THE BEAN QUEEN IS BACK

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
niki
Administrator

THE BEAN QUEEN IS BACK

Post by niki »

hey you guys.......THE BEAN QUEEN IS BACK IN TOWN....i opted not to reregister in february when my account was deleted and i lost access to my 2700 posts....i figured that newbies wouldn't take me seriously with like "0" posts.....but, if you want to make my aquaintance, look for my 2700 posts that are scattered throughout the cyberspace of the let's do lunch boards(they say "niki/guest")..or, just add an imaginary 2700 to whatever number of posts my name shows.....either way, i'm here to say(i rhyme...haha)i lost all the weight i wanted to lose on let's do lunch....i'm now power walking 4 miles most days on the boardwalk of jones beach(a great walk and a great escape)which is for me a WONDERFUL thing.....to understand how wonderful, look for my story on the personal success boards under the topic "my success story in progress".......i just turned 55 a few weeks ago and i have to say I FEEL GREAT.........let's do lunch changed my life....i KNOW that i was NEVER going to lose this weight ANY OTHER WAY...as far as i am concerned, there is only ONE way to lose weight AND(a very important AND)KEEP IT OFF......and that's let's do lunch......i don't know why EVERYONE doesn't jump right in to eat this way.....you eat like you're not on a diet, crave the things that are good for you and not the things that are bad for you, AND lose all the weight you want to lose....to me, it's a no brainer.....   
   uuuummmmmm, princess veronica.......i'd like to say how pleased i was when i read cruella deville's post on the boards asking if you knew how she could get rid of her warts......i was VERY happy(since i am a dog lover)that you DID NOT tell her that a thick paste of pinto beans applied as a poultice would solve that problem(especially the one on the tip of her nose)...however, i was quite perturbed to see that you DID NOT respond to peter parker's post saying his webs were not shooting out with as much force as they used to....YOU KNOW that BEANS could have resolved that for him....AND the next time i see him, i WILL advise him in my capacity as bean queen...AFTER ALL, remember that spider man IS a new yorker......
   NOW, as to this matter of the food police?....OF COURSE the name of the squad MUST be "the bean brigade"...WHAT ELSE?....AND we WILL be registering new members....please remind the queen mum that i expect BOTH of you to take your royal responsibilities more seriously FROM NOW ON....i heard through the grapevine, that joe got through  to miss mary's kitchen with a SACK full of mangos BECAUSE he brought with him to the ranch a pack of BEARS from when he went camping with the boy scouts(it was the boy scouts, wasn't it?..and bears DO travel in packs, don't they?)....NOW, delia is NOT the only one who is not laughing..........well joe?....you're going to have to make a LOT of pesto to make up for this one......brother ben will be waiting for his share at the fed ex office................
  and please allow me to clear up for everyone EXACTLY where this ranch is...................it's in SKINNYTOWN......WHERE ELSE WOULD IT BE?..........................sincerely,niki(aka..the bean queen)       
Last edited by niki on September 25th, 2007, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
EnJae
Master Member

Re: THE BEAN QUEEN IS BACK

Post by EnJae »

Whoo-Hoo!!! The Bean queen is back!!!
I've missed you Niki!

NJ
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

[quote]uuuummmmmm, princess veronica.......i'd like to say how pleased i was when i read cruella deville's post on the boards asking if you knew how she could get rid of her warts......i was VERY happy(since i am a dog lover)that you DID NOT tell her that a thick paste of pinto beans applied as a poultice would solve that problem(especially the one on the tip of her nose)...however, i was quite perturbed to see that you DID NOT respond to peter parker's post saying his webs were not shooting out with as much force as they used to....YOU KNOW that BEANS could have resolved that [quote]

????HUH??? Glad to see you back Niki!!! You've been missed. But, What was this about warts and cruella deville and Peter Parker about webs not shooting???? I missed something obviously!
Now we know that Joe hasn't been allowed anywhere NEAR Miss Mary's Kitchen except to pick up his plate of food she fixed!

