Rebounder is doing the trick

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Rhonda in SGF

Rebounder is doing the trick

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

Somewhere on here is the thread about rebounding but the blackberry does not give me the full version with the search bar.  I so wanted to encourage all the rebounders to keep "tramping"!  That is my new exercise and I am down 4 pounds this week.  I have just started jogging slowly on the mini trampoline and it has kicked up weight loss!  Woo hoo!
LDL and rebounding is a great combination!!!

Rhonda in SGF
julie409
Master Member

Re: Rebounder is doing the trick

Post by julie409 »

Glad to hear it.  :thumbsup:
Maybe I will replace the glider with the rebounder. I can still watch TV while I do it.  :laughing:

Julie :rose:
Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

That is what I do Julie.  I jog on it while I am watching TV.  I am reading the book Slow Burn by Stu Mittleman and his theory is to keep the heart slightly elevated and you will burn fat. He also says if your heart rate is too high while you are exercising you will burn sugar. He also teaches proper breathing techniques etc.  Very good book and his theory seems to be working and goodness knows I have tried EVERYTHING!!!  So Julie get out the rebounder and pick up some 3 lb dumbbells and jog those pounds away. Nothing fast just a slow easy breathing jog will do!

Rhonda in SGF
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Rhonda in SGF wrote:So Julie get out the rebounder and pick up some 3 lb dumbbells and jog those pounds away. Nothing fast just a slow easy breathing jog will do!
Rhonda in SGF

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HI Rhonda,
Thanks for the encouragement. And you are very sweet to even suggest that I could do anything fast with 3 lb dumbbells while bouncing up and down on the rebounder!  *hug*  Those closest to me know that I am a little clutzy! SO I would probably hurt myself if I did anything too fast. But I agree with all you had to say. I am going to (Note: I didn't say "try")incorporate the rebounder into my activity. I do know it is one of the best things out there for your overall health.

"Do or do not, there is no try!"  Yoda

Nananew
New, but learning

Post by Nananew »

I guess I'm out of the loop but "what is a rebounder"!!??  Never heard of it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTOXad9/]
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Nana,

It's a personal trampoline. Supposed to be the best exercise possible because it takes the pull of gravity off your body and steps up your circulation and also stimulates your lymph glands.  It also detoxifies the body and is beneficial to the heart. Best of all it is Zero impact.

If you do a search on line for the benefits of rebounding, you can see a photo and some impressive before and after photos. CQ also posted a great list of health benefits on this web site.

Hope this helps.

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Ok Rhonda, I am mortified  :poo:

When I went on the site to check on the rebounding again, it said that seniors should not do more than 2 minutes at a time when they first start because THEY MIGHT SHAKE UP THEIR ORGANS.  :laughing:  Ok, I am not a senior yet - although I am not sure what that age is, but I am getting closer than I like to admit. But the caution did give me pause. I only did 5 minutes and then went back on the glider.  :sad:

I just thought that was really funny! Or maybe not. :blink:

Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

Julie you are too funny!

I started with what I call a barely bounce not even letting your feet leave the surface and I only did it a couple of minutes at a time because of the organs and building and strengthening ligaments around the organs.  Plus that is as long as I could do it without getting sore legs. I I would do a couple of minutes several times per day until I was more conditioned.  Then as my legs got stronger I tried walking on it and it was awkward so I started jogging slowly and I kept my balance better jogging than walking on it.  Plus the 3 lb dumbbells seem to make me even more balanced.

I am 55 Julie so I suppose that qualifies me as a senior! :)

Keep on gliding and slowly break into rebounding.  It is actually enjoyable!  I still don't bounce on it yet however..just a slow jog :)

Rhonda in SGF
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Rhonda in SGF wrote:I am reading the book Slow Burn by Stu Mittleman and his theory is to keep the heart slightly elevated and you will burn fat. He also says if your heart rate is too high while you are exercising you will burn sugar.

Hi, Rhonda in SGF,

What he says in the book is very true about burning sugar and not fat.

You should exercise between 55% to 65% of your maximum heart rate (trying to keep as close to 65% as possible).

To calculate your maximum heart rate use the following guide:

220 - (your age) =  maximum heart rate

220 - 55 = 165

You should keep your heart rate between 91 and 107 beats per minute.

CQ
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

I started rebounding after CQ did a thread about it. I did 2  minutes at first and slowly added time. Today is the first day I did 10 minutes. I love it.  *love* I get up a little early so I can do it before my shower. Sometimes I also do 5 minutes at lunch time.
Thanks CQ!!!!!  :thumbsup:
Terri
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

Little Mary,
That is so awesome!!! I am glad CQ started the thread about rebounding.
Terri  :inlove:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI L. Mary,

That's incredible. I thought that only weight bearing exercise could reverse bone loss. That's great news.  :thumbsup:

After CQ's post, I dragged mine out and dusted it off. I am incorporating it into my usual routine. I am going to wean myself off the glider and onto the rebounder.  I have already experienced great things happening in only one night. I had to get up 4 times during the night to go to the bathroom.  :sad:  It worked better than any diuretic I could have taken. I probably will do it earlier in the evening next time.  ;)

bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

My oldest son found a rebounder at Wal-Mart today for $21.00 and got it for me. So I will have to try it out when he gets home tonight with it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

I also never exercised while reaching my goal....After all this talk about the rebounder, I am pulling mine out of the storage...Thanks for the info guys...

God Bless You
Preachwife
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

terrims54 wrote:I started rebounding after CQ did a thread about it. I did 2  minutes at first and slowly added time. Today is the first day I did 10 minutes. I love it.  *love* I get up a little early so I can do it before my shower. Sometimes I also do 5 minutes at lunch time.
Thanks CQ!!!!!  :thumbsup:
Terri

Hey Terri,
Have you noticed any positive changes yet?  I only did 5 minutes (no trouble at all) and it seemed to really keep my body moving (as I mentioned in my post to Mary). I'm sold - I know I have a CD that came with it somewhere. That should give me a little more focused effort when I get going a little longer. I certainly wouldn;t want to jar anything loose that needs to stay in place - you know - being so old and frail and all! :laughing:

MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

oh thank you so much for starting this thread.  i forgot about this and never got myself one.  BUT i ordered one this morning after seeing this thread.  i should get it next week...i'm SO excited!
Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

Thanks CQ for figuring my heartrate for me for fat burning.  Now if I can find my nifty heart rate watch I purchased the last time I got on an exercise kick.  Now that I found something I can do which seems to be kicking up the metabolism and I can do it even while watching TV WOW I am set!!!

We can all bounce ourselves back to better health together!!!

Thanks again CQ for having us take a look at rebounding!

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Rhonda in SGF,

Your Very Welcome!

If you exercise at a higher rate you'll burn sugar instead of fat due to not be able to get enough oxygen to your muscles.

If anyone is just starting out then 50% of your maximum heart rate is OK but please speak with your doctor before starting any exercise program.

CQ