hope this isn't too personal...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
nho45
New, but learning

Re: hope this isn't too personal...

Post by nho45 »

Hi, all!  It's great to read about you.  I new - 3rd day & just 3 lbs down.  I'm 51 in NE Arkansas (Ozarks) have been married 31 yrs & have a 24 yr old son & 2 dogs.  I sure hope this works for me as well as it is for you!  I checked the website every night for inspiration from you all.  Pray for me & I will be praying for all of you!
I have the blue book & have read it cover to cover several times.  Surely, if this great man can lose as much as I weigh now, I can lose 50 or so pounds. I'm enjoying the food and since my hubby is a diabetic this is not too far from his way of eating.

Don't mean to ramble.  Keep inspiring me!!
3greatgifts

Post by 3greatgifts »

I'm 42 from Michigan....3 children: 12, 9 and 6.

Day 5 of LDL
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

We're so glad to have all of you with us!  LDL is such a life-changing step that we would like everyone who just wants to be slim and healthy to join us.  Welcome to nho45, 3greatgiftsm Mynx, annieR, leslie4buck...all of you who came here to find a difference.  You will!!

Pat
Last edited by patsyfay on May 26th, 2009, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Turning 6-zero on 06/06!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Wow!

This has been a busy place over the weekend!

I'm 50, and we live in the little town of St Maries in North Idaho.

Great to see so many new names and faces since I was here last Thursday!

God bless,
Terri
mikdar

Post by mikdar »

Nope, I am willing to tell about my walk through life.  As the saying goes, if we can not learn from the past then we will make the same mistakes in the futrue.  Hopfully talking about my mistakes will make someone think about not doing them. Ask away. 

Mike
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEt0sbM/]
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

Mike, ask away??  you didn't even answer the first questions...lol  ;) ;D :tongue: :tongue:

wow...sure is a nice turn out!  i'm excited to get to know all of you  :)
LeslieB
New, but learning

Post by LeslieB »

Hi Everyone,
I am 42 with a 21 month daughter and 8 month son.  I married and started babies later than most and being a mommy is awesome.  I have about 35lbs of baby weight to lose.  Today is my 1st day as an LDLer.  So far so good!  It's great to be here.
Leslie
Gretchen
New, but learning

Post by Gretchen »

I'm 41!!   Love being 41.  I wouldn't want to go back to my 20's or 30's for anything.  Life is settled now - calmer and more enjoyable.  Plus, with most of the kids being bigger, we can travel easier.  Life was so rushed when I was younger.  Small kids everywhere :) and so many activities to get to.  Now, it's just sit back and actually enjoy THEM.  lol.

I live in Tulsa.  Great little city.  I have 5 kids - a 20yo son, a 18yo daughter, a 16yo son, a 13yo daughter and a 3yo daughter.  I've been married since I was 18 - lol, yes, too young.  :)
Last edited by Gretchen on May 26th, 2009, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Welcome Leslie! It's good to have you here!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Gretchen!  How are things in Tulsey Town?

I grew up in Tulsa and it's still my hometown, even though I only lived there until my early 20's.  I'm 53 now.  I married a "doodlebugger" & travelled North America (& part of South America) with Seismograph Service Corp.  I spent so much time in Texas with SSC that I feel like it's my second home state.  Unfortunately marriage didn't last but I did get a beautiful daughter, Kayce, who is turning 30 this summer.

I transplanted to Clearwater on the Florida west coast almost 30 years ago, met & married Neil, a big Tennessee hillbilly, had another daughter, Michelle, who just turned 21 and lives with us most of the time.  Her BFF, Joe, is an art student in Sarasota who lives here as much as he lives on campus, so it's like having a wonderful grownup son, too.  You can see their pics & some of Joe's art on the LDL family photo gallery.  Kayce moved back "home" to Tulsa to get to know her birth father's people and start a life for herself out there.  Now she's a racecar driving redneck party girl with a great husband, daughter and a great job.  They live in Sapulpa and I never get to see them, BOO HOO.  I need to get their pics posted here.  Her hubby is a master mechanic at a big Ford dealership in Tulsa.  Don't now which one, but if you ever need your car serviced, you definitely have to look hiim up.  He's truly gifted.

So now Lizzy knows more about me than she ever wanted to and I get to visit with a "homey"!  LOL

I add my welcome to everyone new to Let's Do Lunch.  We are very glad you are all here.

Gwen
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 27th, 2009, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Wow Gwen! Your life sounds so full and interesting! It sounds like God has truly blessed you!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Gretchen
New, but learning

Post by Gretchen »

Hi Gwen,

T-Town is great.  You would be amazed at how it's grown.  It's a wonderful place to live.  I've lived here since I was 18.  Came out for school, got married almost a year later and stayed.  I grew up in Hershey, PA. and love PA too. 

Gretchen
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

hahaha...your too funny (again) Gwen!!  your daughter is a racecar driver?!  does that scare you at all?   
MissMellie

Post by MissMellie »

I'm turning 53 tomorrow and  became a first time grandmother to a beautiful baby boy on May 7th.  I live in Canton, GA. which is about 45 miles north of Atlanta. 
sfwilley56
New, but learning

Post by sfwilley56 »

Hi to All,
I am new to this board and to LDL. I can't wait to start tis way of eating, but have to wait to start until the week end...My name is Sharlene I live in Maine I am 53, have 4 grownchildren...3 daughters, (one that is deseaded) and 1 son, I have 10 grandchildren and one 4 year old step son...I have bee reading Bonnie HA's food jrn. And I have found some very wonderful posts from her and long to have the kind of faith and joy in my life that she seems to. Since my daughter died 4 years ago, I feel angry and hurt inside most of the time, I stopped taking care of myself and let myself get overweight and sloppy. And I just don't care what I look like most of the time...BUT I am tired of feeling bad and I am to young to feel this way the rest of my life. That is why I think these posts from all of you have begun to get through to the part of me that I have burried dep inside...I want to enjoy this life that God has given me and need help finding my way.....thanks to all of you for inspiring everyone else...you are all truly wonderful people, Sharlene
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

God did give you a wonderful life!!!  i know this is easier for me to say...as i have never lost a child but our God wanted your precious daughter to continue herself with him. ((hugs))  and a BIG WELCOME to you!!

i'm sorry about your son as well Bonnie!  i cannot imagine the pain you two have gone through. 

hope that wasn't too much for me to say to you Sharlene...after only computer 'knowing' you for 2 seconds :blush: i mean well! :kiss:
sfwilley56
New, but learning

Post by sfwilley56 »

Thank You and no not to much said...I need all the help I can get...LOL, Your daughter is a cutie...my grandchildren bring me great joy...BUT they are growing up to fast...I keep telling my oldest grand daughter that she better stop growing or else...she laughs and says Oh Nanny, you know I can't help it...they all have something very special about them and they are all so differant and I tank God everyday for them...have a good night...Sharlene
deeda

Post by deeda »

Sharlene,
I lost my younger brother 5 years ago, it was very hard for my mother for a couple of years.  We have such good memories of him that its been easier to deal.  Then Dec 1 2008 my father had a major stroke, we are so blessed that he's still with us, his journey is still in progress, he's doing better than anyone would have guessed.  I was close enough to hear our pastor whisper in my dad's ear something that truly move me "Remember Don, with God no matter which way this goes, you still a win".  God's with you and your daughter's with Him. 

Dee