How Is everybody?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
graceface66
Master Member

How Is everybody?

Post by graceface66 »

Hi All,
          I have been watching the news.....I am addicted to Fox news channel........And I see that our folks in Florida are being threatened by T.S. Noel. Then I see that our California members are having fires and now an earthquake. I hope and pray everyone is safe.
          I thank G-d all I have to deal with are wind and snow (looked like a blizzard for about 10 minutes).

May G-d bless you all and keep you safely in the palm of His hand
                        Kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Queenie
Administrator

Re: How Is everybody?

Post by Queenie »

Well, you didn't mention my part of the world - probably because nothing weatherwise is happening here - but we did have the pilot of an FA-18 drop an inert bomb on a warehouse here in Virginia Beach the other day....  Happened on a road called London Bridge Blvd - a road that I travel EVERY day to get to and from work!!  This happened at noon so I didn't have any worries - in fact, I didn't even know about it until the news came on that evening...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Jamilet
New, but learning

Post by Jamilet »

Other than lots of rain and a little wind, life is good here in Palm Beach County, FL.
Mary, are you in Dade County?  If so, I was wondering if you speak Spanish, and if not, how do you get along without it?
Jamilet
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

:)  Everything looks heavily frosted this morning.  But the sun is starting to shine.  Temps are supposed to be in low 50's...but then it is NOVEMBER in Northern Indiana.  They put that "S" word into next weeks forecast (Judie) so...who knows.

Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and stay on board the train.  If you get sidetracked...just JUMP back on board the train.  We are heading for our destination...of...

[glow=red,2,300]S K I  N  N Y T O W N!!!  HERE  WE  COME.....[/glow]

Everyone have a great week-end!!!

:D Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Carolyn,
      Glad your safe from the bomb.  Looks like Noel is headed your way , be safe . Also looks like Niki and Margo could be in for rough weather. Sounds like a good weekend to curl up and read.
            Take care and may G-d bless you and keep you safe
                      Kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
cm in tn.

Post by cm in tn. »

Here in Tn. the sun is shining a frost this moring will get in mid 60,s and down to 35 tonite. BBBBBRRR. I don,t do cold,The leaves aren,t pretty this fall no rain.A great day to dig in the dirt if you were home lol.Have a great week end all.Stay on the train the best you can this week end.
                                        CM IN TN
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

graceface66 wrote:Also looks like Niki and Margo could be in for rough weather.

THAT'S why I'M going to the beach to walk as soon as i finish eating my popcorn...it's windy and cold, but the sun is out....niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

....piensas que es tan importante hablar espanol?....estoy estudiandolo en la escuela ahora...are you serious in saying that you need to speak spanish in parts of florida?....wow.................niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

niki wrote:....piensas que es tan importante hablar espanol?....estoy estudiandolo en la escuela ahora...are you serious in saying that you need to speak spanish in parts of florida?....wow.................niki

Here in LA, in my neighborhood, you can go out to the nearest cross streets and at times never see a billboard  in english. That does not mean to say you will be looking at any spanish either. Russian and Armenian is often the case. Our church, which was once the center of Little Italy, is now in the middle of Chinatown (and no, we didn't move the church) as LA no longer has a Little Italy.

The spanish language is spoken (first language) by the majority of LA residents (as of the late 70's) and is the dominating culture in this city.

When I was growing up in Jersey (we moved from the Bronx) we found ourselves in a one square mile town (South Amboy) almost split evenly by the Irish and the Polish, we were the token Italians. I remember as a child staring at all these fair skinned, blue eyed people..............and you never saw so many natural redheads in your life. Anyway, the Irish had opened so many bars that according to the ABC (Dept of Alcoholic Beverage Control) my little town held the crown (and may still) of most bars and liquor stores in a square mile on the eastern seaboard! The Poles opened lots of butcher shops and delis and named many of our streets. To this day I can pronounce a polish word like a native (I haven't a clue what they mean, but I can pronounce it).

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

joecaracappa wrote: Our church, which was once the center of Little Italy, is now in the middle of Chinatown (and no, we didn't move the church) as LA no longer has a Little Italy.

i wouldn't mind finding my church relocated in the middle of chinatown.....i LOVE chinese food.....
  isn't it something the way the world has changed.....spanish is big in new york now, but not in the parts i live in....my father, who still lives in the house i grew up in(flushing, queens), is the minority in his neighborhood...his neighbors are all orientals...korean or chinese.....there are parts of queens that are strictly hispanic...and parts that are other minorities........but, like you said, it's not really different than when we were kids......it's just that they were DIFFERENT minorities........and actually, my brother just transfered back to corona where he used to work years ago(he works for the dept of parks)so i'm looking forward to going there to an ethnic spot for food....i LOVE ethnic food....it makes eating SO much more fun.......niki