I think I just ate a whole head of lettuce .....

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
racingbombshell
New, but learning

I think I just ate a whole head of lettuce .....

Post by racingbombshell »

I just wanted to share with everyone my love for salad... But can anyone give me some of their top favorite dressings to make or buy?? I will be checking out the salad post too!!

xoxoxxo Thank you
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Re: I think I just ate a whole head of lettuce .....

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

my fav 'good for you' dressing is an asian sesame ginger spray. now it's made by Eating Right which is a Safeway brand.  if you don't have a Safeway where you live...i'm sure other stores have something close to this.
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

ooo...Mary this ones good  :thumbsup:  no fat at all!  ;D  and it's so yummy!!
Believing I Can

Post by Believing I Can »

Many times I don't even use salad dressing.  I always keep a big pot of mixed bean soup in the fridge, and I just use several spoonfuls of that on my salad.  It doesn't sound like it would be good, but it is yummy!

Carol
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles (Song: Already Gone)
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I'm with you, Carol.  Many times I've been munching along, enjoying a big ol' bowl of fresh salad and I finish it without ever dipping my fork tines in the dressing.

Newbies, you can have any dressing, please choose lowfat no sugar whenever possible.  Roger's method of dipping your fork tines into it with every bite works for me when I remember to eat dressing.

Walden Farms has a whole line of fat free, sugar free, sodium free, calorie free dressings.  I passed the ingredients by Roger Troy and got his official okey dokey on them.  They are found in the refrigerated produce section by the Marie's.  Remember - don't drink it - just dip fork tines.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

We often take a bowl and fill it with lettuce and then pour our chili or soup over it and love it this way.  My lettuce is almost ready in the garden, looking forward to fresh greens.

Carrole