Five Family Favorites For Five ($5)!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Bethann
Master Member

Re: Five Family Favorites For Five ($5)!

Post by Bethann »

I printed out your suggestions and have been thinking about them! I am going to try the Lentils tonight!  :)

Oh, where were you when I started Homeschooling 21 years ago! .....But I've found you now! :thumbsup: (and the rest of you folks on LDL  *love*) Thank God! So glad I have encouragement for healthy eating for myself and my family!
.....And I may be down to my last home educated child but I still need practical recipes and still need to save money!! .....because we are still a one wage income family (and helping a child in University ......  :) )
Bless you and please keep these wonderful ideas coming!  :rose:
Beth
Last edited by Bethann on October 15th, 2010, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

So nice to meet another homeschooling LDLer!  There are a number of us on the boards.  I was introduced to LDL through a post to my Student of the Word (curriculum we use) Boards 4 years ago.  My oldest is 17 and will graduate this year (from high school w/60+ hours toward college....credit by exam and dual credit help with a single income too). Anyway, I'm so glad to be able to help a veteran homeschooler.....Thanks for being a trailblazing hero!

Blessings,
Julie
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

We started home-schooling our 2 around 1988.
I also delivered both my babies at home in 1981 and 1984!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

I'm thankful for Homeschooling! It was wonderful to be able to spend the time with my children. Here in Canada we are about 10 years behind you! We live on the Border which has been helpful! I thought my youngest would be finished by our Canadian graduation time June 2010 but being flexible and opportunities came for him so it has been delayed to this Fall. God's mercy in weaning me off slowly I think.  ;)
I like to say I have children in 3 countries - Canada, the U.S. and S.Korea.  :) 18, 23 and 26.

Julie, I have heard that it is possible to earn college credits in High School. I so admire you and your family for that! (I love the name of your curriculum! I have never heard of it.) It is always exciting to meet other home educators!  :rose:

Linda, when you started homeschooling I had just recently heard of it! My oldest was born in 1984 but in a hospital. The concept of Child Birth at home I find so interesting! I have a close friend who is a nurse who has trained in that. You have been a Trailblazer in many ways!  :rose:

Blessings... :rose:
Last edited by Bethann on October 15th, 2010, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

When we homeschooled I bought a Mennonite Curriculum from Rod & Staff Publishers. The books were so much like the books I had in Elementary school. There is so much more available now.

Home birth and homeschooling was not something I had planned to do. Just sorta happened to be the best for us at the time. I was just glad there already was resources out there. Wow the dark ages....before home computers and cell phones....how primative!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Funny how life is ..... I never ever would have dreamed that I would home school but it happened and definitely feel that it was God's choice for our family! It was personally very challenging for me and difficult but I am glad we did it!  :happy:
chelebellehawaii
New, but learning

Post by chelebellehawaii »

sounds yummy  hugs * michele from hawaii
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Julie, I am inspired again by this discussion! Looks like all 3 of my children will be home for awhile! An exciting thought and such a blessing but how to feed them economically and to keep eating healthy as well! God bless! Hope all is going well with you! Thank you!  :rose:
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Our latest quick inexpensive treat when out and about...frozen strawberries and mixed berries from Dollar Tree (no sugar & only $1)..great for a hot Texas day...even in Feb!

We are doing well...busy with school and loving DH.

Keep on encouraging those kids Bethann!  Your looking forward to them all being back home encouraged me...I am also encouraged to read back through this thread. 

It's so good to pop back on the boards and be encouraged even if I can't be here often.

Blessings,
Julie