WOW

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
EnJae
Master Member

Re: WOW

Post by EnJae »

Hi Carla;
Welcome Crystal;

I have done VERY well this week sticking to LDL foods. I am proud of myself. And I weighed this morning: 210! I haven't been THIS close to 200#s in 15 YEARS!!!!
Last edited by EnJae on August 29th, 2007, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

NJ you are doing awesome!  I'm doing the dance of joy to celebrate with you!  ;D

As for me, my scale broke months ago which was ok because my focus had not been on losing weight.  Now I'm back to wanting to lose and since I still don't have a scale, I just use the one at Publix when I need to check it......that will probably be next Wednesday.  Stay tuned.
mrsj
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

crystal...what's a wow group?..............you're ALREADY one of us....AND ready for success...............niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

AND the butterfly flies a little further....you're doing great,nj......niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi all....

just checking in to say that i'm still going strong on LDL and so is hubby.  I have not been on the scale in a while but rings feeling looser and beige pants are fitting more loosely...my upper chest around my shoulders looks slimmer and nicer.....been really busy....eating well and plenty == all LDL foods...
i'm planning not to weigh myself any longer...i see Roger Troy NEVER gets on the scale and neither does Niki....so since they're successful,i want to follow their lead....

good luck and God's blessings to all...

margo
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

niki wrote:crystal...what's a wow group?

aha.........w.o.w...............welcome on wednesdays.....NOW i've got it.................niki
BookGuy

Post by BookGuy »

I wasn't perfect with my LDL foods this time, but about 90% on target. Lost 4 pounds, so I am happy with that. I guess I can't expect to lose a pound a day forever. Congratulations Margo & NJ!

Now that I am a Jr. Member, you can all call me Charlie instead of Charles
Last edited by BookGuy on August 29th, 2007, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Paul for President, 2008

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi charlie..........thats the reason that roger doesn't recommend weighing more often than monthly...everyone loses a really nice amount of weight in the beginning...and the more fluid someone retains, the more they'll lose initially.....but then it tapers off and when you weigh yourself weekly, you'll end up getting on the scale and sometimes see a rise from week to week and end up discouraged....tom is the one who said scales are for fish...i'm with him.............what i do is i keep a pair of pants handy and if i get up feeling thin, i try them on....i could try them on for a month and not have them feel looser....i could try them on for 6 weeks or TWO months and i won't weigh myself until they feel loose....for a man, you can use your belt as a measure....when you feel you can go in a notch, you could weigh yourself.............niki     
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Carla wrote: I figure worse case is I'll need to sit in the sauna for a long time before I weigh myself next week. Yes, I know that would only be cheating myself! Oh well. 

when i used to teach aerobics, i didn't eat breakfast before i went to the gym or i ate a piece of fruit...after working out and then giving my step class, i'd go home, strip and weigh myself and i'd be 3-4 pounds lighter than i was that morning.....in those days, i used to jump on the scale ALL THE TIME...sometimes a few times a day...when i was bad, i didn't...only when i was on track...............
  SO, i KNOW that that doesn't work......fagedaboutit......niki   
BookGuy

Post by BookGuy »

Thanks - I won't quit LDL, even if I gain sometimes. I just feel so much better.

Thanks,

Charlie

P.S. God hasn't made a cow which could produce a belt which would fit me. Yet.
Ron Paul for President, 2008

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

then go by your clothes....and wearing a belt could be a separate goal.....you know we're all rooting for you...........niki 
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

I missed Wednesday AGAIN !!!!!! And I was on the site yesterday.!!!!! Guess I'm really going from Sometimers to Altzimers !!!
Nancy in FLImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

be careful, carla, setting those kinds of goals....you can't go by me...to lose, i follow let's do lunch really strictly.....in the 10 months it took me to lose 40 pounds, i went 2 months TWICE without even losing an ounce.....average loss for women is an average of 5 pounds a month..and after i lost the weight i wanted to lose, i was eating more and more soy and found that i gained weight, then realizing that with my underactive thyroid, soy was just not for me....
  i'm not sure how much weight you want to lose, but i would say you'd be better off making goals of amount of weight without a time limit..........niki
Last edited by niki on September 5th, 2007, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Yay Carla,
You may not have met your goal BUT YOU LOST!!!! That is success in my book. I, too, have had success; I lost 1 pound this last week. I am down to 209.
NJ
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I agree...every pound lost is another pound of success. Every craving changed is a craving success. So, don't set yourself up to fail Carla...just set a realistic goal of "When I reach goal I will be______", or "I will be 100% faithful to LDL for the next 3 days". etc. We love you and want you to be successful!!
I didn't check my latest weight. Who knows...maybe this will be the year (as at the end of this month I'll have been on LDL for 1 year, so I'm thinking LDLwise) that I finally attain my goal! We'll have to wait and see!!!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Thanks! I'm working tomorrow. If you're ever in the So.CA region in summer we could plan on a camping trip. It was fun....but then again there is the 3 day rule for fish and company....after 3 days they both go BAD! I was glad our trip was only 4 day and 3 night because then we didn't get on each other's nerves too badly!! (I think)
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Carla wrote:
"...my secret goal is to surpass NJ and Margo. You two are in the same range as me and I am competitive!!!!"

Bring it on Sister! ;D
NJ
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi carla......so if i'm understanding what you're saying, you need goals...so, why not set like a 10 or 20 pound goal without time constraints?....or, if you have 75 to lose, you could set 3 goals of 25 pounds each to give yourself short term goals.....i mean, i know you think not meeting a time goal will bother you, but i KNOW it would  have bothered me....i lost 10 pounds in the first 5 weeks i was on let's do lunch...then i went 2 months without losing ANYTHING....if i set a time goal for myself, i honestly don't know if i would have continued..if i had started back to my old habits, i would have gained that 10 pounds back QUICK.............i went 2 months without weighing myself at all....i have a different method than a lot of people here...i have pants that are tight on me...when i feel thin, i put them on...if they fit differently, i weigh myself...
  i'm sorry....but, i want to see you set yourself up for success and NOT failure.......and, give you a little input......niki
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

EnJae wrote:Yay Carla,
You may not have met your goal BUT YOU LOST!!!! That is success in my book. I, too, have had success; I lost 1 pound this last week. I am down to 209.
NJ

The Queen Mum and ticker clicker checker (whatever)  WAY TO GO NJ!!  Good job.