Last Night's Dinner Out

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Queenie
Administrator

Last Night's Dinner Out

Post by Queenie »

I just wanted to comment on another LDL friendly meal.  We went to Yukon Steak House (I don't know if they are nation-wide) last night and I ordered Grilled Salmon.  It came with a tiny container of delicious salsa - basically just black beans, carrots, celery & some other legal stuff, and I ordered brocolli on the side.  The piece of broccoli that they brought was HUGE and didn't have anything on it (another tiny container of cheese sauce was brought out with it, but I just took it off my plate and put it aside).  I didn't notice it on the menu or I would've told them not to bring it, but it also came with a tiny bit of rice (and since I don't really care for rice, it's never been hard for me to push that away).  Anyway, it was SUPURB, so I wanted to share this with everyone.

I knew that we were going out for dinner, so I ate vegetarian for lunch.  How wonderful to eat out and still have a great LDL friendly meal.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: Last Night's Dinner Out

Post by LittlePrincess »

Carolyn,

Isn't it fabulous?  I've eaten out several times since being on LDL and did pretty much the same thing you did.  I even have had steak a couple of times instead of fish.  It's like we've talked about so many times before, this is a forever plan that WORKS!!!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful meal and were able to just relax and enjoy your food!  *Hugs*  Thanks for sharing.

(In Faith) Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by joecaracappa »

Hey Carolyn,

I'm curious. In your picture, what is that thing right in front of you that kind of looks like a bowling ball?

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Gosh Joe...i think that is a person's head....

i love your little drawing Joe...did you do it? 

margo
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

[/quote]
  And I also know the answer to your question, Margo...(guess I've spent way too much time on these boards....)  Joe's son drew the picture.  He is an animation artist/cartoonist.

Mary
[/quote]

That's right. He is a graduate of Cal Arts............which means that cartoon representing me cost $150,000 to make.

Joe
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

joecaracappa wrote: That's right. He is a graduate of Cal Arts............which means that cartoon representing me cost $150,000 to make.

Joe

hahaha!!!  Joe, you're a riot!!

And I don't think I'll tell John that you thought his head was a bowling ball!!!  He's self-concious enough about his thinning hair!!

Carolyn

joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

[/quote]

hahaha!!!  Joe, you're a riot!!

And I don't think I'll tell John that you thought his head was a bowling ball!!!  He's self-concious enough about his thinning hair!!

Carolyn
[/quote]

Hey, I'm a dome head myself. In fact when I do get a haircut they mow it down to nothing. John however is in that arkward stage between the comb over and a George Forman special. In the meantime I recommend really short haircuts and a red corvette.

Joe
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

That red Corvette will overshadow a chrome dome every time!!  My husband says men with no hair are smarter than those with hair.  They don't have anything weighing down the little grey cells.  You need sunglasses around my DH...he really shines.

Pat

PS.  I had lunch at Longhorn Restaurant last Monday.  I had their 7-Pepper Sirloin Salad.  It was a HUGE bowl of very lovely assorted greens topped with a very tender grilled sirloin steak.  I asked for Italian dressing on the side.  If you order it, tell them to leave the garlic crutons off.  I've made a note of this meal in my LDL Friendly Restaurants notebook.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Gee..i guess this is really off the topic of LDL but i just had to chime in.  i think men with bald heads are so attractive...(My husband allows me to utter such things!!)  I can't wait until my husband goes bald!  I see a thinning place on the very top....HURRAAAY....Well if he doesn't get more bald, i'll just have to deal with it! i love him anyway!  ;D
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

margo wrote: I can't wait until my husband goes bald!   ....Well if he doesn't get more bald, i'll just have to deal with it! i love him anyway!  ;D

Margo:
I've got this picture in my head of you shaving your husbands head in he's asleep. You know Hollywood has been doing it's part to elevate the folicly challenged into sex symbols. Patrick Stewart, Ted Dansen, Robert Piccardo, Howie Mandel, Bruce Willis...................and for all you folks out there living on the edge, Brittney Spears.

Joe
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Joe...you're  a riot....i showed my husband this thread of posts and he was laughing so hard but asked me please to avoid bringing razors, knifes, etc. into the bedroom while he's sleeping!!  ::)
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Margo, if you really want a laugh go back through old topics and see if you can find our off topic chats about a LDL ranch!! (I think it started with Joe and a Van Nuys smoothie disaster!!) You'll see exactly how crazy we can get around here! It sure does help to lighten the load for the day though.
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

oh man....i read that thread and i laughed alot!!  Thanks...and now i have a little insight into Joe's sense of humor...What fun!

margo
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Hey the best part is we never know just where or when a person with the ability to make the LDL ranch dream come true just may end up in here as a member of the family! Disneyland was once "Just a dream".  So I'm still here "dreaming" of the day we'll all go to the ranch and have our jobs!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

joecaracappa wrote:John however is in that arkward stage between the comb over and a George Forman special. In the meantime I recommend really short haircuts and a red corvette.

Joe

And I'm not sure if you remember or not, but John's hair is as long as mine is!  (I LOVE it, by the way!!)  He's talking about cutting it short, but I hope he doesn't.  No red corvette, but he does have a red PT Cruiser!  haha!

It's funny, but before I met him, I ONLY dated bald men...  so John has no worries - if he goes bald, cool!

Carolyn