WOW

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
niki
Administrator

Re: WOW

Post by niki »

Grammasuz wrote:The Queen Mum and ticker clicker checker (whatever)  WAY TO GO NJ!!   Good job.

TICKER CLICKER CHECKER....that's hyserical...NOW, your title is: your royal highness the queen mother TCC..........
  AND i am very happy to now see you take your responsibilities as TCC seriously.........keep up the good work, queen mum.... 
                                        signed,
                                  the bean queen
Last edited by niki on September 6th, 2007, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi Carla!  Hi Everyone!

I haven't been on the scale in a long time....I feel thinner and my pants are feeling looser.  Maybe i'll get on the scale next week or next month...i would like to weigh myself before Ramadan starts -- that's in about a week -- and then i'll weigh myself at the end of Ramadan -- that's one month later....Fasting during the day and eating LDL foods should really make a difference! I can't wait to see the difference! 

God Bless!
margo
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Carla wrote:Queen Mum... Bean Queen.... Princess Veronica.... and isn't there even a Prince Charles floating around here? Is there any other royalty that I should know about?

no...no prince charles....we DO have court jesters..........niki 
Last edited by niki on September 6th, 2007, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

good laugh,carla........thanks.......niki
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

I am doing well!
    I am now able to wear my sisters size 20 jeans!  I have not worn a 20 since? maybe 25  years! I was wearing 28s at the end of march when I started LDL!
                    With G-d's mercy I will never wear 28s again! :D

May G-d bless you all!
                                                    Kris

If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi everyone!

i weighed myself this morning and now i weigh 206.4.  That's a loss...but i can't remember how much i weighed last time i weighed myself...so i've written it down this time in my datebook!

Okay...so tomorrow Ramadan starts....that means i'll be fasting for about 14 hours a day for a month.  This is the longest amount of fasting hours i've ever done!!  Lord give me strength -- anyway, thank goodness that if i just can't seem to make the 14 hour daily fast or if i feel i will be ill...i can always eat and make up the day at some later date.....but of course i have to give it my best and really try!  Usually the fast day is only about 12 hours and at the end of those 12 hours i want to dive head first into dinner....so i can't imagine doing two hours more....(every year is a little different).

I'll be interested to weigh myself after i finish fasting....

I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to do LDL Ramadan...i figure i'll get up early as always (around 4am) and eat some beans or lentils and a salad and corn and peas ...and drink a whole bunch of liquids (which is what i miss the most when i'm fasting)....and then when the sun goes down around 7:15pm and we have our "break fast" we can have our lunch (but that's so near my bedtime -- maybe i should have my lunch in the morning instead)...

and that's the other thing...During Ramadan, my hubby tries to sleep as much as he can during the day so he doesn't suffer so much    ??? (one of the main ideas of Ramadan is to give us a chance to feel a little bit of what poor hungry people feel and to really appreciate what we have)  Anyway, he likes to sleep and wake up just a bit before it's time to eat and then he stays up until the next morning fast day starts.  So maybe i'll give him his lunch at sun down.  Since i'm awake all day and working and since i go to sleep so early in the night, i'll have my main lunch around 5am.

Well, i know that most of us are Christians but i feel at home here and hope that someone may have some feedback about my LDL eating plan for Ramadan.

Thanks and God bless....please pray for me to succeed in my fast!  Thanks!

margo
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Margo;
I would go with your idea of eating lunch early so that you'll have stamina to make it through the day. Then have beans, veggies and fruit to break your fast at night.
I'll be praying for you.

I'm checking in for WOW, too.
I hesitated to weigh this week because I have eaten more fried foods than normal. [That looks funny to me... a normal amount of fried meals for me for an average week is zero. So even 1 more is MORE. haha] I ate fried fish twice and fried okra twice. And one day at breakfast, instead of eating just the contents of a breakfast burrito and tossing the tortilla, I ate it. I have felt bloated and uncomfortable.
But I weighed this morning anyway, and I have only gained 1 pound; 210 today. Which in the over-all scope of things is just a blip on the radar. 
Here's to eating salads this week when the cafeteria offers fried chicken or fish...
I love all you losers!
NJ
Last edited by EnJae on September 12th, 2007, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Thanks EnJae..

i'll post about my progress, problems if i encounter them...etc...

Man...can you imagine if i could work in some exercise (even 15 minutes each day)? while fasting  and LDL??? I'll be in a bikini in no time... ;D  NOT!

God's blessings on us all!

margo 
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Ohhhh Little Maaaary!!  It's only TWENTY EIGHT days!! Puleeeeeze!  (Forty days is Lent)...and i sure wish i could give up something i love for 40 days...i'd give up...ummm...lemme think........White Rice, potatos, pasta and bread!  ;) (Pretty sneaky, huh?)

