hope this isn't too personal...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
t-rock
Master Member

Re: hope this isn't too personal...

Post by t-rock »

Hi Harriett: 

I am not from Canada but my wonderful Mum was from Toronto and my dad grew up in Montreal, so I have a LOT of Canadian blood.  Nicest people in the world !

Welcome,

Tiss
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

and no hoops to jump through either.  just good nourishing food, and enough that you are never feeling starved, thankyou Lord
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

mom wrote:and no hoops to jump through either.  just good nourishing food, and enough that you are never feeling starved, thankyou Lord

Amen to that, Mom!

GEM...Booked on the

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
stephyanders

Post by stephyanders »

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!!!
sherrylynn
New, but learning

Post by sherrylynn »

I am 35, and from a small town in Illinois. 
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5Rfgbz/]
[/url]
vleller

Post by vleller »

Hey Honeygram, my anniversary is also June 6 - D Day, as my BIL enjoyed pointing out to us that day. He was trying to jinx us but the laugh is on him as this is our 39th year.  Which makes it hard to decipher when I'm only 29!   ;)

Living in North AL.

Lynn
Last edited by vleller on June 22nd, 2009, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

your husband married a babe
tarcyr
New, but learning

Post by tarcyr »

heck, I don't think this is too personal at ALL!  I am almost 39 - live in New Mexico.  I was married now divorced w/ 2 kids, engaged again now w/ 1 step child -- I am actually looking to possibly have another child - but my weight is what was keeping me back.  But I LOVE LDL and only been living this way for 3 weeks! 
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

I've been celebrating my 39th for 15 years only because I had a brother law go bonkers that he was turning 40.  I live in sunny Florida (when it's not raining) in Sanford.  I'm from Wisconsin--yeah I was a cheese head, better than a beer fart!

I married my dive buddy and we've been bubbling along now for 23 years.  My one and only is 17 and is spending five weeks at La No Che boy scout camp giving back what he's received from that great organization.  Mind you that's five weeks in a tent in Central Florida for take home pay that doesn't reach three digits!

RB Kayaking
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

your poor son...sounds very HOT!!!  lol  kids love that though!  :thumbsup:
Ritarh

Post by Ritarh »

Hey Lizzy,  I will be 60 in July.  I live in Warner Robins, GA with my little mini dachshund Hannah.  Between work, church and taking care of her, I really do have a full life.  And much fuller since I came to know all of you lovely ladies (and gents)!! 

This has been such a blessing for me.  I have never gotten on any kind of board, just because I really didn't think a stranger would care what I thought or did.  Boy, when it comes to this site, it really takes the cake!!!!  I just love reading everyone's post (which I think has become an addiction for me) because I just can't hardly stand for a day to go by without reading about my newfound friends and how they are doing.

It has really been interesting to read all of these posts and learn more about all of you.  Thanks for the suggestion Lizzy! 

Rita
kristine13826
New, but learning

Post by kristine13826 »

I'm 57  and from upstate rural new york. I remember 32 that's a really nice age!  :thumbsup: Old enough to feel like a babe and young enough to have energy and vitality. I am heading for my 60s now  they say 50 and feeling foxy what are  the 60s supposed to be like  60 and feeling what?

life is like a kaladaiscope~~ to change the picture, just shift your point of view a bit!
Last edited by kristine13826 on June 22nd, 2009, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

kristine13826 wrote:I'm 57  and from upstate rural new york. I remember 32 that's a really nice age!  :thumbsup: Old enough to feel like a babe and young enough to have energy and vitality. I am heading for my 60s now  they say 50 and feeling foxy what are  the 60s supposed to be like  60 and feeling what?

life is like a kaladaiscope~~ to change the picture, just shift your point of view a bit!

Welcome Kristine...

To paraphrase you, I remember 57; that's a really nice age.  But I'm not complaining.  At my age, I'm happy to remember anything.  Isn't 60 supposed to be the new 40?  I've also heard women and men in their 60s described as "s a f e l y   s e x y."  I buy into that one.  Heck, I even bought the true believer's t-shirt that states:  

[size=160]
I'd rather be 60 than fertile!

Whatever the age, wear it with pride.  As the old golfer said to another ancient duffer, "Every morning I wake up on this side of the green is a blessing."

GEM
Last edited by GEM on June 23rd, 2009, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

:kissed:
GEM
bethp

Post by bethp »

Welcome all!! This is a great place to be!!
HI, Gem! I agree with you. Ever since you brought up the dying rabbit bit,  :shock: I think "oh, NO, been there, done that!" I love her but I am ready to coast into retirement!!!!
Have a great day, everybody! Glad to be back! Life is great with LDL!
Hugs to all, Beth  *hug*  *hug*  *hug*
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
ready4achange

Post by ready4achange »

I just turned 38 on the 19th.  I have been married for 18 years and we have been together for 21.  We have a daugther that will turn 14 on the 27th.  I am originally from Southern CA, but have lived in Fredericksburg,VA since I was about 9.  I just  *love* the boards!  They are so informative and encourageing!!  I am so glad Roger Troy and God gave this to everyone!  Thank you.
ImageImage
junsam

Post by junsam »

Hello Lizzy,

I am 31 and am a Native Oregonian.  I live in Southern Oregon, Medford to be exact.

Nice to meet you!

Dorothy
Last edited by junsam on June 26th, 2009, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Dorothy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
scottishgrlgs
New, but learning

Post by scottishgrlgs »

Hi, I'm getting ready to turn 38 on Sunday. I am from Virginia Beach,VA.
Gail
kristine13826
New, but learning

Post by kristine13826 »

Hey Gem  that's pretty neat!  Guess  the 60s ARE something to look forward to!!!  lols lols
thanks all for the nice welcomes! :-))) I posted a bean cake recipe for you all on the general discussion pages . I found it in  a veg news magazine. Should work great with the lets do lunch scene!

have a great day  ya all!

Kristine
Shera

Post by Shera »

Hi Lizzy,
  I am 53 and live in Southern Oregon.
Junsam (2 posts up ) is my wonderful daughter! I think she is checking the board from work this morning??????
;D
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

HI there Shera and junsam....fellow oregonians!!  :thumbsup:  same state...that's neat. i'm by eugene...so about 3 hrs away.  maybe we'll have to meet up sometime...LDL  :teeth: :D