LDL QUILTERS

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: LDL QUILTERS

Post by Forever Young »

[glow=red,2,300]WOW!!  YOUR  QUILT  IS  GORGEOUS!!![/glow]

Thanks for posting the photo for us all to enjoy!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Carolyn,
Its just amazing.  Great Job!!!  So fast....how long does it take to do a quilt that size?  I would like youre instructions sometime so I can start sewing together squares lol
God Bless
Debbie
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on October 26th, 2007, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Carolyn, your quilt is absolutely beautiful.  What a great gift to donate for the fundraising.
I admire the talent of all you ladies here who do quilting.
mrsj
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi Carolyn!

I love the big version of your soccer quilt.  I love the colors!  Are you going to work on your first art quilt next? 

I'm working hard on finishing hte purge of my home and the deep cleaning....when that's done (middle to end of next week, i hope), i'll begin my next series of quilts.  Actually, i'll be working on two separate series at the same time.  One will be Egyptian themed quilts, made to include ideas and things i've seen while there.  Probably will be about 10 - 12 quilts in that series.  From generous Queen size all the way down to baby size.  The other series have islamic inspired motifs....rich paisley and other prints that make me think about persian carpets, etc.  Most of the fabrics in each series will be vintage cotton.

I'll post when i get started with those projects....

God bless!
margo
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Thank you all!

I am very glad that these are done - they are by far the hardest quilts I've ever made -

And Margo - YES!!  I will be starting on an art quilt very soon - although I never see myself making anywhere close to the volume or detail that you do!  A very dear friend of ours recently became a grandfather, so the next quilt will be for his new granddaughter.  I anxiously await seeing your next series of quilts!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Great Carolyn...

Please let me know if you need any help with the new grandbaby's quilt.  I can't wait to see your first art quilt.  Did i ever send you the little instruction pamphlet?  Ohhh noo...i think that i did not.  Lord, help me remember to do this today!! Okay..i just put it on my TO DO list...it'll get done now...(sorry)

I can't wait to start on my new projects. Yipppiiieeeeee

God bless
margo
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

My sister told me tonight that she didn't sell the queen size quilt because she didn't get bids that were high enough - she said that she's going to save it for her online auction...  but get this - the baby quilt sold for $175.00!!!!!  Incredible!!

Carolyn

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

that's wonderful....i can't imagine making something that would sell for that kind of money..........niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Me either, Niki!!  Me either!  I almost fell out of my chair when she told me that!

Carolyn

snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi quilters, Do any of you ladies do foundation quilting? I like to a lot but have not actually made a quilt. I have made very small wall hangings, maybe 8 inches by 10 inches. I think it takes a lot of steps to make one but very beautiful when finished.  Just wondered.
                        Judie
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi All...

Carolyn!  Congratulations on the auction of your baby quilt!!  THat's wonderful!

Judie......What the heck is foundation quilting???

Niki...you DO produce something with your hands and mind that is extremely valuable!  You are a Registered Nurse...one of our heros, like fire fighters and police officers.  (my first husband was a nurse and i saw how much he cared for people and how hard he worked)....Also, when i was a teenager, i worked as the secretary off the 1199 Nurses Union....we organized RNs and i got to know so many of them and they are wonderful, giving people. 

God bless....

margo
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Margo I'm not sure how to explain. You start with  piece of fabric-muslin etc Then the pieces of the pattern are sewn to the backround fabric to form a picture. I guess you would need to look it up  that would explain it better. I made one of sand dunes -desert with setting sun orange colors and a black camel in the foreground. Then I made one with three crocus in a row different colors on a mint backround.  They are small 8x10 inches. I know they can be made into a large quilt I just don't remember how. When I get moved maybe I can find the book and tell you.
      Judie
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Carolyn, 
Congratulations on the great price your quilt brought at that auction.  There is an amish quilt auction held around here a couple of times a year and those quilts bring in a great amount of money for charity work.
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

margo wrote:Niki...you DO produce something with your hands and mind that is extremely valuable!  You are a Registered Nurse...one of our heros, like fire fighters and police officers.  (my first husband was a nurse and i saw how much he cared for people and how hard he worked)....Also, when i was a teenager, i worked as the secretary off the 1199 Nurses Union....we organized RNs and i got to know so many of them and they are wonderful, giving people. 

i have to tell you, margo, your words almost bring tears to my eyes..............words of appreciation are SO rarely heard in my profession...my heatfelt thanks to you..........niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Niki
      Roses hugs and kisses to you. Nursing is a tough career. My two daughters Katie and Cheryl are R.N.s. I know how hard they work. They are always on call. I never hear them complain. They do say how tired they are. Katie lives at home and Cheryl is married and a Mom. So my dear be proud to be an R.N.
                                Judie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

snowbirdie wrote:Hi Niki
      Roses hugs and kisses to you. Nursing is a tough career. My two daughters Katie and Cheryl are R.N.s. I know how hard they work. They are always on call. I never hear them complain. They do say how tired they are. Katie lives at home and Cheryl is married and a Mom. So my dear be proud to be an R.N.
                                 Judie

aaahh...that's very nice of you to say........thanks judie........niki