raisins??

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
christianjoy
New, but learning

raisins??

Post by christianjoy »

i know raisins are ok if they are JUST raisins - no sugar, but is there a limit? i just tried them the other day at a salad bar and cant believe i like them, i have never liked them before althou i love prunes, funny, its like i just have healthier taste buds now  :P.  i got a big bag of raisins and a bag of soynuts, mixed them together then made individual snack sized bags so i can grab one anytime. great to have in my purse for ball games and such. just wondering if there was a limit?
Last edited by christianjoy on November 18th, 2007, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... let it shin[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQpKD0R/]
e, let it shine, let it shine.
niki
Administrator

Re: raisins??

Post by niki »

christianjoy wrote:i know raisins are ok if they are JUST raisins......just wondering if there was a limit?

after i'd been on let's do lunch really strictly and was halfway to the weight i wanted to lose,i decided to add raisins to my roasted chick peas and i added soy.......i started losing even slower than before and there came a time that i was STRICTLY on and not losing at all...and i mean 3-4 months.....so i went down a couple of pounds after that time and waited another few months where i knew i wasn't losing..it was a total of about SIX months STRICTLY on let's do lunch..and when i say that, i mean really strictly....i NEVER had occasional foods.....i found i GAINED weight.....i cut out the soy(i have an underactive thyroid)AND the raisins.............
  so, be careful that you don't do what i did...i used to leave enough room for my raisins and chick peas......and i DIDN'T even eat a lot of them...........niki   
Last edited by niki on November 20th, 2007, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
christianjoy
New, but learning

Post by christianjoy »

oh niki, im getting so discouraged. i havent lost a pound since july and i am getting tired. i know i cant go back to my old life, im scared to death that i would have to go back on the antidepressants if i do but even worse than that --- i cant stand the thought of GAINING back the 33 i have lost.i honestly am eating only ldl foods but obviously too much of them. this is the first time in 13 months that i have felt down and im not liking it. i believe in my heart that ldl is the right thing to be doing, i am not blaming ldl at all im blaming ME. i ordered the recipe cards today, maybe if i find new things to try i will get out of my rut and start losing again. thanks for your time. sorry to sound so negative, i hope i dont discourage anybody else, as i said i really do think this is a good program and i have had alot of positive changes in the last 13 months, iam greatful for that.
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

good morning..

i know what you are feeling about maybe eating too much ldl foods, but as i understand it, you really can't do that.  a problem i have -- perhaps you do also is that i probably snack more than is necessary.  i might have an apple or banana when i'm really not very hungry...maybe just want something in my mouth -- or something sweet.  this might frustrate weight loss..

it's hard not to concentrate and focus on weight loss as a barometer of our 'success' but i don't think that this is the only way to measure success...my husband went from april -- let's say may until october before he began losing weight...that's 5-6 months...and he was getting discouraged, except we both noticed that even when we were not losing -- we were staying exactly at the same weight no matter how much ldl foods we were eating.  so we knew we had come across the secret of weight maintenance (a great secret in and of itself).  For weight loss, it seems to be that you just have to keep going...over time you will lose weight.

please don't give up and don't forget to pray and ask God to help! 

God bless.
margo
christianjoy
New, but learning

Post by christianjoy »

margo, thanks and good morning to you too. i posted my pitiful sob story late last night (i get weepy when im tired) :-\ i should have just went to bed.
anyway you are right, im sure i snack way to much. i think   "well its good food, it cant hurt me."      soooooo today is a new day and i am determined to start it off right! thank you very much!! have a great day and God bless ya.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

christianjoy wrote:oh niki, im getting so discouraged. i havent lost a pound since july and i am getting tired.

but, you haven't been on let's do lunch since july...
  you have to make vats of bean soup and eat loads of fruit....eat big meals....when i first went on let's do lunch(and when i go back on after being off)i'd eat a big salad(including olives, artichoke hearts, marinated mushrooms), a BIG bowl of bean soup and protein....i'm STUFFED after that and it's HOURS before i can even LOOK at food again..........niki
Last edited by niki on November 20th, 2007, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
christianjoy
New, but learning

Post by christianjoy »

niki, why do you say i havent been on ldl since july? i have. in fact i have been on sine oct 29 2006. i do eat tons of fresh fruit, frozen fruit, canned pineapple and applesauce ALL unsweetened. i HAVE lost the cravings -- i have went to pizza hut many times in the last 13 months and watch my husband and 2 teen boys devour large supreme pan pizzas and cheesy breadsticks all while being happy for them AND happy with my 2 salads (with no breadcrumbs or cheese or sunflower seeds or potato salad or mac salad....)
im happy with the program i just want to lose more wieght!

forget my sob story from last night, i just need to be more patient and quit snacking so much, even thu the snacks are ldl foods like bannanas, raisins, boiled eggs, popcorn and such
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

christianjoy wrote:niki, why do you say i havent been on ldl since july?
forget my sob story from last night, i just need to be more patient and quit snacking so much, even thu the snacks are ldl foods like bannanas, raisins, boiled eggs, popcorn and such

i had you confused with someone else...disregard what i said.....follow your own advice and cut down on the snacks....eat bigger meals so that you'll cut down on your desire to snack......i definitely wouldn't add raisins......and if i were you, i would eat eggs as the protein that you eat once a day.....don't snack on fruit..if snacking on acceptable foods was what you were doing, you weren't giving your body a chance to stabilize your blood sugars before you ate again.......are you eating a lot of beans?
   i also didn't remember that YOU are the one who battled bulemia.....that alone with NO weight loss is more of an accomplishment than anything i've done................sincerely,niki
Last edited by niki on November 20th, 2007, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.