LET’S DO LUNCH HOLIDAY RECIPES as suggested by MARY SIMMONS

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: LET’S DO LUNCH HOLIDAY RECIPES as suggested by MARY SIMMONS

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome to LDL, Scotsgal,

I have only been on site since November but have been doing alot of reading. I was already convinced the whole foods way of eating was best when I started this. But for some people it is such a drastic change, they have to ease themselves into it. I had been gradually changing our eating habits over the past 2 years on our own and at least we stopped gaining and had some weight losses. Like Sandra, (Sicilian Mama) says, it is all about choices. If you can't do without certain things, make the healthiest choices. Eat as many of the LDL allowable food as you can and you will certainly feel better and I am sure you will notice pounds and inches being discarded. Once you get used to cooking and eating this way, and you are not satisfied with the rate of weight loss, you are probably ready to go PURE LDL at that point.

Do the best you can, come back to the boards, report your successes and roadblocks and let the others encourage, help and cheer you on. Most of us are here because we have tried everything else but still willing to do it God's way this time; because we just are not willing to stay this way any longer. We still believe there is an answer and if this WayOfEating is it for more people, then think of the millions of unhealthy people we can help just by doing it ourself first. Your success is our success also.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jopaul

Re: LET’S DO LUNCH HOLIDAY RECIPES as suggested by MARY SIMMONS

Post by jopaul »

My response is done to get the topic to the top. That benefits me as well as everyone. Have a fantastic day!
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
katjack
New, but learning

Re: LET’S DO LUNCH HOLIDAY RECIPES as suggested by MARY SIMM

Post by katjack »

I just made Jimbro and Leelo's mushroom soup, I could just drink this stuff... It is so yummers!!!

My idea for the holidays, make 1/2 the soup recipe with less water, after blending add to green beans and bake.. A twist on the horrendous fattening green bean casserole... and we really don't need fried onions now do we?

:ymhug:
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Great idea!! That green bean cassarole gets me on the holidays. I think I'm going to have 2 bites and always eating a cup or more. I will try this before the holidays. Thanks katjack :D Maybe I could put some of those garlic roasted onions on top?? This will be my second holiday season on LDL but it will be the first time I don't have to work thru the holidays. It will be so much easier when I am not sleep deprived while I am cooking and celebrating. Life is good.
Last edited by omalani on September 26th, 2013, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

This is a great idea. After Thanksgiving, if there are any left overs. We can turn it back into soup..YEAH!
Zesti