Week 2- Hunger Substantially Down today!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
shemac
New, but learning

Week 2- Hunger Substantially Down today!

Post by shemac »

I'm ending my second week on LDL, and I was pleasantly surprised by how little I was able to eat today. I had a smoothie for breakfast, then 5 hours later got hungry for lunch, so I prepared my foods, and couldn't finish much of what I was expecting to eat  :D  I ate a cup of lentils, about half of my field greens with turkey, about half of my serving of mashed butter beans, and couldn't even look at the corn-on-the-cob. Four hours later I got hungry again, so I had the corn and a banana, and started to eat an apple but couldn't finish eating it. I was still feeling a bit too full a couple of hours later ( I tried to finish the apple, but just couldn't), so I went for a walk, and here I am, still pleasantly content!
I know we have fluctuations in our appetites, but on days when I work out, I'm usually unable to satisfy my hunger for very long. Besides the little walk this evening, I did my usual hour of speed walking/running that I do 3 times a week, so I should be starving!

I hope this means I've moved into the part of the program where you are satisfied with eating less and less. I don't have a lot of weight to loose, but I've struggled to loose the extra pounds from my last pregnancy for almost 7 years now. It is amazing to me that I am eating less without struggling, without angst, without feeling deprived.

Gratefully,
Sheila