3rd day and eating less already

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
daisey

3rd day and eating less already

Post by daisey »

I sent for my Let's Do Lunch book on Mother's Day and joined that very day.  What a great gift to myself and my family...a healthier wife and mom.  Need to lose 50 pounds.  It's seems to come off much slower once you get into your sixties.  I'm finding that I'm less hungry after eating less today.  And I have more energy than I have had in a long while.  I know it will only get better.  My favorites, until I get my book, are spicy fat free refried beans and corn on the cob.  Black bean and corn salad is great too.  Hello to all and look forward to being here.
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: 3rd day and eating less already

Post by patsyfay »

Daisey,

Welcome to LDL!!  I am also in my sixties, but I have lost 55+ pounds and I'm not looking back.  I was happy to get the weight off...I didn't care how long it took (it took a year). I also take meds for RA and I knew those would probably slow my loss, but I still did it!!  And I tell people that if I can do it, anyone can do it!!  God bless your journey.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

daisey

Post by daisey »

Pat, knowing you've accomplished what you have and that you're in my age group was great incentive for me.  And if you're on meds for RA, it's even more difficult as they usually cause weight gain.  You're an inspiration.  Thanks so much.
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Daisey,

Be sure not to portion control (or trying to eat a small amount).  The plan works because it gets rid of the sugar and carb cravings and you don't allow yourself to go hungry.  You need to be sure you are eating until full whenever you get hungry until all of the bad cravings go......no portion control.....lots of fruit to get rid of the sugar cravings.....lots of beans, peas, and popcorn/corn thins to get rid of the carb cravings.

Keep on keepin on...on the train to Skinnytown!

Blessings,
Julie
daisey

Post by daisey »

I did order my book from this website.  Can't wait to get it.  I have a real problem with my eating schedule though.  I'm a nurse and I work in surgery with two surgeons I've worked with for years and years.  We don't keep regular hours, scheduled lunches are unheard of - you grab a bite when  you can.  It's been my experience over the years that I don't eat all day and am ravenous by the time I got home.  For instance, first surgery today started at 6:30am and I didn't walk out till after 7 this evening.  I had 15 minutes to eat during the day.  Any suggestions will be welcomed.  I took protein (a chicken breast) and a salad and corn and black beans.  But trust me, wolfing your food down in 15 minutes can make you mighty uncomfortable in the afternoon.  There's got to be a way around this as I've put on the weight by eating too much too late.  Thanks for any ideas anyone might have for this problem.  Oh, but I am making sure I get up early enough to have a nice breakfast.  What would be my best solution for first meal of the day.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

daisey wrote: What would be my best solution for first meal of the day.

my suggestion is as much fruit as you can possibly eat to jump start your metabolism and get you going......i've been a nurse for 37 years and i hear what you're saying about eating on the run......i would say that if you bring something like some protein and some vegetables or salad and eat(without rushing)as much as you can manage to have time for, you'll be fine....and, even if you get home late and eat let's do lunch foods, you'll still be ahead of the game...............and, on the days that you don't work, you can plan ahead for the days you do work and you can get a better routine on your days off...fit let's do lunch foods into YOUR lifestyle to the best of your ability.........
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
daisey

Post by daisey »

Thanks for the responses, Roger and Niki.  Once I receive the book, I'm going to sit down and study it and get my plan of attack (on fat) going.  I've been doing lots of black beans and corn.  Making soups with canned beans and broth and canned tomatoes thrown in and lots of different spices.  I keep wondering if I'm breaking any rules, so it will be great to have the book there.  I will read Chapters 2-6 at least three times. Promise. 

I feel like this site and the diet are a real blessing in my life.  And the idea that funds go to charities and research just makes it all the better.  God bless you.
Harriett
New, but learning

Post by Harriett »

I made the banana muffins with the chick pea flour&took them to another friend at Tops who has been recently diagnosed with Coeliac disesa she said it was the best she had tasted.If anyone has any other gluten free recipies I would be grateful to get them I was down another 1&1/2 llbs slow but steady&I am not craving sweets have been
able to pass them up now for 2 weeks. I can get the corn thins in Canada plus the chick pea flour my friends have checked it out for me. Also found the soy nuts without sugar or sweetner.I'm getting there Thank you all so much for all you help.God bless you all. Any other folks from Canada in the Ottawa area would be glad to hear from them
Blessings Harriett P.S I too am 72 will be 73 in July so there is hope for us all!!!
redrita
New, but learning

Post by redrita »

Hey guys - someone please tell me what are "corn thins"?
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Best Foods Original (flavor) Corn Thins.  Here's a picture of what they look like & a place to buy them if you can't find them in the grocery or health food store:  http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... 727#p42727

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage