the misto

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
niki
Administrator

the misto

Post by niki »

last year when the subject of mistos came up, i went out to look for one.....i couldn't find a misto at linens n things where i was told someone had bought one, but i found a cheap imitation at the supermarket so i bought it.....it wasn't that long after, that the oil started dribbling out...i cleaned it...it still dribbled.....i was at linen n things the other day and SAW mistos and bought one...when i got it home, it looked JUST like the cheap imitation that didn't work....the instructions for the misto say that you have to clean it every couple of months by filling it with soapy water and spraying it through the sprayer....so, i got the cheap imitation out and did that...it sprayed the soapy water out with NO problem...i put oil in it and it dribbled out....
   i e-mailed carolyn because i had thought that she was the one who told me you could get them in linen n things, but she told me HERS dribbles too(although it's NOT a misto but ALSO a cheap imitation)and suggested that i post something here to get some input......
   SO, my question is, does anyone here have a misto AND does it work right or does it dribble too?................niki     
Last edited by niki on December 15th, 2007, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
margo
Master Member

Re: the misto

Post by margo »

Hi Niki!!

Nah...i don't have one but i was looking for one...what i have is a spray bottle and i use that for the olive oil (about 8 -10 spritzes = tea spoon)...so maybe that's why i'm not losing so fast?  love my EEOO and sea salt popcorn!

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
God bless.
margo
Jamilet
New, but learning

Post by Jamilet »

Hello Everyone,

I do have a Misto that I've had a couple of years as well as the Pampered Chef version that my friend gave me as a gift.  The Pampered Chef version does work better for the following reasons:
1.  You can see through it, so it's easier to avoid over filling it ( I haven't yet).  When you over fill the Misto, it leaks.
2.  You don not have to pump it as much to get it to spray.  The Misto does dribble if it isn't pumped a lot.
3.  It sprays a finer mist than the Misto.

For information or to find a rep. in your area go to www.pamperedchef.com or telephone 1-888-OUR-CHEF.

Love you, Niki.  It's nice to be able to answer a question for you for a change.

God Bless,

Jamilet
Last edited by Jamilet on December 15th, 2007, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamilet
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Well, I figured that I would post this here rather than email Niki back.  I told her that I used to have an expensive one, but didn't know if it was a Misto or not.  I dug it out last night and it IS a Misto.  The reason that I put it away all those years ago was because it stopped spraying and the oil just came out in a stream. 

Today I took it out of the cabinet, dumped what was in it and washed it out with hot soapy water.  Then I sprayed it - voila!  a beautful spray!  So I filled it with oil and it did the same.  And after about the third time, the oil came out in a steady stream. 

I was really disappointed until I read what Jamilet said about not filling it very full, so I just went out and dumped all but about 1/3 of the oil out.  Guess what?  It sprays! 

I'll keep you informed...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

margo.....YOU are doing great.....let me tell you, i put a NICE amount of olive oil on my popcorn.....i mean, what's the point of putting it on if i don't taste it?.......when you were fasting and you were afraid you were losing too fast, it was just the weight's time to come off....ESPECIALLY women....i think that that's the way a lot of women lose weight....either that or i'm a freak..........women(ESPECIALLY as they get older)retain WAY more fluid than men do...so when you eat differently and stop eating all the garbage you used to eat, your body rebels and tries to hold onto the fluid for a WHILE....but EVENTUALLY, it HAS to give it up........
  you're doing great......the only thing YOU have to be careful of is not to eat too close to bedtime...............niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Jamilet wrote:Love you, Niki.  It's nice to be able to answer a question for you for a change.

you're a doll........thanks for the info..........i only paid $8 for the misto so maybe i'll use that for a while(i'll be careful not to overfill it and pump it well, giving my biceps a little workout) and more than likely if i keep my ears open, i'll hear about someone having a pampered chef party......................niki