Re: New To Our Boards?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Betty8450

Post by Betty8450 »

Roger,
Thank you for the welcome.  I have been on the diet for 3 weeks and have lost 9 lbs so far.  My friend has decided to join me and she has lost 3.  She is so happy!  We both agree that this is the greatest "no diet" diet we have been on!

Bless you Roger,

Betty and Kate
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Hooray Betty and Kate!!! Be sure to come back to the boards often even just to "Chat". We have lots of fun around here and it sure helps to know someone else has been there where you are! OR that they are going through the same things at this time!!
veropaga
New, but learning

Post by veropaga »

I am new to the program and the board, I have a question, if you can eat corn and vegetables, can you have grits in the morning and quinoa flour or flakes?
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hola Vero;
Yo soy EnJae de Texas.

I don't KNOW whether or not you speak Spanish; just took a guess because of your name. Please forgive me if I am incorrect.
Welcome to "Let's Do Lunch"tm. I have been here about a year and a half. And with inconsistent food choices I have still lost 56#.

A few months ago, I felt that since corn was allowed then grits and corn chips should be acceptable, too. But I tested my theory by eating grits for breakfast and by eating chips & salsa as a daily snack.
I found that my weight-loss stopped completely, even though everything else I ate was LDL approved. If I remember correctly I think I may have gained a few pounds near the end of my experiment.

Anyway, I decided to stop eating grits at all and to only eat chips occasionally. (I have not had quinoa flour, so about that I have no opinion.)

Roger Troy has the first and final 'say' here about what is good for us. But we each have to take this way of eating and make it our own.

May God bless your journey with us.
NJ
(I am not fluent in Spanish, I just had kind friends that taught me a bit.)
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote: If it were me, I would stick with the acceptable cereals with cut-up fruit on top, acceptable crispbreads, original corn thins, popcorn-flour pancakes with pureed fruit on top, ground-chicken sausage, butter-bean potato cakes, eggs on top of heated fat-free refried beans and fruit smoothies...all for breakfast.

hello veropaga..........it's very nice to have you here...welcome.....i would just like to go on record here and say that these are all suggestions for possible variety when needed.....i have been on let's do lunch for almost 2 years and i STILL eat only fruit for breakfast and i never get tired of it....i've NEVER had a smoothie because i LIKE the taste of the different fruits.....i never snack on fruit...i make a meal out of it.......eat until full at meals to cut down on the snacking(which roger tells us to avoid)...even snacking too much on allowable foods can keep you from reaching that point of NO cravings and NO hunger..........my LAST piece of advice is EAT BEANS............in my humble opinion, NOTHING stabilizes blood sugar levels the way BEANS do............i attribute the beans i eat as the single food which has helped me GET on track and STAY on track..........
   i wish you success.............sincerely,niki 

life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

WELCOME to Let's Do Lunchtm and the lunch boards, VEROPAGA!

Glad you found us!  We have a great time on the boards.  This is the greatest eating plan I have ever found!  I do NOT KNOW of any other plan where you get to eat until you are FULL...and you still LOSE weight!  A dream come true for most of us!

Try doing the plan just as Roger has it outlined and see if you can adjust your life style to it.  If not, then you can make the adjustments that you think are necessary for you...sometimes you might find that your ideas won't work for the weight loss you want to achieve.

Read the book (the "diet" portion) at least three times through to absorb all the information contained therein.  I occasionally would reread it just because I found it so interesting.  Since this concept is so different from any other I've encountered, it took me a few times to catch on to this plan.

