WOW

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
niki
Administrator

Re: WOW

Post by niki »

margo wrote:Oh...and i AM enjoying my "time off"...last evening i was just laying in the bed and i KNEW that no one was going to call me right at the best part of a movie or program (i love King of Queens -- that IS me and my husband, okay?) and ask me to prepare  a cup of green tea....or call me all the way over to where he is in order to hand him something he can't find which is RIGHT UNDER HIS NOSE -- for crying out loud!! ::)....i knew that no one would come in just as i was drifting off to sleep to ask me "margo, are you sleeping?"  Gggrrrr!! ;)   ;D

excuse me, is this the same person who despaired of how she was going to endure the separation?............good for you, margo....enjoy.......niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Yep! That's me! ;D
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

margo..this board says it's after 7, but i know that in our neck of the woods, it's really after 8 and you're still on the boards..........YOU'RE AWAKE.......this is totally radical.......
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Jamilet
New, but learning

Post by Jamilet »

Hello Everyone,
Forgive me if you already have something like this posted here, since I haven't had time to read every page in this topic.  I've noticed, from what I have read, that many of you like me were a little too preoccupied with the scale.  I have Niki to thank for setting me straight in that area.

After my third reading of the LDL Book, I developed what I call my LDL scale: 7 simple questions that help me weigh in on how well I'm following the program.  Feel free to add to it if it helps.

[center]Jamilet's LDL Scale

If you can honestly answer yes to each of the following questions, you ‘re on track:
Are you starting each day eating fruit?
Are you eating when you’re physically hungry, not to kill time or feed your emotions?
Are you eating LDL approved foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner until you are full?
Are you reading food labels to insure that you’re avoiding potatoes, added sugar, all grains (except corn), nuts, seeds, and cocoa?
Are you eating vegetables everyday?
Are you eating beans, peas, and corn instead of breads, cereals, and crackers?
Are you eating fruit whenever you’re in the mood for something sweet?[/center]
Jamilet
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

jami....well said.........niki
Jamilet
New, but learning

Post by Jamilet »

Thanks Niki,
Congratulations on passing your goal!
Jamilet
abundantlyblessed

Post by abundantlyblessed »

Well, since I've determined to stay away from my scales, I cannot report how I am doing in that way. BUT I can say that I had another victory today!!!

We ran errands today, instead of yesterday, and I ate a banana before we left. We were hungry by 11 and starving by 1 but I did NOT succumb to the aroma of popcorn chicken. No, no, no...we bought some apples and ate them on the way home. Once the groceries were put away I immediately started on some chili. I had a nice big bowl and then some corn. I will have some popcorn in a little bit.

Also, I so wanted a piece of Ezekiel toast after my chili but I had some corn instead...the desire left. Whew!!!

It's been a good and successful day!

Praise God,
Michele ºÜº
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Jamilet wrote:Thanks Niki,
Congratulations on passing your goal!

thank you...........niki
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Carla wrote:That is great!!!!! Don't you love those bananas? I start every day with one. Now hubby does too so we buy a lot at a time. The checkout people must think we are monkeys! Chili is another favorite of mine. And corn. You sure know how to pick the foods. Good job, Michele!

lol Carla,
      mom and i save gas by taking turns going to town, and we are both fond of bananas , as are the rest of our households. it is not unusual for us to purchase 25 - 30 pounds of bananas at a time. Boy do we get the looks, one cashier even reminds us that we need bananas if we don' t have them in our cart. lol
                            kris

P.S Happy Chanakah everyone!
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Howdy!

i've been beginning each day with at least one banana...i'm not interested in slushies or frozen grapes right now. i also am eating another banana in the evening...

But yesterday, for some reason, i just couldn't get enough food in me.  i ate bananas and leftover blackbeans for breakfast, then grapes (room temp) and a bit later i had lunch (blackeye peas with beef neckbones all cooked down in there -ohh baby)...i ate this twice yesterday....about two hours apart.  then later i had some leftover pinkbeans with collards cooked inthem....i had a left over hamburger (RT's recipe -- the only way i make them now) which i crumbled up in the pink beans..ate that and then had some left over cucumber salad.  Oh yeah...had big big bowl of popcorn with olive oil and sea salt TWICE yesterday...

feeling rather Full heavy this morning... yeechk

God bless!
margo
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi margo....it's a little hard to tell because this wasn't a list of exactly what you ate yesterday, but i think you're eating too often and your blood sugars are fluctuating and making you hungrier(that IS the first sign before cravings)...when you DO eat, you have to eat FULL meals so that you're not hungry again in at least a few hours........look more carefully at what you ate yesterday and consider that this is what you might be doing....and it looks like yesterday you ate meat 3 times....it should only be ONCE........
  eating until full should be all three meals, including the fruit......noone should ever eat a piece of fruit here, a piece of fruit there.........
  so, what do you think?......is this what you did?.......niki 
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Margo,

