LDL QUILTERS

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Queenie
Administrator

Re: LDL QUILTERS

Post by Queenie »

Oh, you applique the stuff on top.... How do you keep it from fraying?  Seems even a tight zigzag stitch would show some threads... 

Yes, I will be making one right after this soccer quilt that I'm making...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi Carolyn...

i don't care, very much, for zig zag to applique stuff on the quilt top.  I used to use a simple straight stitch all around, tucking the edges under well, and go around a couple of times...but when i got my new machine...a Bernina, like a Rolls Royce of sewing machines...it had a lovely stitch that is perfect for applique....look on your machine and see if you have something where the needed goes side to side but isn't zig zag....

Enjoy! 

margo
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Ahhhh - I will look.  I probably don't have such a stitch, as I have a cheap sewing machine - have never really been able to justify (to myself) spending big bucks...  But I agree with you - I don't like the way the zig-zag stitch looks either. 

And of course you turn it under...  I have no idea where my brain was this morning...  ;D

Carolyn

robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

well carolyn at 2 am I would hope your brain was SLEEPING!!!
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi Carolyn...

But wait...you don't HAVE to turn the edges under to applique...i've been thinking for some time about not turning under and simply leaving the rough edge so that it frays...now that i was planning the rag quilt, i think i'll try some applique this way....i'm not sure how it will stand up to laundering etc....will be experimenting with those ideas...and i'll let you know how it goes.

You know, many great ideas start from "mistakes."  I guess i don't believe in mistakes really.....even what we call a mistake can be used to learn...so it definitely has value...

God bless....and happy quilting
margo
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

robnveronica wrote:well carolyn at 2 am I would hope your brain was SLEEPING!!!

huh??  Yes, at 2 a.m. I was definitely asleep!  Did my post say that I posted at 2 a.m.?  What am I missing here, V?

Update on the soccer quilt - the top is done, the backing is almost done - now to put it together!  Hopefully it'll be complete very soon!!!

Carolyn

robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Carolyn...at least for MY time zone it said you posted at 2 AM..then you asked where your brain was in the morning..so I replied I hoped it was asleep!
SEE:  Re: LDL QUILTERS
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2007, 02:28:49 AM »  
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

robnveronica wrote:Carolyn...at least for MY time zone it said you posted at 2 AM..then you asked where your brain was in the morning..so I replied I hoped it was asleep!
SEE:  Re: LDL QUILTERS
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2007, 02:28:49 AM »  

hahaha!!  Veronica - once again my brain isn't working properly - of COURSE it said that it was 02:28:49 AM on your end....  but here at my house it was  05:28:49 AM .... and I was up and just about to get ready for work!!  The difference between Eastern and Pacific time!!  LOL!!

We are so funny!

Carolyn

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Queenie wrote:hahaha!!  Veronica - once again my brain isn't working properly - of COURSE it said that it was 02:28:49 AM on your end....  but here at my house it was  05:28:49 AM .... and I was up and just about to get ready for work!!  The difference between Eastern and Pacific time!!  LOL!!
We are so funny!
Carolyn

aahhaaa...the mystery is SOLVED..........
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

see and I forgot that you were on EST! Usually I remember...that's why I don't get to chat real time w/ you guys! I'm on puter at 6 am but that's when you're already at work...and by 8 pm my time you're getting ready for bed! :( Oh well...we'll just chat from afar!! LOL
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

robnveronica wrote:...and by 8 pm my time you're getting ready for bed!

By 8 pm your time, I've usually been in bed for 1.5 to 2 hours!!  4:45 a.m. comes way too early if I don't!!

Carolyn

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hey listen...that's one of the great things about e-mailing........AND these boards, for that matter...........we can write and respond when each of us can get to it...........niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

I totally agree!

Carolyn

Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

:)  Don't you just love e-mail!  You can do it at your convenience when you have the time and when it is convenient for the other person to check their messages they can.  We can respond back and forth and no one has to stay up late...or get up early to get their messages.

I am usually heading for bed if not already in bed by 9:30 and most every night by no later than 10 P.M.  The reason is that some nights I am not able to sleep through but staying up later is not the answer for me.  My body has always required 8 hours of sleep to function at its best.  But even with going to bed at 10, I am still not getting a full 8 hours of sleep.  I usually get up anywhere from 4:30 to 5:45 and it is usually the earlier one of those.

When I was in high school I delivered the morning Chicago Tribune and Sun Times, seven days a week and I had to get up early to deliver ghem before school.  It was seven miles around my route by bicycle.  I was the first girl route carrier they had in Elkhart.

Today I will really have to be careful with my rings...they are all twisting around and so loose I will have to watch so that I don't lose one of them!  BUT...I love that feeling!  It means that my body is smaller than it was when I started LDL.  Yahoo!!!!  Even my fingers have shrunk!!!!

Forever
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Ohhh me too!  My rings are so loose that i'm not wearing mine...i found them almost to the first knuckle of my finger....dangerous!!

And my feet are also losing weight...ain't that grand??? i even need smaller shoes!

God bless!
margo
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I was the first girl route carrier they had in Elkhart.
How neat!  Kudos to you Forever Young!
Also, congratulations to you and Margo on the loose rings.......and also to Debbie, I believe she posted the same wonderful dilemma too.
mrsj
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

My rings spin - can't wait to have the same problem as Margo, Jeanne and Debbie!!

Carolyn

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Queenie wrote:My rings spin - can't wait to have the same problem as Margo, Jeanne and Debbie!!
Carolyn

and i just crawled into my crawl space with a flashlight to go into the safe i have there to get out my favorite ring that i haven't worn in YEARS........i stopped wearing it when it didn't fit me.....it's an oval saphire set with diamonds around it.....over the years, i would wear a bracelet if i got dressed up and never rings because my fingers were so swollen...add spinning rings to the list "what let's do lunch has done for me"......... 
CJ

Post by CJ »

Your ring sounds beautiful, Niki.
I have to take my ring on and off with a wash cloth (for the grip) and either soap, lotion or cream rinse. Not fun.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Carla - It will happen, I promise!

And Niki - now we ALL know where your safe is hidden!!  :o  Quick!  Time to move it!!

Carolyn