hope this isn't too personal...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Re: hope this isn't too personal...

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

you guys are too kind!  :teeth:
sfwilley56
New, but learning

Post by sfwilley56 »

Good evening to all of my new friends that answered my post last night...I can't tell you how hearing your stories and welcoming remarks have already helped me...I know that my daughter is with God and I am happy for her...it is the rest of us that sadens me...she left behind 2 of the greatest kids, they are now 12 and 10. And they still look to me for answers and still feel a great sense of loss at holiday times...my daughter always made then so very special for all of us...Again thank you and God bless all of you. Sharlene
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

aaawwww Lizzy....a cutie, me at age 55?!?!  Aren't you sweet!  Thanks for noticing my siggy too!

Helloooooo fellow buckeye!  Nice to meet you withjoy, my neighbor.  I am up in the snow belt by the lake.  Go Cav's!

To all those who have struggled with life challenges and tragedies.......in everything give thanks!  That's what gets me through. 
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
totisguy

Post by totisguy »

Looks like I'm one of the few guys in this community (at least I haven't noticed too many others in my browsing so far).
I'm 41 and live in southeastern New Mexico.  Just celebrated my 9th wedding anniversary this week.  No kids . . . yet.
I'm hoping to persuade my wife to try LDL along with me.  I think she'd really enjoy the message boards.

Trivia:  The 40-ish lbs I want to lose is equivalent to the weight of a standard 5-gallon water cooler bottle.
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

I'm 55 and 1/2( good night I'm getting old), a registered nurse,pastors wife and mother of 4 kids, and 2 and a bit grandkids praise the Lord for ldl and getting us through this time, I know the Lord doesn't give you more than you can handle, and when he closes a door, he opens a window of escape.
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Totisguy,

Do feel bad my husband is also on ldl with us but I hog the computer because I like posting!!  *evil*  But I do tell him about everyone! He loves ldl and can't believe it is not one of those many starvation diets I have made him go on with me over the years!  ;D

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

we should pin this  :blush: :teeth:
dj goose
New, but learning

Post by dj goose »

Hey Y'all!!
I live in eastern Tennessee and will soon be 52!!  I married my high school sweetheart and we have one daughter.  We are empty nester's and are enjoying that!!  No grandkids yet (she been trying for 7 years, been married 11--saw one of you was on a fertility sight so I know what you mean).
ImageImageImageImageImage
bethp

Post by bethp »

HI, Everybody! I am 56 and live in Atlanta, GA! I am a pharmacist and a single mom of a 17 yo daughter. This past year has been rough due to my divorce after 25 years of marriage, my daughter's emotional problems/hospitalizations and illicit drug use (she's clean now and I praise God) so we're both in therapy AND life is good! I told someone the other day I feel like my like is a roller coaster and they told me that roller coasters stop! So LDL and this board have given me a happy outlet. Sometimes I just like to read the posts. I feel like I know all of you. Even though our journeys are different, there are so many that are the same. This community is amazing and full of love!
  :rose: Thanks, everybody! Beth
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

Bless you heart Beth!  you have been through a lot lately!  well you'll like it here...everyone is so much fun!
Last edited by MissBizzyLizzy on June 4th, 2009, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yourdish

Post by yourdish »

I am "40" with 25 years of experience.  Get it, I'm actually 65.

All those years of shunning sweets, eating only health food,  organic meats, fruit , veggies, and other varieties of "clean living" have been kind. I believe  I have the "healthiest" most well-nourished fat in town.(all those nuts, seeds, grains and cheeses...)  Hope I never meet a practicing cannibal, 'cuz I'd be prime noshing.

We have three grown kids, one mentally disabled (autistic) in a group home, and two brilliant kids doing their things in Seattle and Korea. We live in the Kansas City area.

yourdish  (Meg)
Happiness is frozen grapes and warm friends!

Give in to your bean cravings!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyfSlc2/
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

nice to meet ya Meg!  ;D  oh and i got it...lol :laughing:
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

welcome Yourdish!! You are really funny, hope to hear more from you!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

:D I sure have enjoyed reading about each and everyone who chose to let us in a little on their life,  does that mean  I'm nosy, oh well if it does so be it.  I'm back here in my fifth wheel, had to leave dh behind while I go to work for the week, am taking a time from some others, and planning ahead.  I made the chicken/corn chowder today, and have some vegetable soup in the freezer, almost time to make another batch, and also going to try the tomato soup.  have stocked my fridge with fruits and veggies, a couple of chicken breasts I grilled night before last and so should be good to go for a few days.
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Hi everyone:

41, married, no kids, two beautiful dogs.  We live in Southern California (but I am from the east coast and you while you can take a girl out of new jersey (and new york) you can't take new jersey out of the girl).  I have said it before and will say it again, this is a fantastic, supportive, awesome community to which I am very grateful.  I look forward to going through this journey with the other newbies and learning tricks from the pros along the way.

Tiss
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

yourdish wrote:I am "40" with 25 years of experience.  Get it, I'm actually 65.

All those years of shunning sweets, eating only health food,  organic meats, fruit , veggies, and other varieties of "clean living" have been kind. I believe  I have the "healthiest" most well-nourished fat in town.(all those nuts, seeds, grains and cheeses...)  Hope I never meet a practicing cannibal, 'cuz I'd be prime noshing.

Welcome funny girl. :rose:  If there's any thing we like almost as well as LDL, it's a good belly laugh! *evil*!

Loved your post and laughed so hard I spewed my drink out of my nose.  About those practicing cannibals, I'd be "prime noshing", too--especially at a cannibal family reunion.  Just one GEM "serves many," with enough leftovers for Sunday Dinner, village style.  :sick: :laughing:
GEM
Basket Lady

Post by Basket Lady »

I will be 57 years young this Jul and currently living in VA. 
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZlJ3yw/]
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

I'm going to be 61 in July. My husband and I are the proud parents of 7 children in our blended family having survived divorce. We have almost 11 grandchildren and are enjoying our retirement years on a small farm in central MN where we raise chickens, sell eggs, collect maple sap which we process into 100% pure maple syrup that we share with family and friends while doing a bit of caregiving for family and friends. "Life is Good" as my son is famous for saying! :) Eljayne
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

47 in april

renee
jlacotta
New, but learning

Post by jlacotta »

Hi, I am 58 turning 59 in December, just had a grandson (Austen) last December and he is growing sooo fast!!  I live in Sunny So. Arizona.  I really like seeing where everyone is from.  I have been on other message boards before where everyone states where they are from. 
What We do does not Define Us. What Defines Us is how Well We Rise after Falling!