Re: New To Our Boards?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

Hi,
My name is Deloris Nealy and I am new to Let's Do Lunch Community. I was looking at the Author & his wife on TV and was very interested in obtaining the book. So I went on line yesterday and register  & purchase the book. I can't wait to get started.  I retired last year from Verizon in NJ and move to a small town in FL. I need to lose weight and this seem like a good plan.

Deloris :o
niki

Post by niki »

hi deloris.......you're going to love this program..while you're waiting for your book,you can check out the boards and and gather loads of info to get you started....
  i remind people all the time that you need to really eat until full and NOT like you're on a diet....especially for the first few days you need to REALLY make sure you're NEVER hungry...
  if you have any questions,feel free to ask.........
  welcome to our boards as you begin this wonderful program and begin to shrink..........niki
Suezq

Post by Suezq »

Deloris wrote:Hi,
My name is Deloris Nealy and I am new to Let's Do Lunch Community. I was looking at the Author & his wife on TV and was very interested in obtaining the book. So I went on line yesterday and register  & purchase the book. I can't wait to get started.  I retired last year from Verizon in NJ and move to a small town in FL. I need to lose weight and this seem like a good plan.

Deloris :o
Hi Deloris, My name is Suzanne and I am new, too.  I just started this week, I love the program and I am rarely ever hungry.  I have been eating lots of fruit this summer and I think thats why it has been easier.  God's blessings to you as you take off your weight.
Suzanne B-G
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.
niki

Post by niki »

hi suzanne..i love when people tell me they're already on the program and they're already not hungry.....that's great....just make sure to keep eating until you're full and keep snacks handy(especially in the beginning)......
  now check out the bean soup recipes and THEN we'll talk..........beans soups are my obcession....they're delicious and make me feel full and satisfied....in fact,i've been eating things like chilli with beans in them and cold salads which are just not enough for me to be happy....i'm going to a friend's barbeque tomorrow so i won't be home...but tommorow night when i get home,i'm going to soak a couple of pounds of cannelini beans and make a BIG pot on sunday of fasoulada(greek bean soup...recipe posted).......if you don't like beans,there are loads of pureed bean soup recipes and you could also try lentil soup(or in the beginning concentrate on corn and peas).................
  happy eating as you receive the blessing we have all received from the Lord with this wonderful plan of eating...............................sincerely,niki 
brenda c

Post by brenda c »

I am not only new to the board, but new to the program.  Actually I haven't even gotten started yet.  ;D, but I just finished your book, and want to get somemore smoothie recipes lined up before I actually start the diet in full.  Where can I get recipes?  I thought we were suppose to stay away from yogurt, and I thought yogurt was the base for smoothies?  Maybe I just need to go back and read the book again!  Help, and thanks again, I really think this is one way of eating that I will be able to stick too, (or at least close to)!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Welcome, Brenda!

If you go to the "search" button at the top of the page, you can put "Smoothie" in and a bunch of recipes will pop up.

I don't use recipes - I put some frozen mixed fruit, frozen strawberries, a banana, and if I have it, some canned pineapple (in it's own juice) -  and then pour in either OJ or Apple Juice and blend it in the blender - if it's too thick, I put a little more juice in... they turn out differently every time, but they're ALWAYS good!  Just experiment - you'll see!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

hi brenda....welcome to our boards..this is a wonderful program of eating that has changed my life..and it has the potential to do that for ANYONE..
 you WILL be able to stick to this if you follow the program the way you're supposed to....EAT UNTIL FULL and NEVER let yourself be hungry...keep snacks handy..with the absence of sugars/grains/nuts/seeds,your blood sugars stabilize and the cravings are GONE....not only cravings...that insatiable hunger.........the sweetest fruit and the beans really maintain those stable blood sugars and the fiber really fills you up and keeps you that way...
 the ingenuity of this program is it's simplicity...eating until full of all the food groups..no longer craving the foods you thought you couldn't live without....in it's simplicity,it is brilliant..that's because GOD is the originator....roger was listening to Him as He showed roger how to eat to save his life......and roger(because he loves the Lord)opted to share what he learned and applied...i thank God for that....for him and for mary simmons who became a string bean and STILL works to invent new recipes and is VERY active on the boards...and SO MANY more people.............
 so just do it...........if you have any questions?....ASK....we're here for you......sincerely,niki
Last edited by niki on September 16th, 2006, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaf6818

Post by Jaf6818 »

Hi
I am new to LDL...actually so new, that i am still waiting on my book to arrive.  For that reason I am not sure if I should try to do this with just the info here, or wait until I get th book, and READ IT 3 TIMES......

what do you think?