In the mean time, keep on keeping on...on LDL...and stay on board the train...heading...for...S K I N N Y T O W N!!!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
iluvsoup

Post by iluvsoup »

Hello everyone,
I am new to the boards, however I have been lurking around gathering recipes and reading posts for a while now.  Thanks so much for all the recipes!  They are REALLY good, the ones I've tried. 
I ordered the book after someone at church lost a lot of weight on LDL.  I have always said I could live on soup, I like it so much, and now I practically am. I was diagnosed Type 2 diabetic last year, and it really upset me because I had been trying to get healthy before it got me since it runs in my family.  But I guess I should have started sooner.  Anyway, I have been trying to lose weight and eat healthy but couldn't seem to stick with anything until now.  I think I have been doing LDL for about six weeks and I have lost 16 lbs.  I lost ten before starting LDL from my initial diagnosis.  But it kept flucuating.  I feel that its off to stay now.  I really enjoy the soups and I have learned to love beans (did you hear that Niki?)  ;)
In fact, I make a really good butter bean soup I will have to post for you all that I really love.
When I go to the Dr next, I'll let you know how my numbers are, I bet they will be better, cuz I feel better.
Oh, and I am a Mom of three boys and have six beautiful grandkids. 
Anyway, thanks to you all, and Roger for your great recipes, ideas and the support you give each other. 
iluvsoup

Post by iluvsoup »

Thanks so much, Mary.  And thanks for all your wonderful recipes.  That is so great of you to take the time to invent and share recipes with everyone.  I really like your butternut leek soup.  I cook up different soups and freeze them in containers, I can just take out when I don't have time to make fresh.  They are great to take to work too.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

WELCOME  TO  Let's Do Lunchtm, Iluvsoup!

Yes indeed...you will find this program to be the greatest thing to stabilize your blood sugars.  When I was also diagnosed with Type 2 in August/Sept 2006, I had already suspected it.  It also runs in my family...generational curse thing.  Anyway, I knew there were some symptoms that I recognized from my Dad's earlier life...so I was hunting for something to do to counteract them.  I found LDL with the Lord's help.

My doctor originally told me that I could NOT do this plan and would NOT listen to what I was trying to tell me.  SO, he sent me to a dietician.  I went, and she asked me what I was eating and when I told her what my normal daily food intake was, she was astounded that I was only eating about 1300 calories a day.

Now doc is pleased with all my numbers...weight loss, total cholesterol, LDL and HDL cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar numbers, A1C readings, just everything.  He says he has a bunch of patients that need to be on this to help them too......  I have a post on the medical success stories if you want to read it.

Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and STAY on the train...don't let anyone have your seat...we will keep adding more train cars as we need them...we are headed to...victory...and...

[glow=red,2,300]S K I N N Y T O W N!!![/glow]

If I can answer any questions, please feel free to PM me...and you may also post them on the board.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

iluvsoup wrote: I really enjoy the soups and I have learned to love beans (did you hear that Niki?)  ;)

hey iluvsoup..........YOU are absolutely in the right place, you like all the right things and let's do lunch is going to make you FORGET you're a diabetic..........just imagine that YOU and I are going to continue to eat exactly the same way, but i'm not a diabetic and you are....that's the beauty of it all....you're going to lose all the weight you want to lose, make your diabetes almost nonexistant and eat delicious foods without ever feeling like you're on a diet...there's NOTHING like it....
   glad you've stopped lurking and come out of the closet...stick around(and be sure to post your favorite bean soup recipe)....i have been SO blessed by this wonderful way of eating and there IS a blessing here for YOU too.........in Him,niki(iluvsouptoo)
Last edited by niki on December 6th, 2007, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
gail

Post by gail »

I too, am new to this LDL. I purchased the book and read it through. I have tried every diet and exercise on the planet. Nothing has worked, but I was really hopeful that this would. I stayed on the diet for a week and lost 8 pounds. I thought, "This is really going to work!" The next day, all the weight was back. Talk about plummeting! I haven't had the incentive to go back on. What's the use?
Race Fan

Post by Race Fan »

Hi Gail,

PLEASE try again!  I know you can do it!

I too have tried every diet you can imagine ... if I was lucky enough to lose weight, I would just gain it back with more.

I started LDL on 11/11/06 and have lost 75 pounds since that date.  I have more energy and my whole life has changed.  I'm still 5 pounds from the goal weight my Dr. set but I never think about what the scale says.  I can go up or down 5 pounds in one day ... gotta love that water retention. 

