hope this isn't too personal...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
southernyankee

Re: hope this isn't too personal...

Post by southernyankee »

Hi y'all! I'm 59 and holding....until February and I celebrate my 60th. I am looking forward to it because life just keeps getting better.
I'm "from" New England, have lived in 10 states all over the map as a military spouse and am currently - permanently, G-d willing - planted in the great state of Texas. Hence, my name of southernyankee.
southernyankee
needwife

Post by needwife »

48 and feeling great. :thumbsup: needwife
Last edited by needwife on August 6th, 2009, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Hi,
i am 42 ~not fully grown up yet from Hamburg Germany.

Chrissy
tressa
New, but learning

Post by tressa »

I am 34 almost 35, and I live in North Dakota.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

ChrissyV wrote:Hi,
i am 42 ~not fully grown up yet from Hamburg Germany.

Chrissy
Hahaha!  Gotta love that!  Come to think of it, when I was in my 40's I was still trying to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up.  Greetings to you Chrissy in Hamburg!
mrsj
Andrea In FL
New, but learning

Post by Andrea In FL »

Howdy,

I think it's great to hear a bit about others.  I'm 54 yrs (YOUNG), originally from Long Island, NY.  I've been divorced for 7 yrs now (and that's a good thing..LOL) and now live in So. Florida.  I feel like I've finally found a wonderful way of eating and haven't eaten this healthy in many years!!  :thumbsup:
Gratefully losing
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Lizzy,

I will be 47 in October but I don't feel like it. 

I've been married to my husband for 28 years. He was a blind date that my girlfriend and her boyfriend fixed me up with in High School.

We have two sons, ages 24 and 20. We also have two tiger cats.

We live in North Tampa

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on August 31st, 2009, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I'm 69 with two children, 50 and 47.  We have 5 grandchildren 26-18.  We have no great grandchildren-Something to look forward to. I do have a little dog named Trinket-she's a baby.  I really miss the little ones.  I live in Southern Ohio right beside the Beautiful Ohio River. I was in Grant's Pass in July--Beautiful part of our US.  We went on a Jet boat down the Rogue River.  We've been married 51 years.  We love Jesus and are so glad to be part of LDL group.  My only regret is that I didn't hear about it sooner.  It's the first time in my adult life that I have really enjoyed the food I like and still my clothes are all beginning to get loose. The most amazing thing is, I'm not hungry.  You are so cute.  Joyful Friend
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

This was fun reading all the different places people live.  I am 43 with my loving husband and two teen age boys 16 and 19.  We live in California.  Who else lives in California?  It's a big state, there has to be one or two more. 
redkat

Post by redkat »

After reading 13 pages on this thread, I haven't seen anyone else from Louisiana.  I live in a small town just outside of Baton Rouge, La.  I'm 54, single (again) and have two grown daughters, one married w/an 11-year old son and a 5-year old daughter.  The other daughter is still single.

I've only been doing LDL for about 1 1/2 weeks.  So far, so good.  I spent some time yesterday cooking meals for the week.  I work two jobs and have NO time during the week.  Fortunately, I have found that a lot of the recipes make lots and will re-heat well for lunches.  I either eat some kind of bean salad or fruit at night.

Kathy
Kathy
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

redkat,

My father was from Abbeville. Most of my relatives live there and in Lafayette.

CQ
redkat

Post by redkat »

CQ, then you KNOW how good the food is here!
Kathy
Kathy
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

redkat,

I'm Cajun. Of course I do :thumbsup:

CQ
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

I'm glad this made it back to the top of the board because somehow I missed it.  I read all of the 13 pages also and didn't discover anyone from New Hampshire. I am 67 years old and live in Gilford. I look out my kitchen window at the largest lake in NH (Lake Winnipesaukee) and all of the mountains that surround it. I love it here! I have lived in NH for 13 years (my husband is from here), but am orginally from Racine, Wisconsin.  I will be returning to Racine on Sept. 17th for my 50th high school class reunion and will be staying with my daughter who is 40. She has given me 3 beautiful grand-daughters (16, 14, and 6) and I can't wait to see them -- it's been 2 years!  I also have a son, who is 42 and has no children but two lovely step-daughters.  He and his wife are going to be moving from Milford, NH to Mason, Ohio the first week of October -- now I have an excuse to visit Ohio!

Thanks to all of you supportive LDLers for helping me stay on my way to Skinnytown.  I am going to look really hot for my reunion  :D
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

redkat...i was born there...does that count...lol
Carole H
New, but learning

Post by Carole H »

Wanted to get in on this thread.  Seems it started some time ago.  I read the first 6 pages but decided to reply before reading the rest.  I'm from W. KY also as are Pat & Lizzy.  Hopkinsville is where I was born and have lived most of my 62 years (63 in Dec.)  Married 45 years with 2 children (girl 44, & boy 41) 8 grandchildren, ages 11 to 20 with a great granddaughter due on Christmas day from my eldest granddaughter!    Retired now so I find myself on this computer much more than I should.  Really enjoying these messages, though.  You're all so encouraging!  Blessings.........Carole
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I'm surprised I never replied to this thread.  I've been here since May 25.  I'm 62, live in northwest Ohio near Toledo and Denny and I just celebrated our 43rd anniversary.  We have three sons, 39, 37, and 35.  Three wonderful daughter-in-laws, two grandsons 7 and 8, and 7 year old twin granddaughters.  We are very blessed.  Pam
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Hi, I've been here since Sept 8th, 2009.  I'm 54 years old, and I live in Burleson TX, just outside of Fort Worth off I-35.  But I was born-ed in Panama City Florida, but got to Texas as fast as I could.  Moved to Houston Texas when I was 15.  I have been married twice, first husband was Joe  and we were married 2 years and 8 months when he died on April 23, 2006, while attending church service Sunday night.  After being a widow 2 years I then married my second husband Warren on May 10th, 2008.  I have no children of my own, but between the 2 husbands, I have 15 stepchildren, 28 step grandchildren and 8 stepgreat grand children and one on the way.  Some of the kids I still talk with and some I have never seen, but may one of these days.  And I love LDL.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Carole H
New, but learning

Post by Carole H »

Oops, I said I thought Lizzy was from Western Ky, too but it was Lisa and Pat.  Where in W. KY are you both.  I'm from Hopkinsville.  Blessings.......Carole
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I am 41 years young!