LET’S DO LUNCH HOLIDAY RECIPES as suggested by MARY SIMMONS

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
tcasola
Administrator

LET’S DO LUNCH HOLIDAY RECIPES as suggested by MARY SIMMONS

Post by tcasola »

OK Gang, one of our family members (who will remain nameless) sent me an personal email asking if I still had the above listing. Praise God that I am a pack rat.

I hope this is helpful. Now mind you, it's a couple of years old - and some recipes and/or ingredients may no longer considered LDL approved. So make sure you ask the FOOD POLICE if you have ANY QUESTIONS !! Plus, some of links may no longer be correct either.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to my LDL Family

SOUPS

SQUASH OR PUMPKIN SOUP W/PARSNIP
(a twist on the butternut squash soup recipe here)
Author: NYKathy

1 Tbl olive oil
1/2 a large chopped onion
2 cloves of minced garlic
2- l/2-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, baked until done OR 1 small pie pumpkin to yield 3 cups of chunks, baked until done, then seeds removed from pulp
1 large parsnip, peeled and roasted until until light brown and soft
5-6 cups (or more) vegetable broth or broth of choice
2+ cans of drained white beans of your choice
Few pieces of fresh sage or 2 tsps. dried sage
1 Tbl of fresh basil or 2 tsps. dried
Salt and pepper

Heat oil in large pot and add chopped onions, sauté until tender.  Add garlic, stir for 1-2 minutes.  Add squash or pumpkin and parsnip, 5-6 cups of broth, and 1 can of the beans (or more) to the onions and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover and simmer to blend the flavors. Cool slightly.

Working in batches, puree soup in blender until as smooth or chunky as you like, saving an extra can of beans or more to add after the blending is done. (I was able to just use the stick blender in the pot as the roasted vegetables were very soft.) Return puree to pot.  Add your extra beans. Add the basil and sage and lots of salt and pepper. Heat thru.

My soup ending up being very thick, almost like a stew, and it had a wonderful sweetness from the squash and parsnip. Nice way to celebrate fall NY style! If it's too thick, add more broth or water. If too thin, add some more bean puree or some extra pumpkin pulp, another roasted parsnip or some roasted carrots, or even canned pumpkin. Squash soups are also extra nice with a bit of cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar sprinkled on top of your serving before eating. Enjoy! ........nyKath

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1844.0

GINGERED PARSNIP SOUP
Author: marysimmons

INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbsp. Shedd's Willow Run Soy Margarine  (If you can't get this, just use mild olive oil instead.)
3 large parsnips (around 3/4 lb. total), peeled and thinly sliced
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped (around 1/2 cup)
1" piece of fresh ginger root, grated (around 1-2 tsp.)
1 large carrot, peeled and sliced (around 1/2 cup)
1 large rib of celery, sliced thinly
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (or 1 clove of garlic, crushed)
2 cups low-fat Chicken broth or vegetable stock
1/8 tsp. thyme
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

This recipe makes 2 servings.  Double it to serve 4.

1.  Melt the Willow Run on medium/high in a large saucepan.  Add the onion, garlic, celery & carrots and sautee, stirring, for 5 minutes.

2.  Add all of the other ingredients.  Stir well and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low and cover.  Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 or 20 minutes.  Remove from heat.

3.  You are going to puree the soup now. If you have a hand-held immersion blender such as a Braun Multi-Quick, that's the easiest way to do it.  If not, cool slightly and puree in batches in a blender.  If the soup is too thick for your liking, you may stir in some water a bit at a time to achieve the consistency you are looking for.  Serve hot.  It's good!