THanks for the encouragement. 
I know i started at 225 and so i figure i'm down almost 20 pounds..  I think i started the third week of April....so that's almost 6 months for 20 pounds.  That's only about 3 pounds a month -- but that's okay with me because i have all the food i want to eat and i feel great!!  Even fasting i wouldn't expect to lose more than 5 pounds by the end of OCtober, but who knows?  Because in prior fasting i would really let myself eat ice cream and whatever the heck else i wanted to eat when it was time to eat.....This time, it'll be so different because only healthier whole foods go in!! I adore LDL...i feel so good about the quality of food that we're eating...

Will check in tomorrow!
Thanks again all!
margo
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

I have hesitated joining WOW because my scale broke and I can't really weigh in on any kind of regular basis but I like reading the posts.  About clothes, I wear comfy jumper type dresses during the week, ideal for nursing and very durable (also I can run and play with my kids while still looking a bit business casual).  I hadn't really thought of getting new clothes because these look loosish anyway.  Recently though my next door neighbor gave me some clothes she outgrew for my girls.  They went through and took what they wanted and there were still some really nice things (many name brands with tags still on).  I could not believe most of it fit me!  Eventhough I really don't think I've lost much more weight, I'm getting lots of compliments because I'm wearing clothes that fit better.  Dh says I should get/make some other things to finish out my wardrobe and pass along the jumpers to someone else.  I plan on doing that when the baby weans over the next few months....should be a fun way to celebrate a year of LDL (Dec 15th), Christmas (my Mom & MIL are so generous with clothes)  :) and my 40th birthday in Jan :o.  BTW-  I used to wear M-L (12-14) depending on the outfit and these new clothes are XS-S (2-6).....haven't worn that size since I was my oldest daughter's age...13:-).  All glory to God, it hasn't been hard or costly and I have so much more energy!

Lovin LDL,
Julie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

BradyBunchMom wrote:I used to wear M-L (12-14) depending on the outfit and these new clothes are XS-S (2-6).....haven't worn that size since I was my oldest daughter's age...13:-).  All glory to God, it hasn't been hard or costly and I have so much more energy!

julie...that's FABULOUS.......young AND thin.....without dieting....feeling GREAT......WHAT is better than that?.......niki
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

roger
    If a person can't get fried foods off their mind and is having a hard time they should watch this show.  You are what you eat. It is on bbc america. They show what these peolpe eat over a weeks time. It is all greasy fatty food and totally brown diet. At will just turn a person 0ff completly I don't crave the stuff. After showing them what they have eaten they are put on a diet similar to Ldl. But what got me is how ugly that type of food really is. Thanks be to God and you that we don't need that stuff.
                        Judie
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Roger Troy wrote: "NJ, are you craving fried foods? If not, why are you eating them? If so, you need to eat the Let's Do Lunch recipes with all the starchy carbs in them each and every day, until your craving for fried foods goes away.

God bless,

Roger Troy"

No RT; thank you for your concern.
I have NOT been wanting the fried foods but I have a new client (I am a senior companion/CAREGiver) and I now eat with her at lunch at her Retirement Center. The cafeteria serves a plate of food, no choice in what goes on it. They dish it up and bring it out to you. BUT I just found out that I can ask for a large salad instead of the plate lunch. So I now have a game plan.

One blessing is that I have been able to share the LDL concept with some of the ladies at the retirement center and one of them ordered 2 books this week!
Praise God!
NJ
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

LOVE my new job. Now working a consistent 40hrs/wk. [Working the 3 jobs I had all summer; sometimes I had 60hrs/wk at minimum wage, no overtime hrs; sometimes I had 15hrs/wk. AWFUL! I was either exhausted or broke.]

Very happy with the company that hired me last month! Christian environment. Very compassionate office staff.

Only upgrade in  the kitchen so far... I splurged on a new, large "George Foreman Grill"tm with removable grill plates. The one I had for years was only big enough for 2 hamburger patties.
The guys in my family that COULD figure out and replace the part that's broken in the oven are both are working overtime right now so I told them not to worry about the stove for now.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Glad to hear you like your new job.  Glad that you are on a normal work week every week.  Know what 60 or 15 hours can do to your body!  Those were how my hours were when I lived in Illinois a few years ago.

Also glad you got a George Foreman with reversible grids.  Let me know how you like it.  DH has been talking about replacing ours WITHOUT removable grids with one of those.

Jeanne 
Last edited by Anonymous on September 14th, 2007, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!