WOW

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
greenheron

Re: WOW

Post by greenheron »

grambonnie, perhaps you can pop into the local library a couple times to catch up.  Have a safe trip, and best of luck with your parents!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Just a quick WOW...I am still w/o a computer, but once in a great while get to use my mom's. Was really bad first part of this year and had gained back about 15 pounds (just being a busy softball mom who ate too many times at the snack shack!!!) as I wasn't following LDL as closely as I had. HOWEVER 15 pounds up from about 48 initially lost not too bad.

Good news is After 6 weeks of slowly working my way back to LDL eating (99% of time) I'm back down 6 of those 15 pounds.

Anyway. Here in spirit even if not in person very often.
LOVE TO YOU ALL
Veronica
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Veronica!!!!!!  (((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))  I miss you sister!!!!

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by mom »

Well, it's not yet wednesday here, but I know it is back east, so I'll just pop in and say Hi, today I am going to try and remember that "this is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it"; and ldl is the food God hath made, I am rejoicing and glad for it.
bethp

Post by bethp »

Good Wednesday to everybody! Wednesday is always a great day for me because I am off on Wednesdays. When I first saw WOW, to me when I was still struggling the battle of the scale, it meant on weigh on wednesday so I got into my head that I would weigh on the first Wednesday of the month. Well, that's today. I have lost 8 lbs since I started this WOE which really is amazing since I don't diet anymore. I am considering that a cuss or cursed word, whichever, in my vocabulary. I have dieted on and off my entire life. The WOE has been freeing for me!!! At first, after I put the battery in the scale and I weighed, my ego jumped in , "only 5 lbs" this month  :thumbdown:  AND I am turning that around WOW, only 5 lbs without dieting!:thumbsup: Isn't that amazing!  :)

Most of all, I am back in onederland!! I think that's a wonderful Wednesday, too!! When I had started gaining weight back, I had all kinds of fear.... I have stretched my pouch, this won't work for me, I will gain everything back, I'll never lose again, I'm back on my lifetime yoyo, I've ruined my insides....AND (I'm not supposed to use but and its hard) because of Roger Troy and his mission from God, those fears are gone. I have quit dieting and yoyoing. I am living and loving life with LDL! I love all of you! I just read this:

Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have.

I have to say that what I want and need are all of my LDL friends and fellow lunchers! I am happy and hope you are too!!! *love*
Have a wonderful Wednesday. I plan to!!!  :rose: :rose: :rose:
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

Wheel now, Wonderful Wednesday is here  :thumbsup:
For me today is the first day of the next passage on my track to success..............Like Beth I had issues in the past with the scale and thanfully I am now a recovering scale~a~holic!
I have measured and weighed and started a written journal to track my life walks.

Also Beth, and Gwen you both said a wonderful thing, rejoice in LDL, all it offers............. its  so much more than a so called diet and Ive been bad ladies, I have literally "chewed" my inner lip to pieces tryin to keep my lips  *lipssealed* cos I just dont get it, meanin I dont get why some want to try and merge off LDL as written or try and take it into the old ways of eating when this way, Rogers way is soooooooooo much easier.......  I have battled with how to say things without causing harm and could not come to grips with it, Ive battled with wanting to cyber slap some sense into some and decided its not gonna help or work......... for I too have walked that very path and KNOW it happens, its the Devils way of trying to unhinge the train from the track and cause a wreck so today............. of ALL days

I decided to just ROLL WITH IT  ;D I refuse to allow negative thoughts, desires, wants, passions, interjections, stones, whatever the deviant forms it inhabits, to rule me or my life.........

I am GRATEFUL for ALL Of you, GOD, RT and LDL

God is great,  he is Good, let us all rejoice and thank HIM for this food  :inlove: and each and every one of us  :inlove:
Last edited by isthis4me on July 1st, 2009, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ready4achange

Post by ready4achange »

Amen to that sister! :thumbsup:
ImageImage
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

WOW!  Congratulations on your loss and getting back to ONEderland! *woot* EXCELLENT!  I love the "ONEderland Wednesday" thought. I'm going to adopt that as my slogan to get to ONEderland. Every Wednesday I'll remind myself that I'm a little closer to ONEderland!  Thank you and Good Job!!!!!!!! God Bless, Lynda
Basket Lady

Post by Basket Lady »

Me too!  Everything ya'all said!  AMEN!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZlJ3yw/]
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

It is on my heart today to talk to you about the mind/body connection.

