Two things that amaze me.

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Two things that amaze me.

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hello my beautiful LDL brothers and sisters!

I have been thinking today (dangerous!  :tongue: )  and I have realized two things that amaze me.  I told y'all that I ate off plan mon, tues & wed. during valentines.  I didn't plan well and so I was out of food over the holiday.  I was working 12 hour and longer days and so I ate some fast food, some chocolate and a small piece of cake one of our customers brought in.  Well that is all it took for me to wake up sore and hurting again.  I swear I think sugar is a drug!  Anyway, I have a friend who also works at the shop part time.  She was complaining about being sore all the time too.  She knows I'm on LDL and she's very supportive of me in that.  So I said to her, "You know it could be all the sugar in the foods you are eating."  She replies, "I didn't eat much sugar this week."  I said, "Okay so what did you eat?"  She says, "Well I had some ice cream, but not much.  All I had yesterday was a hamburger, sweet potato french fries, corn bread (jiffy) and a sleeve or Ritz crackers with some spray cheese."  I said,"Well girl no wonder you are hurting!  There is sugar in the hamburger bun, the corn bread and a ton of it in the Ritz crackers."  She then snapped at me and said, "I don't care!  I'm going to eat what I want!  I don't want to talk about it anymore."  :shock:  So I am amazed that someone who is hurting so much and knows that LDL works because she has seen me go from not being able to walk across my living room to being able to walk the grocery store twice would rather hurt and eat junk than not eat junk.

I am also amazed how fast LDL works!  I've been back on plan for only three days and this morning and I'm already feeling sooooooooo much better!  :thumbsup:  In fact, I just got home from the grocery store.  I completely restocked my kitchen.  I also bought some of those tupperware type dishes so I can cook and freeze some things for the nights when I'm too tired or too busy to cook!  I love God so much!  He just keeps showing me mercy as I get back on my path to a totally happy and healthy life!  Thanks for letting me share. 

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Re: Two things that amaze me.

Post by LINDA RN »

LP,
I get that response all the time. All I can do is just shake my head.
Then they will pay good money to go to a doctor to get a bunch of prescriptions to counter the bad effects of the food they love to eat.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

People get so addicted to sugar and bread products with lots of butter of course, that it's just like smoking they don't care that it not healthy or could cause lung cancer. If it feels good to them that's all that matters, you can't change them. They have to wake up.....so dumb    THANKFULLY, WE HAVE ALL LEARNED AND CAN SET AN EXAMPLE FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW IF THAY WANT.    WITHER
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Sugar is my addiction - I understand what you say when you hurt.  When I overdo it and "hurt" my husband just does not understand why I would go back and eat it again :wacko:  I tend to forget these foods can make me sick.  I get sick almost everytime I eat ice cream and pizza - I mean up all night kinda sick - yet that doesn't seem to stop me from overindulging again - what is wrong with that picture?  It is pure addiction.  LDL does help to overcome that - I just need to get refocused again
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Jencita I would bet money that it's the wheat in the pizza dough and the sugar in the ice cream that are making you sick.  The good news is that there are LDL alternatives.  I LOVE me some LDL pizza and some banana ice cream!  Never have gotten sick from them either.  :thumbsup:

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by Sharolyn »

LP, I think that's why LDL works so well for me! There are things to eat that do replace the old sugar, wheat & other stuff that's not so good for me!! I love the LDL ice cream! It's hard to miss ice cream with this around. I haven't tried LDL pizza; but, I love the pizza soup. I'm still going thru all of the recipes here to find ones that work for me & my husband. Our son doesn't need to lose weight; but, it has to be really healthy for him to eat this way. He is limited by what he can eat as far as physically being able to eat it. So, I do some fancy gymnastics in the kitchen some days to feed this child! lol!! What we mom's won't do for our young!  ;) Part of his nutrition goes thru a g-tube in his stomach every day. So, I know he gets plenty of good nutrition!
Shari

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Sharolyn,

What a testimony!  You and Little Mary need to hook up with mommie stories to encourage each other.  :)  Hope everyone is having a blessed day!  Love you guys.

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by Sharolyn »

LP, we just might do that!  :)
Shari