Mary On TV

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
jerio

Mary On TV

Post by jerio »

I woke up extra early, here in Florida...turned on tv...and there was
Our Mary...well Im pretty sure it was....she was on a local show and
was making Chickpea soup and talking with the hostess about Roger's
LDL  Book and program....Good Job, Mary...you are a great spokeswoman
for the LDL way of eating...I didn't know that you were a chef...but I
should have guessed because of all the knowledge you have about
food.....anyway...I wanted to say it was just delightful to see Mary
on the show, and Mary certainly was encouraging about the program
and her attitude of kindness and understanding just shines thru...
I will have to say that I was not very pleased when near the end of the
show the hostess talked about being overweight and kind of compared
it with gluttony...now..as far as Im concerned thats not accurate in any
way.....people are overweight in this country because of the kinds of
things they eat...not the quantity....so ..that's just my personal reaction
to what the lady said...but Mary is a big hit with me....what a nice lady she
is..........                                          Jeri
LRittle
New, but learning

Re: Mary On TV

Post by LRittle »

Awesome Mary....what station  and what program was she on? I live in Florida...on the west coast (Tampa). Any chance we would get to see this program, or was it a local station she appeared on? Let us know...please!
It is wonderful that the Lord is getting the LDL program out there...for more to see and experience.
Thank Mary for being a "Willing Vessel" ......Linda
"Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!"
jerio

Post by jerio »

I live on the west coast also...it was on the Christian Television Network...a lady has a show, I think the name is  Home Keepers....I wish I could have recorded it but my recorder wasn't hooked up...I can't remember the lady's name who has the show..it's on early in the morning and also in the afternoon some days...I would think it might be rerun at some time..hopefully...I was glad that they mentioned Roger's book..and even had an offer for people to purchase it..so that is wonderful and I hope lots of people will order it...    Jeri
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I saw Mary too!  I was so excited to get to see her cook the Israeli Chickpea Soup and the wraps like PF Chang's.  She did a great job of course.
The lady who hosts the Homekeepers show is Arthelene Rippy.  I was glad to hear her say she will be having Roger back again on the show.  This is the show where I first saw him and his wife and learned of LDL.
BTW, Jeri and Linda, I too live on the west coast of Florida......Sarasota.
Nice to "meet you"!

mrsj
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi all.....

Hubby and i were discussing why this wonderful eating plan was not more well known and it occurred to me that perhaps the folks who make a mint from the sale of presciption diet pills, the sale of weekly diet meetings like WW, diet drinks, low carb diets, food sale plans and all the other diet stuff won't want to let LDL become popular because LDL is FREE to all who want to try it.  You don't have to pay a fee to join and there are no mysterious concoctions that are necessary...no measuring and of course LDL addresses the underlying chemical reaction that causes the food binging and addiction meaning that less
fast food sales, less medical problems and need for prescription drugs for high blood pressure, high bad cholesterol, etc. 

Perhaps Roger Troy, ahve you considered using some small part of the proceeds that are now donated to worthy causes, to be used a bit to help spread the word about LDL.  I guess i'm wondering whether we've reached out to Oprah, Dr. Phil, etc. to let them know that LDL exists.  I see Oprah is getting really BIG again...i'm sure she would be so happy to know about LDL...  Sometimes i feel that it's horrible that more people don't know about LDL but then sometimes i feel so selfish and want to keep this miracle weight loss answer all to myself....I know,,,,i know....it's not very nice way for a person who's trying to get to Heaven to feel...!  (Forgive me please Lord)

Hey, Roger Troy, can i write to Oprah and recommend your book for her "book club?"  Can you imagine how many people she could reach?  It would be great to see Roger on that show....and i want to go tooooooo! ;D
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hmmm..sounds like a  fun project! 

I'll make a list and a draft letter and send it to you, Roger Troy, by e-mail for your review before anything goes out.  Since i'm so new to the program, i want to be sure that i represent it accurately in all respects. (and i promise to capitalize all my "i"s)  ;)

Wishing everyone a wonderful Father's Day (even to all the mothers!)

margo
jerio

Post by jerio »

That would be so wonderful if Oprah would check out Roger's book..and oh yes
Mary, let us know if you do go back on the show..we'd all love to see you, that
would be so cool....also...I remember the lady taking that bite of horseradish and while I hated to laugh it was really funny...I really did not know that the show was a re-run...how about that....You are already into re-runs..ha ha...now you know how Lucy felt.....just kidding...I am so glad to see this way of eating promoted because it's the only , and I mean only thing that I think will work for people on a permanent basis...I did the Medi fast shakes...all that stuff...and I always gained more back when I would stop them..those kind of diets don't teach us how to eat and how to become healthy, but LDL way does..
      Hi to all my neighbors here in Florida....nice to know you aren't so far away.
                                                          God bless all.....  Jeri