4.  Serving suggestions-  Top with some chopped fresh parsley or chopped fresh cilantro (coriander leaves,) or topped with a sprinkle of grated nutmeg or cinnamon.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1002.0
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
tcasola
Administrator

Re: LET’S DO LUNCH HOLIDAY RECIPES as suggested by MARY SIMMONS

Post by tcasola »

YUMMY CARROT SOUP
Author: Rhea

CARROT AND CILANTRO SOUP

This has a creamy consistency, like a classic carrot soup, yet without either cream or potato. I love the flavour and the appearance of the cilantro in it – but you could leave it out or use another herb (or some grated fresh ginger added along with the garlic) instead. I find it makes such a comforting lunch, along with big salad with lots of protein, and is lovely as a light snack at night, after my fruit... Serves 4

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 lb carrots, cut into small pieces
1 can white beans such as cannelloni or navy beans, drained
6 cups of water or light stock
Small bunch of fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper

1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.

2 Add the carrot, beans and water or stock to the pan and cook gently for about 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.

3 Puree the soup, along with the cilantro, in a food processor, blender or with a stick blender. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=707.0

NIKI'S FAVORITE BEAN SOUP
Author: niki

ok, this is my favorite bean soup using dried beans....when you combine a variety of beans, you improve the nutritional value..........I’m writing these amounts with these beans...but you can use ANY beans you want...you could add some yellow or green split peas.. pinto beans...they could be the small white beans...but no matter how much of other beans you use, use 1/2 lb of black beans...you're going to use a 4 quart pot and 1 1/2 lbs of beans will fill it up(a 6 quart crock pot and you can use 2 lbs of beans and eat forever)....you can eat it for a few days..you can freeze some for another day....REMEMBER that after the beans have soaked overnight, they have to simmer an hour to an hour and a half before adding the tomato or they won't soften..................  

1/2 lb black beans
     1/2 lb white beans(cannelini or navy beans)
     1/2 lb small red beans
rinse and soak these beans overnight...set to simmer while you prepare the vegetables(should simmer for at least an hour before you add the crushed tomatoes)

in as large a teflon pan as you have,saute in olive oil:  
      5-6 medium onions
      1 lb carrots
      7-8 stalks of celery
saute well until golden...then add to pot along with 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes...season with
       freshly ground sea salt
       freshly ground black pepper
       oregano
       cumin
       crushed red pepper
       chili powder
and simmer until beans are nice and soft..the broth is so tasty because of the black beans that if you add a nice amount of sea salt,you can get a delicious soup without using boullion or canned broth....
   NOW,that wasn't hard,was it?.........and it's delicious..

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1384.0
Last edited by Guest on October 11th, 2009, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

CURRIED PUMPKIN & SWEETCORN SOUP

This is super-easy to make and is a delicous fall/winter dish.  From start to finish it takes less than 25 minutes including cooking time.

Ingredients:
1- small onion, finely chopped
2 -cloves garlic, minced (optional)
1- Knorr Chicken Boullion Cube
1- 15-oz can 100% pure pumpkin (Libby's is good)
1- small (8 3/4oz) can Whole Kernel Corn, no salt added
1- tablespoon Olive Oil
1- tablespoon mild curry powder

In a large saucepan with a lid, add the olive oil and put on medium heat.  When the oil is hot, add the onion, garlic and curry powder.  Stir until the onion is soft and transparent, around 5 minutes.  Slowly add 3 cups of water and the chicken boullion cube.  Bring to a boil.  Add the pumpkin and corn, stir well, and simmer on low for 15 minutes.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=63.0
Tom

tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

STUFFING & DRESSING

SAUSAGE & WILD MUSHROOM STUFFING

Untraditional.....for mushroom lovers like me!!!

INGREDIENTS:
8 oz. lean ground skinless turkey breast
1 & 1/2 tsp. Mortons Sausage & Meat Loaf Seasoning Mix
Olive Oil Spray
1 stick of Shedd's Willow Run Soy Margarine (or 1/2 cup olive oil)
1 large yellow onion, diced (around 2 cups)
16-oz. Exotic Mushrooms (any combination of shiitake, porcini, chantarelle or enoki), cut into slices
32-oz (4 x 8-oz. packets) button mushrooms, sliced
1 leek, roots and tough green leaves removed, cut into 1/2" rounds
2 cups fat-free chicken or turkey broth
2 tsp. dried sage
2 tsp. dried thyme
2 tsp. dried basil
1 Tbsp. & 1/2 tsp. fresh, chopped rosemary (or 2 tsp. dried rosemary)
1/2 package of Real Thins brand Original Corn Thins

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a heavy skillet with olive oil spray and heat on high.  Add the ground turkey breast and sausage seasoning.  (If you can't get this sausage seasoning, just add some garlic powder, sage & whatever herbs you like.)  Sautee until totally browned and cooked through.  Remove from heat.

