LET’S DO LUNCH HOLIDAY RECIPES as suggested by MARY SIMMONS

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: LET’S DO LUNCH HOLIDAY RECIPES as suggested by MARY SIMMONS

Post by Joyful Friend »

Tom, thanks so much for the great recipes.  I will use these before Thanksgiving in order to try them out.  I've cooked Thanksgiving  dinner for my family ever since I was  married.  My mom would help me.  Then, I've done it myself since she wasn't able and now is in heaven.    I'll still have the traditional for family and the new ones for my daughter and me.  We'll have leftovers as well.    I've got to hunt for the squash that taste like sweetpotatoes.  I always do the sweet potato casserole.  All the recipes sound easy.  THANKS, THANKS, THANKS  Joyful Friend
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

A bit of a warning: This recipe list was compiled about 2 years ago (even thou this post reads 2008). In that time, Roger may have different views on some ingredients. The Food Police, and their deputies, should re-evaluate this list, and see if some things needs to be changed and/or deleted.

I hope this does help you all, and you all have a wonderful Holiday (can you believe it’s almost a month until Thanksgiving?!?!?!? Where did the year go ?!?!?!)
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

We love  Thanksgiving.  Such a good time  for our family to give praises to our heavenly Father for our many blessings.  To think that He has redeemed me, kept me, and gives me peace of my heart.  This year I have new praises for LDL and for all my board friends.  I like your Bible verses.    Joyful Friend
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Thanks Tom,

I want to say that Ang's Cranberries are FABULOUS.  I only use about half the sweetener it calls for (maybe less this year)...I do the "add a little taste" method:-)

Blessings,
Julie
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Julie, I need to check to see if cranberries are in the stores.  I usually taste as well.  It's unbelievable how sweet things taste since I've been LDL..  I haven't used much splenda recently.  Is it your ranch we will be visiting?  Joyful Friend
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I just bought four bags of fresh cranberries. YAY!  Can't wait to chop them up with oranges & apples for my delicious (to me) salad/relish.  As unbelievable as it sounds, the oranges & apples make it sweet enough, I no longer add any Splenda. 
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Hi Gwennie!

I have actually only tried the "Sugar and Spice" one that doesn't have the fruit besides cranberries.....I'll have to try other one too so that I can have it more often w/o the sweetener.

Blessings,
Julie
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I found cranberries in the grocery store as well.  I plan to make them for Sunday's lunch if I can wait.  I will use sweetener. Well, I'll have soups to eat all week.  Thanks for the recipe because the spices will liven it up.  Joyful Friend
aalwysl8

Post by aalwysl8 »

Probably a silly question once I get the answer, but......what is "RM'S" in the RM's Made Right recipe?
lettucelose
New, but learning

Post by lettucelose »

How do we know for sure if something is totally LDL friendly or something to only have occasionally? I understand unprocessed is acceptable and no sugar, fat, potatoes, pasta, rice,or grain, but what about the above crustless pumpkin pie recipe for instance?
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wUQ6A7m/]
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

The crustless pumpkin pie has sweetener and milk, both make it an occasional food.  Sweeteners can cause sugar cravings and milk is fattening so we should limit it.

Blessings,
Julie
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

In making this pumpkin pie can we make it a pumpkin cheese cake by putting ff cream cheese in it instead of so much ff cool whip? 
lettucelose
New, but learning

Post by lettucelose »

Thanks for replying Julie. I appreciate it.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wUQ6A7m/]
Halo
New, but learning

Post by Halo »

WOW!! Thank you for all you do to make our world better.

Keep-on keepin-on,

Halo.
Everyday with Jesus is better than the day before.

Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

A great big HELLO to you all.  My first post.  Thanks to all of you for the recipes. I am waiting for my book and have been depending on the forum.  This is my 2nd day trying to follow LDL.  I have been scouring the boards - What a wealth of information you have to offer.  I am trully blessed to meet. 
I am trying LDL to first and foremost get healthy.  I don't possess scales so don't have a starting weight but I know by my clothes size.  I would like to drop a dress size - maybe 2. 
I think my biggest challenge is cooking for my hubby and daughter.  They don't need to lose weight and they like their mash and any mention of beans is definitely a no no.................Wish me Luck.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome, Scotsgal-  You will love Let's Do Lunch and these boards.  I think you may be our only UK member unless others are lurking out there.  Once your friends see your success, LDL may become an overnight success in Scotland!  We are here to help you, so ask any questions you may have.  Best wishes.  Pam
Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

Hi Pam,
Thanks for the welcome.  Everyone seems so friendly and supportive.  Can't say I am 100% convinced yet that this is any different from the 'Sugarfree' the 'fatfree' and the 'Carbsfree' diet but I am feeling good after 2 days so we'll see.  Not sure how I'll survive without Wholemeal bread and nuts especially as we don't seem to be able to get those corn crackers that you all seem to be eating. 
Nevertheless maybe once my book comes.  There is no shortage of recipes on this site and I am up for it this time.

Think I am probably posting in the wrong place but I'll catch up soon.

Can't thank you enough, Cheers for now............. :)
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Hi Scotsgal:  Welcome to LDL way of eating.. I am a newbie too... LDL is also on Facebook and one of of the members here is Sicilian Mama and she contributes many very good recipes in her blog that there is a link to on Facebook  ..She is an at home chef as well as little mary on here has some good recipes too..

Maybe some one else can help you better in getting you over there.. I am not convinced either but we do not have be..we just have to follow it and I do see the good in this woe and I think the more we try it and like it and eat we will lose weight how different it is to other low carb diets I really do not know...  It has been said that you can eat all you want of the selection of foods I cannot see anyone eating 10,000 calories on this plan but I may be wrong.. I cant.. most days if I get 1500 I am lucky.
As far as corn thins I cannot get them here close to me in Montreal Canada.. and I don't miss them...
I wish you good luck and nice to have you aboard..  :rose: