WOW

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Sweet_Pea

Re: WOW

Post by Sweet_Pea »

It is WOW Wednesday again.

It was a busy but good week, seemed like I had more energy and worked out in the yard more.  I'm really enjoying being outdoors and watching the plants grow.  Picking lettuce, and spinach or swiss chard, not sure which is big enough and making great salads.  Also had some basil and rosemarry out of my potted herbs.

It has been cloudy last few days, cooler and not so hot which I like.  Tomorrow temps are starting upwards again and back to the 80's and 90's.  So I'll try and get out early to water plants and pick the greens.

A song in my heart is "ONE Day at a Time, Dear JESUS".  That is what works best for me.  When I get to  looking to far ahead, I become anxious, wondering if I can keep losing weight and do things that I would love to do again.
But one day at a time I can do.

Hugs, Carrole
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

It is WOW Wednesday and just came in from picking some garden greens and thinking what a beautiful morning it is.  Picked some strawberries yesterday.  I love this time of year.

I tried to be outside more this week and not concentrate as much on food.  I bought some cans of tuna and salmon so can make quick salads to go along with soups.  I haven't stepped on the scale for awhile but think I'm staying about the same.  I'm ready for another loss so can get on with this journey.  I'm happy to be feeling great and enjoying the great outdoors.  I have missed working in the garden and yard and feel so blessed to be able to do that this year.

My thought for today is the story of the Hare and the Turtle.  I may be slow but don't turn your back on me or give up on me because I'm coming along just not at a  fast pace but hopefully a steady pace.

Love you all and wish everyone a blessed week.  Don't forget to pray for this country of ours that we love so much.

Hugs, Carrole
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Good Morning!  So happy to see all your bright shining faces!  Our WOW cheerleader, Carrole is faithfully on the job with her inspirational posts.  

As I was browsing through quotes about CHANGE I noticed this one is particularly apt at explaining why Let's Do Lunch works when traditional weight loss plans have failed:

[glow=red,2,300]If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot?[/glow]

--Gloria Steinem

I believe the reason "diets" don't work for us is that they require us to change our entire nature - disregarding our habits, preferences, and our need to enjoy food.  They have taken away our choices and blamed our failure on lack of will power.  I like the shoe and foot analogy because it illustrates that you can adapt Let's Do Lunch to fit YOU, instead of trying to change yourself to fit a program.

Here's another great one that explains why we're here:

The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.

-- M. Scott Peck
Last edited by Gwennaford on June 3rd, 2009, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hm, It's been 3 months since my last WOW post.

I certainly understand why; I work 8am-8pm on Wednesdays...

Today was a tough day. Everything seemed to go wrong, Starting with getting blood drawn for a lab this morning. I am a HUGE baby about needles and blood. So I took a blanket to put over my head while they drew the blood. (So I couldn't see anything.)
It didn't go well. My veins roll. She had to go digging around when she didn't hit it the first time.
Afterwards I was all shaky, too, because I hadn't had my fruit for breakfast yet.
Needed both fruit and protein before going to work an hour and a half late.
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

well, it is late wednesday night here, I'm sorry your day didn't start well enjae, but the Lord never gives us more than we can handle.  I had a good wed., finishing with friends stopping over after church to visit,  (what started out as a trip to a fast food joint that was giving away free rootbeer floats) ended up at my house where I could serve them pie and icecream, and I got to have strawberries and canteloupe, ( :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: my friend said oh we get pie, and you get fresh fruit, so I had to offer her some fruit to)  no awkward moments saying no thankyou to the rootbeer float.  surprize, surprize I didn't even want it.  Praise the Lord.
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

For those of us who are new here, please tell us what is WOW?

From what I have read WOW could be an acrynom for Words of Wonder.

Thank you,
GEM
bethp

Post by bethp »

Thanks, Mary! I thought maybe "weigh on Wednesday" but that didn't fit the philosophy! LOL!  :rolleyes:
So hello, everyone, a day late but thanks to all of you for the support and love!!
Beth
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

marysimmons wrote:Welcome on Wednesday!

WOW!
Mary

I hope my crown comes down low enough to hide the flashing DITZY sign in the center of my forehead, but what (as in person, place or thing...is it larger than a breadbox...vegetable or mineral...start's with etc?) is WOW?  I mean how does one go about Wowing on Wednesday?
GEM the Ditzy Chick
Basket Lady

Post by Basket Lady »

Wouldn't it be great if we could have a WOW seminar with RT, of course, as I main speaker!!!  Then he could drill into our heads about eating the LDL way!  I would love that! ;D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZlJ3yw/]
cuzican

Post by cuzican »

I wanted an idea for vacation.  I think your idea is great.

Barb
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Today is wow Wednesday and a great day for me.  One of my little granddaughters turned 4 today.  Her mother had given me a shirt with a baby picture of her cooking with me on it, Dec 2005.  I had never wore it as it never fit.  Today I got it out and it fit and I wore it.  OH HAPPY DAY!

I also noticed I don't have to raise the steering wheel any longer in our car.  So little by little life is changing for me and I love it. 

My thought for today is "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thy own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge HIM and HE shall direct our paths. Amen.

Carrole
Basket Lady

Post by Basket Lady »

YOU ROCK SWEETPEA!!!! 
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Basket Lady wrote:Wouldn't it be great if we could have a WOW seminar with RT, of course, as I main speaker!!!  Then he could drill into our heads about eating the LDL way!  I would love that! ;D

In the same vein, Roger, have you ever considered or has it already been done, putting your book on CD. For those of us who travel a bit it would be most helpful. Especially if you read it yourself, we'd have your little voice in our ear anytime we needed it to help keep us on track *woot* :laughing:. Well maybe we're not that dependent but I do think an audio book would be a good idea - no matter who does the reading.  Just a thought. :rose: Eljayne
Basket Lady

Post by Basket Lady »

What a great idea!  LDL on CD! 
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Good Morning all, Its Wednesday, can't believe its here already, just checking in, am still eating ldl, just put a wonderful ldl shepherds pie in the oven to take to work with me tonight. Have been busy at work, so it's hard to find time to eat sometimes, but it's working.  I am eating til full, and not eating as much.  just a quick thought for the day, Paul tells us in his epistles the "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"  so this week, I am going to keep on with ldl and Christ.
bethp

Post by bethp »

mom wrote:just a quick thought for the day, Paul tells us in his epistles the "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"  so this week, I am going to keep on with ldl and Christ.

Thanks, Mom....that is a WOW! I love it!  *love*    :rose:
Have a good night!
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hello Everyone and Welcome to Wednesday -- A Day Early!  LOL

Mi Vida Loca has been keeping me off the boards, but not for bad reasons.  Just a lot of stuff going on.  But I didn't want another Wednesday to pass without spending a little time with my LDL friends & hopefully, posting something inspirational.

GEM -- & all others who are wondering about what WOW is...Carla started it a long time ago as a place to check in, get a little motivation & share some successes to get us through hump day.  Now HER vida loca is keeping her away, so I decided to pick up the ball, but I haven't been doing a very good job of keeping it in the air.  I mistakenly renamed it "Winning on Wednesday" because I was too lazy to go back to the beginning to read the whole gajillion pages.  Anyone who wants to post something to inspire and uplift our LDL community is welcome to share -- especially including their personally successes!  AND you don't have to wait for Wednesday!  

Now you know the whole story.  Post away! ! !

Today's inspiration quote captures the essence of the Let's Do Lunch program:

[shadow=gray,left]Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
[/shadow]

Margaret Mead
Last edited by Gwennaford on June 30th, 2009, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

I am off to Montana to help my parents for a month. My mom had a stroke last year and a pacemaker placed last week. She is 90 and my dad is 92. They still live at home and do quite well on there own. My mom can't raise her arms for about 6-8 weeks and so I'm sure will need some help in keeping the house up like she likes it. My dad is sort of helpless in that department. He still grows a huge garden and I'm hoping that I will get to eat some fresh veggies while there. The cherries should be coming on at Flathead Lake and so will be able to eat alot of those. I am sad however that since they do not own a computer I will not be able to read the boards for a while. I will just have to think about how well you are all doing and it will keep me going. Talk to you all in August!!!
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!