2.  Melt the Willow Run (or heat the olive oil) on medium high in a large, heavy-based saucepan.  Add the onion and leeks, and sautee for 3 minutes.  Add the mushrooms and sautee for 3 - 4 more minutes until tender.  Add the ground turkey "sausage", broth, and all of the herbs.  Mix well and stir together for a couple of minutes.  Add salt & pepper to taste.  Remove from heat.

3.  Spray a 9" x 13" pyrex baking dish with olive oil spray.  Break the corn thins into 5 or 6 pieces each.  Stir into the stuffing mix, and immediately spoon the stuffing into the baking dish.  Bake for 45 - 55 minutes until browned.
Enjoy!  (The corn thins do tend to get a bit mushy, but hey!  This tastes good!)   

Little Mary

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1868.0

WILD RICE DRESSING FOR TURKEY

INGREDIENTS:

1 8-oz. carton of button mushrooms, washed & sliced
1 x 6-oz. package WILD RICE (the black stuff, not mixed grain or regular brown rice)
2 cups water
2 cups fat-free chicken or turkey broth
1 medium yellow onion, diced (around 1 cup)
2 - 3 stalks of celery, chopped (around 1 cup)
1 stick of Shedd's Willow Run Soy Margarine (or 1/2 cup olive oil)
1/4 tsp. dried sage, parsley or basil (whichever you prefer)
1 & 1/4 cup plain dry roasted soy nuts

1.  Rinse & drain the wild rice, and put into a medium saucepan with a lid.  Add the water and chicken broth.  Bring to a boil on high, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 50 - 60 minutes until the rice is cooked.

2.  While the rice is cooking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  In a deep skillet or large saucepan, melt the Willow Run or heat the olive oil on medium high.  Add the onion and celery, sautee for 5 or 6 minutes.  Add the mushrooms and herbs and sautee for 5 more minutes.  Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper, stir well and remove from the heat.

3.  When the rice is done, add it to the mixing bowl along with the soy nuts.  Stir well, and then spoon it into a pyrex baking dish.  Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, uncovered.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1866.0

SAUSAGE & HERB STUFFING

Thanks to Tom for "borrowing" this recipe from the Food Network's archives, as well as for the suggestions from Tom & Patty on how to make this LDL-friendly as well as tasty.  I've added a few alterations of my own, and it's the best "traditional" stuffing of the 3 here on the boards. 

2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
3/4 pound ground lean skinless turkey breast
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped onion

2 eggs
2 cups coarsely chopped cauliflower

1/2 cup diced yellow squash
1/2 cup grated low-fat Parmesan or Veggie (Soy) Parmesan
1 tablespoon chopped FRESH parsley leaves
2 cloves of garlic, chopped or minced

1 tablespoon DRIED sage leaves
1 tablespoons DRIED thyme leaves
2 tsp. Morton's Sausage & Meatloaf Seasoning OR Chicken Magic Seasoning

1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

Equipment: 8 by 8-inch square baking dish

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet on medium-high.  Add the ground turkey and the Morton Sausage Seasoning or Chicken Magic seasoning.  Sautee for 3-4 minutes.  Add the celery and onion and cook, stirring, until the meat is totally browned and the celery and onions are slightly softened.  Remove from heat and drain fat if necessary.

2.  Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Using a spoon, mix in the sausage mixture and all the remaining ingredients, so everything is evenly combined.  Pour the stuffing into the baking dish and bake until hot and browned, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.