The bible tells us to have the faith of Abraham and to call those things that be not as though they are.  In Romans 4:17-22, Paul recounts how Abraham by faith, decided to follow God’s example and consider the seemingly impossible as though it was entirely possible.  On the power of God’s promise, he chose to ignore the “evidence” presented by his natural mind (unbelief) and to believe and accept the desired outcome through God’s grace.

I believe the mind/body connection is powerful.  Through positive self-talk we can change our belief system and motivate ourselves into getting healthy successfully.  If you think, dream, speak, behave, and look like a winner, you will BE a winner -- as long as you are doing it with the right motives.  Today is the day to start acting like a winner, not a whiner!  

Follow the examples of Abraham and of your fellow Lunchers:

Plan ahead how and what you will eat healthy while out of town -- like Grambonnie
After taking a brief LDL recess, jump back on the Skinnytown Train -- like Veronica
Be thankful and rejoice in the Lord -- like MOM
Adopt a new attitude and CHOOSE to be happy -- like Beth1 and Abraham Lincoln2
Be a cheerleader – like Ready4aChange, Lynda Jayne and Basket Lady
Make a conscious decision to RELAX and THINK POSITIVE – like Isthis4me...
I decided to just ROLL WITH IT    I refuse to allow negative thoughts, desires, wants, passions, interjections, stones, whatever the deviant forms it inhabits, to rule me or my life.........

I encourage you to take this a step further and REPLACE each negative thought & emotion with a corresponding POSITIVE thought or feeling.  Whenever you banish an inappropriate thought or action, you need to fill up that hole with something wonderful.  Otherwise the hole will fill right back up with bad stuff.  When random negative thoughts enter your mind, instead of ignoring them or putting them aside to think about later (baggage), we need to stop for a second and answer each random negative thought with a specific positive thought targeted to defuse the negative one (freedom).

Stop telling God how big your storm is and start telling the storm how BIG your GOD is ! ! !  

1)  ha ha... Beth, jump on the scale all you want ... just take out the batteries first !  ROFL
2)  you can search for the quote from Abraham Lincoln on this thread.  dont' know if he was a Luncher, but he was pretty skinny !
Last edited by Gwennaford on July 2nd, 2009, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
bethp

Post by bethp »

Gwen, this is WOW! It is wonderful AND you left off one of our biggest cheerleaders (and wonderful recipe makers)...you!!

Stop telling God how big your storm is and start telling the storm how BIG your GOD is ! ! ! 

This says so much!!! Thank you for this wonderful post!
Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!  :rose:

Hugs, Beth *hug* *hug* *hug*

WOW!!!
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

welll.... gawrsh ! ! !  :blush:  :kissed:
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Amen and thank you for this post! You are truly a Blessing to us all. *hug* :kiss: Lynda
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Gwennaford,

Today I came to the boards for some inspiration and I found it in reading your post. Thank you for your insights.

I have been reading about the mind/body connection since as far back as I can remember. I believe it is tangible and we can connect whenever we just think on it. All we have to do is be AWARE. It is amazing to me that when someone has a negative thought or feels disheartened, they can express it here and within minutes they will receive love and guidance and a variety of alternative ways to think on the same issue.

One of my favorite quotes that I carry in my wallet is "If God is for me, then who can be against me?" The correctness of it hit home for me again when I read your quote about the storm. I love that!

And the story of Abraham also resonates with me as I attempt to live my life in this manner every day. I believe that all of us on LDL are a testament to this belief, whether we realize it or not. I read post after post recalling how "...I have tired every diet out there and always failed..." And yet here we all are filled with our faith in LDL and the courage to "...consider the seemingly impossible as though it was entirely possible." So we stand united in HOPE and filled with God's promise.

The self talk is a big one for often times we do not even hear what we tell ourselves and until we recognize that, we will not overcome those voices and thoughts - sometimes articulated by those closest to us. And we assume them as our own beliefs.

