I'm new to LDL and thanking Roger!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
waquin

I'm new to LDL and thanking Roger!

Post by waquin »

Hi,
I'm "waquin" and am new today to LDL. What a wonderful website! God bless you Roger!
I saw you and your wife on Christian TV this morning and you gave your website out.
I believe God led me to your website through TV this morning.
I've spent the better part of two hours on this website.
I will have to order your book tomorrow, but am finding great recipes to get started.
I had a TSH panel done for underactive thyroid on Monday and will know the results next week.
I have gained over 20# since last August, after having pneumonia.
I know that doesn't sound like much to some people, but I'm 5'4" and weigh 152# today.
I have gone up from size 12 to size 16.
I know I can lose this excess weight following your plan, as beans (any kind) are my favorite food. Your refried beans/eggs recipe for breakfast sounds awesome. Can't wait to try it tomorrow morning. Hopefully, that combination will help me with my carb cravings.
I have a profound weakness for bread and potatoes.
No sugar cravings, don't really care for sweets.
Here is a recipe I want you to check out to see if it's acceptable for LDL.

Cinnamon is more than just a simple spice. It has the ability to control hunger, zip up your metabolism a bit and helps diabetics process insulin more efficiently. Research has shown that cinnamon can cut blood sugar levels by as much as 20 to 30 percent. Further, it has a natural appetite suppressant quality and may help increase your body’s production of muscle mass. Do you love that? But wait there’s more…cinnamon may help lower your cholesterol levels anywhere from 10 to 30%.
Is that cool or what? But here’s the kicker—cinnamon can also help tame your sugar cravings! Now whaddaya say we get some cinnamon going for breakfast this week? Here’s a recipe that will get you started using cinnamon without the sugar:

Chicken Tandoori
Serves 4
1 (6 ounce) container  no-fat plain yogurt
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons paprika
8 chicken legs (skinless)
spray oil (olive oil spray is best)
In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt with all the spices - sea salt through paprika. Set aside.
Place the chicken in a large, resealable plastic bag. Pour the seasoned yogurt mixture over the top, using a spatula to get all of it out of the bowl. Remove as much air as possible from the bag and seal it up. Place in the fridge and marinate overnight.
Preheat your outdoor grill to about a medium heat.
Remove chicken from bag, removing the marinade. Spray the chicken with the oil spray to prevent sticking on the grill.
Cook the chicken on the grill, turning every 2 minutes or so or until nicely browned on all sides. Turn down the heat on the grill to low and continue cooking (still turning every 2-3 minutes) till chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!
Nutritional data: Per Serving: 192 Calories; 11g Fat; 18g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 62mg Cholesterol; 546mg Sodium.
I know this is a LONG post, but hopefully I will be successful.
Thank you,
Love in Christ,
waquin

:)
This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice in it and be glad.
Psalm 118:24
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: I'm new to LDL and thanking Roger!

Post by patsyfay »

Welcome, Waquin!!
It sounds like you will fit right in with the rest of us.  And I know the Bean Queen will be delighted to hear that beans are your favorite food!!  The recipe looks wonderful.  I know that dairy isn't a regular part of Let's Do Lunch, but there are some recipes (in the book) that have dairy in them. I'm sure Miss Mary will be able to tell you. Six ounces of plain no-fat yogurt divided between four people probably won't present much of a problem, but you are just getting started, so you may want to wait.  I know those that are more in the "know" than I am will be able to help out.  We're so glad to have you aboard.  My name is Pat, and I've lost 57 pounds on LDL.  Praise the Lord!!!!  God bless you as you continue on this wonderful way of life.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

niki
Administrator

Re: I'm new to LDL and thanking Roger!

Post by niki »

waquin wrote:I know I can lose this excess weight following your plan, as beans (any kind) are my favorite food.

MUSIC to my ears, waquin......you are destined for success...the most important food for me is beans.....THAT is what has made the difference for me.....they stabilize your blood sugars...they make you feel full...the soluble fiber lowers your cholesterol.......
  and i take cinnamon also...i've read wonderful things about it and if i go off let's do lunch for a reason, i particularly use cinnamon to help me back on....
  i KNOW you will succeed and that there IS a blessing for YOU here.....stay on these boards...if you look through old posts, you'll find answers to most of your questions and questions you hadn't thought of......AND stick around to share your success with everyone so that you, in turn, can encourage others......
            welcome.................sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..