artificial sweeteners

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
christianjoy
New, but learning

artificial sweeteners

Post by christianjoy »

what does everyone think of Splenda or the cheaper version Altern? i use 1/3 of a cup per gallon of tea and i drink about that much a day, too much?
... let it shin[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQpKD0R/]
e, let it shine, let it shine.
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: artificial sweeteners

Post by patsyfay »

I've experienced a couple of things when having too much artificial sweetner.  One is lightheadedness and the other is cravings.  I've found that too much sugar-free chewing gum or soda can give me lots of cravings.  Too much also makes me lightheaded.  I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but for what its worth, that my two cents.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Tori
Administrator

Post by Tori »

I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners altogether. I would rather sweeten things with pure fruit juices. (pineapple juice is wonderful for it!)

As for how much you can have, I really don't know. Sorry I couldn't have been more help!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

christianjoy wrote:what does everyone think of Splenda or the cheaper version Altern? i use 1/3 of a cup per gallon of tea and i drink about that much a day, too much?

you drink a gallon of iced tea a day?...wow..........that is WAY too much artifical sweetener...i would REALLY suggest that you switch part of that to water(as much as possible)...why don't you try what i used to do?.....an ice cold pitcher of water with a lime squeezed in.....or,if you really need to drink iced tea with splenda in it, try drinking water in btw and only drink iced tea with your meals..... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
christianjoy
New, but learning

Post by christianjoy »

great advice. i think in my heart of hearts that it is bad for you, because it is not natural. but i was just hoping everyone would tell me its ok. ;)
... let it shin[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQpKD0R/]
e, let it shine, let it shine.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I can only tell you I'm in your corner. I use Altern (generic Splenda) but I only use about 1/8 cup per gallon (if that!) and I also can drink about 1 gallon a day in hot weather.
And before Ms. Niki comes at me with  :scyth: guy...I drink water occasionally but can't stand it unless it's super super super cold. And even then try to put flavor in it...don't work for me. ...just don't like water! And since most of my tea is decaf I'm fine. Even my doc said I'm getting plenty of water this way.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

robnveronica wrote:And before Ms. Niki comes at me with  :scyth: guy.

:scyth: :scyth: :scyth: :scyth: :scyth: :scyth: :scyth:
YOU FEAR THE WRATH OF THE BEAN QUEEN???

haha...just kidding......you're absolutely right, veronica...if you're not able to drink water, then what you're doing is just right....the thing is that you've been doing that for quite some time and it doesn't give you cravings.....i said that about drinking water because for some people it's not a big deal, or they can cut down on it without difficulty........................... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

robnveronica wrote:And before Ms. Niki comes at me with  :scyth: guy

i LOVE this scyth guy... :scyth: :scyth: :scyth: