Butternut Squash Fries

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
sweetcheeks
New, but learning

Butternut Squash Fries

Post by sweetcheeks »

Hi all,

Just wanted to say how wonderful the Butternut Squash French Fries are. In fact, they are so much better than the regular old potato fries, I just can't believe it.  I have been serving them to company to their delight also.  The comment is that they can not believe they are a "diet" food!!  A big thank you to whomever came up with the idea!!!

Sweetcheeks      *love*
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Butternut Squash Fries

Post by patsyfay »

Sweetcheeks,

I've been an LDLer for two years and I've yet to try those fries.  I'll have to get on it.  I'll add squash to my shopping list!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

iluvsoup

Post by iluvsoup »

They are really good.  Especially with Roger's burger.  I also make the "turtatoes" with onions.  My family likes those too. 
weinner
New, but learning

Post by weinner »

Forgive me if I missed this, but I would like the receipe and I do not see it in the LDL book ??  Can you help me with this, ?  It sounds great and I would like to try it. :)
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I think "Turtatoes" are Turnip Potatoes!
Believing I Can

Post by Believing I Can »

I must be doing something wrong -  :wrong:  I have made Butternut "Fries" twice, and both times, they have come out soggy.  The first time, I thought I sprayed the pan with too much spray, so the second time, I used less, but they still came out soggy.  :sad:
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles (Song: Already Gone)