I am a wife, mom and grandmother.  I have 3 sons, our oldest is married, has a lovely wife, and little 9month old cadence,  our second works for county as dispatcher, and our youngest just learned he will be going to Iraq, which makes me very sad. 

I am quite sure it is time to take control of my body and hope to lose 40 pounds.

Have a great day.
jaf
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

jaf;

Welcome to "Lets Do Lunch"tm! Yes, go ahead and start before your book comes.
The plan for beginners is to eat as much as you want, whenever you want of the LDL allowable foods. There are SO MANY choices. You'll never have to diet again.
For breakfast, have all the fruit you want; I eat an orange, an apple, some grapes and a banana. There are some good smoothie recipes too. If you feel you need protien go ahead and cook up an egg.
Snack on fruit, popcorn, beans; whatever you are hungry for.
For lunch I suggest some lean meat (I eat a different kind everyday: fish, chicken breast, lean beef, lean pork, turkey breast...), fresh, steamed or canned vegetables, beans and salad with the dressing on the side.
For supper another fruit smoothie or more fruit. If you are still hungry, something filling like bean soup, popcorn...

Be sure to check the ingredients of anything you eat and make sure it has no sugar, grains or potatoes.

Enjoy!
NJ
niki

Post by niki »

good advice,nj....jaf..welcome to our boards...there's loads of info..ask any questions....we're here to help each other...and we'd like to help you...while i was waiting for the book,i stopped the sugars and the junk foods..i read the book through the day i got it and started 2 days later...once i was on it for a month or two, i read it a second time....and then a third time.........this program of eating has changed my life..............it can and it WILL do that for you.....................
  please tell us the name of your son...there are a lot of people here who love the Lord(me included)and we would be honored to pray for him..the fervent prayers of a rightous man(or woman)availeth MUCH......i'll give his name to my father as well....my father prayed for months for my friend's son who was a soldier in iraq...he came home 6 months before he was supposed to and didn't have to go back.............sincerely,niki     
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Hello.  It's been my pleasure to find Roger and the LDL community here.  This summer I saw Roger and his wife on a TV program called homekeepers on CTN.  I don't remember what recipe was made on that show but I thought it looked and sounded so good.  Let's Do Lunch is carried by our library and I put myself on the waiting list.  My waiting is over and as I'm studying the program I'm jumping in and learning as I go. The recipes on the message boards have been a big help in getting me started plus I absolutely love the frozen grapes.  I'm even freezing slices of bananas now!  I look forward to this adventure.  God bless!  Julie D
niki

Post by niki »

hi julie...it's wonderful to have you here on the boards...so glad you've found let's do lunch.....eating this way has changed my life....be sure to eat until full and never allow yourself to be hungry.......with the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds,your blood sugars stabilize and the cravings are gone...beans and fruit maintain that and keep you full and satisfied....i wish you success...niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Roger,

I know it's been said over and over and over again, but you are a wonderful man.  Thank you for being here on these boards with us, lending us support and giving us helpful suggestions.  You are such a generous man and I know I speak for most, if not all of us here.

Your Friend,
Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Wow, I am truly touched at your generous offer Roger.  I am sending you an email.  Thanks so much.

Hi Niki!  Thanks for the good wishes.  I know I've already had help from the message boards.............the recipes have been very helpful. 
I'll try to post my results with what I've tried, but I'm guessing I should post it other than here.  I will appreciate the help as I navigate the message boards and the LDL way to enjoy eating.  ~~Julie D~~
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

I guess this needs repeating  ;D

I have been very bad about welcoming all the new lucky individuals who have been guided to Let’s Do Lunch. – So WELCOME to the family !!

The LDL board is a great resource to help you lose weight, while you gain lots of friends !! You are among the kindred !!

Welcome again !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Betty8450

Post by Betty8450 »

Hello,
I just got my book and started the diet. I hope that I will have as much success as all of you. The food sounds wonderful and easy to prepare. I have been on so many diets that I don't know what to eat anymore....lol

Betty