"I encourage you to take this a step further and REPLACE each negative thought & emotion with a corresponding POSITIVE thought or feeling.  Whenever you banish an inappropriate thought or action, you need to fill up that hole with something wonderful."
Gwenna, this is really so powerful and so simple. It is the easiest way for anyone to trap that negativity and transform it.

Thank You Gwenna, for starting my Sunday with these inspirational thoughts. I hope your Sunday is filled with love.

Julie :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:
bethp

Post by bethp »

****Your words, your dreams, and your thoughts have power to create conditions.
+ In your life. What you speak about, you can bring about. 
+ If you keep saying you can't stand your job, you might lose your job.
+ If you keep saying you can't stand your body, your body can become sick.
+If you keep saying you can't stand your car, your car could be stolen or just stop running.
+ If you keep saying you're broke, guess what? You'll always be broke.
+ If you keep saying you can't trust a man or trust a woman, you will always find someone in your life to hurt and betray you.
+ If you keep saying you can't find a job, you will remain unemployed.
+ If you keep saying you can't find someone to love you or believe in you, your very thought will attract more experiences to confirm your beliefs.
+ If you keep talking about a divorce or break up in a relationship, then you might end up with it.
+ Turn your thoughts and conversations around to be more positive and power packed with inate faith, love, peace, joy and action.
+ Don't be afraid to believe that you can have what you want and deserve.
+ Watch your Thoughts, they become words.
+ Watch your words, they become actions 
+ Watch your actions, they become habits. 
+ Watch your Habits, they become character.
+ Watch your Character, for it becomes your Destiny
+ The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settle for.
+ In the search for me, I discovered truth.
+ In the search for truth, I discovered love.
+ In the search for love, I discovered God.
+ And in God, I have found me.
+ And in Me, I have found everything.  ~Author unknown~

Someone sent this to me last week. I thought to myself..what I a beautiful thought. That would be a good post for WOW...little did I know that when I was ready to post on Wednesday, that I really needed the wisdom in this thought. I woke up with a crummy attitude this morning. It was a hangover from yesterday. I was tired and grumpy when I got home last night. I worked through it and went to bed but when I got up it was still there!! So as I read and typed this passage, I thought, if I keep saying: I will never lose weight, then I will not lose weight. If I stay focused on how much I weigh, then I will never lose weight. So as we have talked about, the mind, body, spirit (God) connection is so real. Our self talk is so important. So in sharing with you, I have helped myself. I can now say, have a great day, because I intend to...I must go do my T-tapp, then I will be back. I had skipped t-tapping this morning,  *evil*  So now that I have had an attitude adjustment, I will go do that part of my morning routine and I will be back!!

Hugs and blessings to all,  *hug*  *hug*  :angel:
Beth

ps I must consider my many blessings!! LDL and this board is certainly one of them!!
Thanks ya'll!!!  *love*
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

Beth,

What a WOW that post was/is
I stole it I "know" you dont mind  :rose:
I am gonna print this and hang it on my cork board as a daily reminded that we reap what we sow, what we throw out comes back............
the reminds me of the Power of Positive Thinking
( the Secret)

I must make a new vision board, no, I WILL make a vision board TODAY after school!

You all WILL have a wonderful day!

I KNOW I will  :inlove:
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Beth,

Great way to get yourself back on track.  Good for you!  :thumbsup:

There is no one external that can do that for us. We can only do that for ourselves. It is our decision (free will) to respond to the opinions (of many) and the actions and circumstances of the day.

Hope you are having a cheery day!

Julie :rose:
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

Sorry I am a day late. I have to admit I am a scale junkie *lipssealed*. I weigh once a day..... I know I shouldn't. I am going to try VERY HARD to change this habit. So tomorrow I will not weigh myself. This is my promise today. Otherwise I do really great with the foods. My daughter got married June 27th *hug*. I didn't have my favorite CHOCOLATE CAKE. And just had chicken and veggies for the dinner. I was SOOOO proud of myself. :rose:
Terri
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Terri, several of us had the scale addiction and discussed solutions previously. The suggestions included, taking the battery out of digital scales, putting standard scales in the trunk of our cars or giving it to a friend for safe keeping so we wouldn't be tempted to put the batteries in it or removing it from the trunk. It really helps to focus on the LDL woe rather than the scale, REALLY!! :thumbsup: *hug* Lynda