WOW

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
margo
Master Member

Re: WOW

Post by margo »

I'm so afraid to have anything that might trigger a feeding frenzy.  I love chocolate flavor.  So does my hubby...He's more of a chocoholic than i am (i'd rather have bread and white empty carbs).....but i wouldn't risk the way i'm feeling now about food by even tasting a teeny weenie little piece of chocolate.  It's just not worth it.  Would be just like if i went out an bought a pack of cigarrettes and decided to have just one after so many years of non smoking and after finally winning the battle against nicotine addiction.  I would be crazy to do such a thing.  That's the way i feel about white carbs, sugar, chocolate and anything else that can send me swirling down the drain of food addiction again.  UGH!  God Forbid it!  I am actually angered when i think about the companies that produce such products and then promote them on television, etc....That's the same thing those horrible tobacco companies did.  I was listening to some old radio programs yesterday and they played some old Chesterfield and Lucky Strike commercials.  I still remembered "Lucky Strike means Fine Tobacco" ...It's criminal what those companies did to get people addicted and keep them that way while all the time denying that what they were peddling was poison.  Those white carbs are poison for people like us with food compulsions and sensitivities to those types of carbs.

I'm sorry i got way off on a rant.  I guess that i'm really quite angry at those companies now that i can see what effect they had on my life.  What i really just wanted to say was that I haven't had a taste of chocolate in almost two months since i started LDL...haven't had a mouthful of pasta, not a tater, not a grain of rice (not even brown rice)....ain't had no bread or crackers or anything like that. ;D  I did order, yesterday, three bags of those Real Corn Chip things...If i like them i will order more and have around for those times i want to make a tuna sandwich (haven't had any sandwich) or maybe some nice home made salsa...

i don't miss any of those things....and i still truly enjoy watching my cooking shows and don't get crazy at all...(except when i see a chef plop sticks and sticks of butter in a pan, then add white flour (to make a rioux)....that's makes my stomach turn....Thank Go i  have self control again. 

LDL is magnificent...truly miraculous! 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend....

margo
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi Carla...Hi Everyone!

Yes, that one little jellybean was most certainly a temptation and a test for you.  Probably was the devil.  I'm so glad that you won that battle!!

I got on the scale this morning and it reads 211.  That is down from 225 and it's been two months.  So that's 14 pounds total for an average 7 pounds lost each month.

Well...now to be perfectly honest.  I pulled out the scale yesterday morning in preparation for today (yeah, right...) and weighed myself.  Yesterday morning the scale read 209.6 and i was happy that i had broken 210...but this morning it's up two pounds...That's the way the weight fluctuates for me.  But even so, i have lost nicely over the two months and i'm sure that if i just tweak my food intake just a bit, i should easily be below 210 by next month weigh in.

I've been skinny my whole life....until menopause, that is!  That happened around 46 years of age.  I'm 53 now.  I hate being fat and i don't think of myself as fat... i mean that my mental image of myself is the tall and slender and lovely body i had before my change of life.  But i've been a compulsive eater all my life.  My family used to call me the bottomless pit and everyone thought it was sort of cute how much quantity of food i could put away and still stay as skinny as a rail. 

Anyway, that's my story...

Have a great day and rest of the week!

God Bless...

margo
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I am weighing once a week for awhile. Today I was 214.
That is 49 pounds down from my highest weight; 31 down from my LDL starting weight; and 1 down from last week.
:D

Reasons for weight trouble: I was seriously underweight for most of my childhood and teenage years. Growing up I was overly concerned with the moods of the other members of my family and usually I was too stressed to eat much. After leaving home I discovered I could eat. I gained from 5 to 15 pounds every year until I weighed 263#.  At first gaining weight was a blessing. I am 5'3" and during college went from 97# to 120#. I looked healthier then. But I turned food into the love I craved from my family. All the time God was right there waiting for me to turn to Him instead. I am thankful that I have finally noticed His love for me.

NJ
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Well here I am (finally on the boards after several days off). I was probably at a good weight until around 12 when the doctors said I was "too heavy" (maybe 12-15 pounds overweight) and put me on a diet. I have yo yo dieted ever since. I am now in the 200# + range (haven't weighed in a while).