And yes, Patty, you're right.  This is a recipe where all the chopping, etc., can be done in advance, but you don't want to cook it until you're virtually ready to eat it.  The cauliflower makes the consistency weird if you try to reheat it after it has been sitting for a few hours. 

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_29200,00.html

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1882.0
Tom

tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

CRANBERRY SAUCE

SUGAR "N' SPICE CRANBERRIES
Author: TNangela

3 packages (12 ounces each) fresh cranberries
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 cups sweetener ( I use splenda)

In a dutch oven, combine all ingredients.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until the cranberries pop and mixture is thickened.  Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Great with turkey!!

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=686.0

CRANBERRY RELISH IN SQUASH "BOWLS"

INGREDIENTS:

2 x medium Acorn Squashes, cut in half with the seeds discarded
1 & 1/2 cups fresh or frozen, unsweetened, cranberries
1/2 cup Splenda
1 tsp. Grated Zest from an orange or tangerine
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Place the squash halves onto a microwaveable platter, cut side down.  Pierce the skin a few times with a fork.  Microwave on high for 8 - 10 minutes until the squash is fairly tender.  Remove from microwave and place open side up on a deep baking tray.  (Cover the baking dish with foil for easy clean up!)

2.  Put the cranberries, Splenda and cinnamon into a small heavy saucepan.  Cover with 1/4 cup of water or apple juice.  Cook on medium heat until the cranberries are tender, around 10 minutes.

3.  Spoon the cranberry mixture into the squash halves.  Bake for around 10 minutes.  Serves 4.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1867.0
Tom

tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

GRAVY

CHICKEN OR TURKEY GRAVY

Stick with me and have faith once again that I won't intentionally ever lead you guys wrong.  This looks like a weird way to make gravy, but it tastes great, and no one will know it's LDL friendly unless you tell them! Makes 2 pints

INGREDIENTS:
4 Cups fat-free chicken or turkey broth (If you can't find turkey, chicken works just fine with a turkey dinner)
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
1/2 tsp. Chicken Magic or Seafood Magic Seasoning or Season-All
1/2 tsp. Tamari or Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Carb Options Brand Ketchup
2 Tbsp. Corn Starch
1/2 cup cooked, rinsed & drained Canellini Beans or Butter Beans

1.  With a hand-held immersion blender or in a regular blender, mix together the beans and 1/2 cup of the broth until totally liquidized.  Put aside.

2.  Put the broth, seasonings, soy sauce and ketchup into a heavy based saucepan.  Bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes.  Mix the corn starch together with 3-4 Tbsp. of Water in a little bowl.  Add to the gravy and stir well until thickened.  Pour in the bean liquid and heat through.

3.  Drain away the fat from the cooked turkey and add a bit of the juices to the saucepan.  Whisk well.  It's done.

If you prefer a thicker gravy, add another 1/2 cup or more of pureed beans

GOOD!

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1870.0
Tom

tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

SIDE DISHES

CORN PUDDING "MUFFINS"

These are very moist and delicious "muffins" that can be served by themselves as a side dish, or to make them more fancy, they can be served on top of broiled tomato slices (see note at end of recipe.)  The recipe is EASY!

INGREDIENTS:
Fresh corn kernels- 1 cup (from approx. 2 large or 3 medium ears of corn)
1 & 1/4 cups low fat milk
4 eggs, whisked
1/4 tsp. salt (a bit more if you like salty flavors)
Dash of ground red or black pepper
Olive Oil Spray

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a muffin or cupcake pan (12 muffins size) lightly with olive oil spray.  You will need a deep baking tray a bit bigger, too, so the cupcake pan can sit inside of the larger tray.

2.  Mix together all of the ingredients well in a mixing bowl.  Ladle the mixture into the greased cupcake tin, filling them 2/3 full.  Put 1" of hot water into the bottom larger tray to make a "Bain Marie," which basically means that the hot water will distribute the heat to the muffins when they're baking.  