Glad to hear you've lost it all and kept it off! I'm not doing as well as I could, but am gradually getting back on track!
Love ya BEAN QUEEN!!
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

LOL! Veronica; Your imagination has gotten rusty during the queen's absence. She was just bringing humor to the boards again, not quoting previous conversations...
NJ
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I like humor but when I'm tired I take things more literally!! LOL. Glad to have her humor back where it BELONGS!!!!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

niki!!!  *Hugtackles you*

It's GREAT to see you back!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by patsyfay »

I had only gotten to know the "bean queen" a little before she went on sabbatical.  Glad you are back, Niki.  You always had interesting posts and some good recipes.  Glad to hear about your success.  Welcome back.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Miss Bean Queen ~

WELCOME  BACK  TO  THE  LDL  BOARDS!!~  WE  HAVE  MISSED  YOU!!!

So glad to have you back on board with us!  So glad to hear of your success on LDL...and on keeping the pounds off!

Have certainly missed your posts...and recipes...and ideas!

Jeanne
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
CJ

Post by CJ »

WELCOME BACK!
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

YAHOO-- glad to see you here!  And you can come out and go camping with us and help me scare the bears away.  Hmm, maybe if I eat MORE BEANS and don't take the beano that would do it.  :o 
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

EnJae wrote:LOL! Veronica; Your imagination has gotten rusty during the queen's absence. She was just bringing humor to the boards again, not quoting previous conversations...
NJ

thanks,nj......i had to figure out what mary was talking about......haha........and thanks,it's nice to be back............niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Hey, we're a family again!

O.K., everybody sing:

"God save our gracious Queen,
protector of the bean,
God save the Queen"

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

YESSSSSSSSS!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Grammasuz wrote:help me scare the bears away.  Hmm, maybe if I eat MORE BEANS and don't take the beano that would do it.   :o   

THAT i would like to see..........niki
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

niki wrote:
Grammasuz wrote:help me scare the bears away.  Hmm, maybe if I eat MORE BEANS and don't take the beano that would do it.   :o   

THAT i would like to see..........niki

Then all you have to do is come JOIN US!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

let me tell you, if we were AT LEAST in the same state, i would absolutely take you up on it.....i LOVE camping....
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

*from an email sent from Debbiewebe on July 30th 2007 to Bean Queen......

"Glad to hear all is well with you.  You should think about coming back on the boards again."  along with some other things I said which I'm not at liberty to repeat!!!!!  Well God has blessed me with a miracle I say and I didnt have to wait all that long!!!!! YIPEE!!!!!!

Apparently nagging the Bean Queen works!!!!!  Let the nagging BEGIN!!!!!

I love you dear friend and I for one appreciate your return to these boards. Everyone on here has helped me in their own special unique way and you were no exception to the rule.  I feel blessed to know you and feel especially blessed that you have come home to where you are able to help others the way you have helped me. 

Let me just say although I am not following LDL at the moment...well I guess you could say I am sort of cause what I eat would fall into the catagories of legal LDL foods it is more restrictive in its quantities I know once I get where I need to be weightwise it will be LDL to which I will return to maintain my goalweight.  My body and mind just never adjusted to the eating till stuffed option.  I needed personally to work on portion controll...PERIOD!!!!  Right now I am low carb, low fat, low calorie and happy with my progress at this point.  I know everyone in here is all working towards the same goals of a happy and healthier lifestyle and supporting each others efforts and stumbles is what its all about.

I look forward to watching you inspire others from your experience as you have done me!!!
LOVE YA LOTS AND GOD BLESS
Debbie

P.S.  I love your title.....New but learning.....I think we all qualify for that title!!!!
Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning Miss Niki!!!
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on August 7th, 2007, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

debbie...you are SO funny.....you DID say that to me, didn't you?...actually, i think somewhere around that time, so did tom.......GOSH....
 you know, and portion control is what i've always hated...i RESENT not being able to eat until i'm REALLY full....i love to eat and i HATE to be hungry...THAT is the story of my life in a beanskin(nutshell...haha)....
 i've done low carbs loads of times...but, the last couple of times i did it, i didn't lose anything AND it always made me feel more tired than my usual diet of junk food...as far as my energy levels go, let's do lunch is as good as i will ever get.....NOW, i'm going to see what the combination of let's do lunch AND walking 4 miles most days does for me.
 so, do what you gotta do, kiddo...you ALWAYS know where to find me ..........love you too.........niki