Been off LDL for a bit due to many different reasons, but the biggest thing I notice is I'm swollen and cranky and overall not feeling good. I'll be getting right back on track later this week after pay day! I can't take the way I feel (cruddy) any more.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

This is SO TRUE!!!
When I have gone off of LDL my attitude changes. Now when I start getting irritable and moody my foster-dad says: "Whatd'dya eat!?" He can tell.
With LDL I have been able to get off of Zoloft (w/ Dr's permission).

NJ
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Carla wrote: "I’m out of ideas this week for a Thought for the Week. Who has some words of wisdom?"

What about sharing a scripture that means something to us?

Here's one of mine: Psalm 73:26
"My flesh and my heart may fail but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

I came across this verse when I was at my highest weight, grieving over a diet failure. (ie my 'flesh' had failed...) God gave me peace that I did not have to be perfect at the diet I was trying and therefore set myself up for failure. He comforted me with the thought that even when I could not 'stick with it', He was (and is) enough. He provides salvation, not only for my spiritual sins, but my physical ones.
Also, from this verse I got the idea that food didn't have to fill the void in me, God is my portion... After finding this verse, and putting my hope in it's message, I stopped gaining weight and held at 263# for awhile. I'll never weigh that much again; All Praise to my Abba!

NJ
Last edited by EnJae on July 25th, 2007, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

WOW; WOW; and double WOW!

Late last night I was checking my other groups (nonLDL) and I belong to a group that recycles items instead of tossing them (AbileneFreecycle). Someone on there offered 4 pairs of jeans in a regular size 18. She listed that she'd bagged them and placed the bag on her front porch and gave the address. She offered the jeans "First one to come by, gets the bag!"
So at midnight last night I drove across town and picked up the jeans. The last pair of pants I bought was an 18W, which is one size larger than an 18. I just tried the jeans on this morning and they fit me! I am OUT OF THE "FAT-LADY" SIZES!!!! Ok, I know I'll still have to try things on and that sometimes the item that will fit best for awhile will still be in the Women's sizes, but HOW COOL! I FINALLY fit into something in the REGULAR sizes!

Also, it's Wednesday morning. My weigh-in day: 214#.

NJ
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

NJ,
    You are doing a great job!  CONGRATULATIONS on the size loss!  I am always thankful when it is a loss in inches as well as pounds.
      Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and you will get to your goal. 
Love,
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

It is Wednesday Aug.1st.  Happy Aug. to ALL !!!  I have one problem which I hope someone can shed some light on (not litteraly!).  I am having a problem with elimination.  I don not want to take laxitives.  I was fine for the first few weeks but it seems as soon as my body got used to the good foods, it would not work as supposed to.  Help.  I am an older person and have lost 23 lbs.in about 10 weeks.  What can I do different.?
Nancy
Nancy in FLImage
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Nancy,

You can try adding prunes.  Or use Fiber Sure (?) not sure if that is the name of it.  I go through periods of that and just keep eating more fruits and beans and it takes care of itself.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Wednesday already! This week was better. Hubby still sabotaging as much as possible, but I've gotten better yet again at eating the right stuff and leaving his stuff alone. Found strawberries on sale and got a bunch to freeze myself (cheaper). Still trying to get 100% back on track. not sure if I gained during my couple months of not doing my best or not. Haven't weighed in about 3 months or so. Will start again soon.
As for the regularity, if I eat too many bananas they block me  up, but eating salad everyday at lunch and the fruit smoothie for bkfst, keeps me pretty regular. You can give it a try!
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Thanks a lot.  We used bananas as the base for our smoothies but have stopped.  I found a great lunch dish.  I use fatfree cottage cheese topped with unsweetened applesauce topped with fresh blueberries (enough to cover it all).ummmmm.  I think cottage cheese is binding also..... 
We had company last weekend and ate out a lot. Found that restaurants will bend backward to accomodate a patron.  I stayed true to LDL,,,......

Nancy
Nancy in FLImage
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Roger Troy,  I have tried to post on Success and cannot find a place to post.  What am I doing wrong?
Nancy in FLImage
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Thanks Mary, I did.
Nancy in FLImage
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

It is again WOW Wednesday !!!!! I've had a Blaaaa week but I can feel it lifting.  It is good to be alive (and kicking !)  And how was your week?

Nancy
Nancy in FLImage
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

WOW!  Your daughter should post her success story on the personal success stories board!  She has done GREAT!!!  She and you should definitely be proud of the LDL success story!  Thanks for sharing with us.

Jeanne