3.  Place in the oven for 20 - 23 minutes until they're set.  They're done!

Note-  If you want to make a fancier presentation and enhance the flavor, you can take 2 medium tomatoes and cut them across-ways into 1/2" slices.  Put them on a cookie sheet, spray with a bit of olive oil, and broil them lightly until they're slightly softened.  Put the tomatoes onto a platter and then place one corn pudding "muffin" on each slice of broiled tomato.  That's what I do for when company is over, etc.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1865.0
Last edited by Guest on October 11th, 2009, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

VEGETABLES

BILL'S MASHED POTATOES

4 cans butter beans, cooked & drained
2 tablespoons Shedd's Willow Run Soy Margarine
2 tablespoons (or more) chicken broth
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of ground pepper

Put the butter beans and the Willow Run in the microwave until the Willow Run is melted.  Mash with a potato masher or blend with an electric mixer, adding enough chicken broth to make creamy mashed potatoes.  Add a dash of garlic powder & pepper and mix well.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=625.0

ROASTED PARSNIPS

ROASTED PARSNIPS-  Most traditional Sunday lunches in the British Isles are not complete without roasted parsnips.  

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.  
Peel the parsnips and slice them down the middle lengthwise.  
Spray a baking pan with olive oil spray.  
Lightly coat the parsnips in a bit of extra virgin olive oil, and put them in a single layer in the pan.  

Roast for 25 - 35 minutes, turning them every 10 minutes.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1000.0

LDL "SWEET POTATOES"

There is a type of squash with yellowish-orange flesh called "Sweet Dumpling" squash.  If you are someone who used to like eating sweet potatoes, this tastes virtually identical without being fattening.  It looks like a small creamy-butter color pumpkin with green stripes.  This time of year they are plentiful at Farmer's Markets and most large supermarkets. 1 squash serves 2 or 3 people as a side dish.

Simply pierce the skin of the whole squash several times with a sharp knife and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes until softened.  

Wait for it to cool down, cut down the center and remove the seeds & stringy part.  I like to serve it just like that in its skin.  

If, however, you want more of a "candied yam" experience, remove the skin, place the squash in 1-2" cubes in a baking dish, and drizzle with some honey and nutmeg or cinnamon.  

Bake in a covered dish with 1/2" of water on 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  

Mary

Tom’s note: for those who are wondering about using honey: Honey is listed in the “Stocking Your Shelves” section of the LDL book. This is one of those items that to be used sparingly. A drizzle of honey is acceptable, while a thick coating is not.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1874.0

SUCCOTASH

If you come from New England, it's likely that succotash is part of your traditional autumn menu. The word comes from the Narragansett word meaning "boiled kernels of corn."  I prefer not to boil them, though.  Here's an EASY LDL succotash.

INGREDIENTS:
1 10-oz. package of frozen baby lima beans
4 tbsp. Willow Run Soy Margarine (or olive oil if you can't get this)
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 cup cooked red kidney beans
1/2 tsp. dried thyme

1.  Melt the Willow Run or heat the olive oil in a large skillet.  Add the lima beans and sautee for 2 minutes.  Add the corn and thyme, and cook for 3 more minutes.  Add the kidney beans and a dash of salt & pepper to taste.  Stir well and heat through for another minute or two.

2.  Remove from heat, cover and let sit for a couple of minutes.  It's done!

Little Mary

[url=http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1856.0]http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1856.0[/urn for 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!  
Last edited by Guest on October 11th, 2009, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

DESSERTS

JIM'S PUMPKIN PIE...CRUSTLESS
Author: Roger Troy Wilson

The following recipe was contrived after receiving an email from Jim Miller...many thanks, Jim, from all of us!

1/8 cup Stevia sweetener from health food store
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated skim milk

Mix Stevia, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
Beat eggs in large bowl.  Stir in pumpkin and fructose-spice mixture.
Gradually stir in evaporated milk.

Pour into pie pan.

Bake in preheated 425 F. oven for 15 minutes.  Reduce temperature to 350 F....bake 30 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.  Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.  Serve immediately or refrigerate.