Please try it for a month ... what have you got to lose?  No portion control, no calories to count, just eat until you are full with all of your wonderful choices in the book.  And do not forget the wonderful recipes in the book and here on the message boards.  If you like Mexican food, try the Taco Soup.  I serve it to my friends at the race track and no one knows it is my "special food" ... they love it too!

Best wishes, Gail, for a happy and healthy life.

Hugs,

Dawn

BassLady

Post by BassLady »

Hi everyone! I am a newbie and am ready to introduce myself.  I had made a couple of posts under the discussion about beans and I have been reading the messages and I just got my book yesterday.  Of course I haven't had time to read it all yet, but between a quick glance through the book and reading a lot of the posts I decided I could get started and be working on it the best I could while reading the book through.

I go by BassLady because I play standup bass with a bluegrass band that includes some friends and my brother and his wife.  My brother is an awesome banjo player. Plus he can play any instrument extremely well, but his love is the banjo.

Well, on to more personal matters.  I am 53 years old, would like to lose at least 100 lbs, but ideally maybe 125.  I have struggled with my weight ever since I was 14.  I did have a couple of periods of time in my life when I was in my 20s that I was the right weight.  But the majority of my life has been an obese life.  I have tried every diet under the sun, bought every book known to man (I could open my own weight loss book store).  I did Atkins for awhile and that was the most success I had had but, of course, I'm sure most of you have tried that too and who wants to eat like that forever! I have 4 grown children and 7 grandchildren. So my biggest hurdle is that someone is always wanting to eat out or there is a family dinner..............yada, yada, yada.  My biggest addiction is diet Pepsi.  I probably went 20 years without taking a drop of water but have in the last 10 years been able to cut back to Pepsi at meal time only and drink water in between meals. I have quit Pepsi 2 times and both times I managed to leave it alone for 3 months, but then I couldn't stand it any longer and "fell off the wagon" both times.  As stated in my other post, I don't like teas of any kind, I don't like fruity drinks very well, so it has been difficult to find a replacement drink.  And water just isn't very fun with some foods.  Sugar and sweets are not my addiction/obsession. But I am a scale fanatic (only in the mornings) too.  So that will be a tough habit to break.

Like I just mentioned..I did start this morning with the knowledge I have.  For breakfast I had the apple pie smoothie.  That is one awesome smoothie (and I don't care much for smoothies). I took a bag of microwave popcorn to work and have been working on that all day.  I drank one 12 oz can of Campbell's tomato juice.  Lunch was a grilled boneless, skinless breast and some pinto beans, a few cooked carrots, a little cooked cabbage.  I did have my diet pepsi for lunch but not breakfast.  Maybe I can curb the diet  pepsi a little each day and replace it with smoothies until I don't crave the diet pepsi any more. My plan for the evening meal is to have beans, corn, maybe a salad, and watermelon.  How does this all sound for my first day?  Am looking forward to developing new friendships via the internet and LDL.

By the way, I am from NW Arkansas and I am a bookkeeper/office manager for a local church.
Last edited by BassLady on April 24th, 2008, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Race Fan

Post by Race Fan »

Welcome Basslady!

Glad you jumped on board the train to skinny town!

I too have tried every diet you can imagine and struggled my whole life with my weight ... if I was lucky enough to lose weight, I would just gain it back with more.  I am 51 and started LDL on 11/11/06 and have lost 75 pounds since that date.  I have more energy and my whole life has changed.  I'm still 5 pounds from the goal weight my Dr. set but I never think about what the scale says.  I can go up or down 5 pounds in one day ... gotta love that water retention.

If you ever need any help, there are so many WONDERFUL people here to give you support and assistance.

Let me know how you do with the Pepsi ... I have that same problem with Diet Dr. Pepper ... just cannot bring myself to give it up.

First day looks good to me ... I'm no expert, but happy to help if I can. 

Welcome again and I look forward to reading about your progress. 

Hugs,

Dawn  ;D