Niki is right...you have to eat until you are FULL at you meal times...not just snack.  I tried that...and it doesn't work!  I would have only one other idea.  Have you tried other fruits in the morning and evening besides bananas?  For some, bananas can start a food frenzy.  I rarely eat them because it seems like they make me want to eat more...and more often.  Just my thought for you...maybe you are like me as far as eating bananas.  Other fruits don't seem to have that effect on me.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Forever Young wrote: Have you tried other fruits in the morning and evening besides bananas?  For some, bananas can start a food frenzy.  I rarely eat them because it seems like they make me want to eat more...and more often.  Just my thought for you...maybe you are like me as far as eating bananas.  Other fruits don't seem to have that effect on me.

that's very interesting that you say that, jeanne.....you know, i'm not a diabetic(WHY i'm not i don't know...i have it in my family and my eating habits were ATROCIOUS for SO many years)but i NEVER eat only bananas in the morning...in fact, i never eat only one type of fruit for breakfast.........i started doing that in order to make it into a meal and REALLY feel full and i just do it now without thinking about it....more often than not, i also eat bananas hot with cinnamon...i don't add juice or raisins...i just microwave the frozen bananas and sprinkle with loads of cinnamon(that helps stabilize blood sugars..i also take capsules of cinnamon)....so, i think you have something here...niki
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Thanks Niki! 
I also take a cinnamon capsule morning and night with meals...per doctor.  SO, I am sure there must be a reason for them.  And I also eat quite a bit of cinnamon.
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Forever Young wrote:Thanks Niki! 
I also take a cinnamon capsule morning and night with meals...per doctor.  SO, I am sure there must be a reason for them.  And I also eat quite a bit of cinnamon.
Jeanne

do you feel it helps?...sometimes i wonder if it's all in my mind......when i had gone off let's do lunch and struggled to get back on, i took it often and i really felt that it helped.....niki
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi Guys...

i'm feeling much better today and i'm eating more normally... i made a pot of black eye peas (it may be that they trigger me...i'll have to try them again..)...and i put beef neck bones in them.  They were so good and slurpy...i guess the neck bones didn't have much meat on them and that's why i was wanting more animal protein later on in the day and the black eye pea feels sort of light in my stomach..the don't feel like lentils or beans...

i can't think of anything different in my diet that would have caused that need to graze all day. 

Hey Niki...congratulations on surpassing your goal!  You are an inspiration!

And i read where someone lost 70 pounds since April!!  That is so awsome! 

God bless!
margo
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi Everyone...

i wanted to check in yesterday but the day got away from me.  i'm happy to report that i finally broke the 190 pound mark.  I'm now 189.  Really, i need more clothing...everything is so big on me...(awwww, poor me  ;D)

This really is an achievement because remember that recently i purchased a new scale only to learn that i was not 191 or 192 (as the old digital scale said) but actually 197 or 198 (i forget which, now)...but it was a difference of 5 or 6 pounds...so that means, (i think) that i actually have lost 8 pounds in the last couple of months.  That's significant and i'm very pleased.

Thanks Lord!!
Thanks RT!
Thanks LDL
THanks to all of my brother and sister LDLers for all your encouragement, spiritual and otherwise as well as your sage advice!

God bless..
margo
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Oh...

and i wanted to mention that i finally tried the frozen bananas put in the microwave and topped with cinnamon.....i did not care for it...it looked and felt like pudding though....so if people love pudding, i think they would like this.  hmmmm...did i mention that i have hated pudding (except tapioca) all of my life with a passion?  :-X

Did i do something wrong in the preparation?

Thanks
margo
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Margo,

"Really, i need more clothing...everything is so big on me...(awwww, poor me  )"

[glow=orange,2,300]CONGRATULATIONS ON BREAKING THE 200 POUND MARK!!![/glow]

This is a problem we all LOVE TO HAVE...our clothing is

WOOO-HOOO....TOOOOO BBIIIGGGGGG!!!

Was never a problem BEFORE LDL for me...but I was always having to find something that was 

BBBIIIIIIGGGGG  ENOUGH

for me to get into.  Love this other problem much better!

Keep on keeping on...LDL...and you will contine to have to find clothes that are
                                      smaller

to wear!  Yahoo!!!  What a problem to have if you ask me.

Love,
Jeanne