I make the pie mix and divide it among five (5) or six (6) small pyrex oven proof dishes, and then I will eat a whole one sometimes, or maybe a half of one depending on my hunger for something sweet. They usually last for a week or more as I keep them covered and refrigerated. If I have not eaten a lot on certain days I might eat a little Cool Whip Lite, but use it sparingly until you find out how it affects your weight loss. Hope this answers your questions, but feel free to ask, and I will try to answer all questions....Jim

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=35.0

MOM'S BAKED APPLES

This is an easy thing to prepare if every once in a while you want to serve real dessert!  Serves Two.

Ingredients:
2 Granny Smith Apples, with the cores removed
1/4 cup raisins (choose plump, moist ones like "Dole" brand)
1 teaspoon white stevia powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup orange juice

Place the cored apples into a deep baking dish.  In a small bowl, mix the raisins, stevia and cinnamon.  Fill each apple with half of the raisin mixture.  Pour the orange  juice over top of the apples.  Cover and bake in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes, until apples are softened but not falling apart.

Pour juice from dish over apples to serve.  For a bit of extra "zing," top with a bit of grated orange or lemon zest.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=226.0
Last edited by Guest on October 11th, 2009, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

OK .. that's it .. sorry for all the posts, but I never knew there was a post "limit".
Tom

patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Thank you, Tom.  This is like finding an old, favorite recipe book that's been missing for years!  I'm looking forward to trying them all.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

No Roger, I didn't. When I originally compiled the list, there was no notation concerning "Always acceptable" vs "once in a while". I also checked the links to each original post and nothing is noted there either.

If someone want to go through the list, and send me a personal email which should have the notation, I would be more then willing to do it. Also, some of our "Food Police" have the authority to do that too. So feel free to make any notation (changes/deletions/additions). I don't mind, because it will help ALL OUR LDL FAMILY
Last edited by tcasola on December 9th, 2008, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Wow, Tom!!!

What a lot of work!!  I know that you've made many, many people happy by having all of this on one post... you truly are the GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!   *love* 

Love you, Bro!
Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

"LDL IN THE FAMILY" ... Boy the way Glenn Miller played... songs that made the Hit Parade..... Guys like us we had it made... THOSE WERE THE DAYS...  la la la  ... LO LO LOL  :poo:
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Yes I am still 'shrinking' - but it has slowed down to about 1 pound a week (on a good week). I will take it.

I will be honest, I had a slight "set back" and gained some weight back (7 pounds) and I was devastated. I know it was all do to myself ONCE AGAIN sabotaging myself. But the good news was, unlike prior times, this set back didn't cause me to go into a self-pity eating frenzy. It caused me to me even more diligent in watching what I eat, and slowly those gained pounds are shedding off. Ounce by ounce I will get to my goal!!

ALL - please know just because I don't respond doesn't mean I am not here everyday day. I am a lurker more now then before. Mostly because my job and life is more hectic them normal, and some “troublesome” things have occurred. I haven't asked for prayers, because I know we all have our troubles, and mine are minor compared to what many are going through. I know the Lord is there helping/guiding me so that it comforting. But what is more comforting is knowing I have the entire LDL family I can turn to when need. So I love you all for this.

So back to my "lurk mode". But don't be surprised if I don't pop back on from time to time

Now I wouldn't be TOM if I didn't do a bit of OTT

Joe - I bought the Godfather Coppola Edition for my sister from Christmas. And thought of you when I did. I hope it's worth it - since we have EVERY EDITION there is. Any chance of getting you to autograph it since you've worked so hard on it ?!?!??!
Tom

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

marysimmons wrote:Wow, Tom.  You're the best!  Thanks so much for doing this. 

See Tom ??  I told you so ! !
I love saying that when it's for something good !

Tom, I encourage you to start posting in the food journal.  It really helps keep us on track when we are accountable to each other.  It only takes a couple of minutes, especially when you keep a pad of post-its handy.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
savannah

Post by savannah »

Thanks so very much for all the wonderful recipes...I'm sure that it will help all of us "sail" right through the holidays!  Your the greatest!!! *love* *love* *love*