hope this isn't too personal...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
niki
Administrator

Re: hope this isn't too personal...

Post by niki »

sfwilley56 wrote: Since my daughter died 4 years ago, I feel angry and hurt inside most of the time, I stopped taking care of myself and let myself get overweight and sloppy.........I want to enjoy this life that God has given me and need help finding my way.....thanks to all of you for inspiring everyone else...you are all truly wonderful people,

i'm sorry for what you've gone through, sharlene...i've lost both my parents but i've never lost a child...........what i DO know is that whatever i've EVER gone through, the Lord has seen me through and i know He'll see YOU through also.....PRAISE GOD...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I am 55 and from the wonderful state of Ohio!  Yep, I love living here, snow and all.

It was interesting to read this thread.  I hope to be getting to know all of you better as I continue with this way of eating. 
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

thank you Sharlene for the nice comment about my daughter.  she is my world. well my three boys are too but come on...there is something to be said about having a princess.

hi Kathie (at least i take it that's your name...by your siggy  ;) )  just wanted to say...aren't you a cutie?!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

BUT I am tired of feeling bad and I am to young to feel this way the rest of my life. That is why I think these posts from all of you have begun to get through to the part of me that I have burried dep inside...I want to enjoy this life that God has given me......

Sharlene, I'm so sorry for your loss and can not imagine how terribly hard this has been for you.
I'm very glad you have come to the LDL site..........I believe God has led a lot of us here and probably all of us.
Just wanted to welcome you.
Hugs & Prayers,
mrsj

nho45
New, but learning

Post by nho45 »

Sharlene- I'm so sorry for your loss.  We lost my dear brother 4 1/2 yr ago just 3 weeks before his 50th d'day. Motorcycle accident.  It was so devastating for all of us but the toll it took on my parents was unbelievable. I literally saw them age 10 yrs in just days.  They have never really recovered.  I have to stay strong for them. Daddy is battling cancer & Mother has osteoporosis & heart problems.  They strong & healthy before the accident. My point is that you have to take care of yourself.  Your daughter would not want you to mourn the rest of your life.  Embrace the wonderful memories you have and take care of yourself for the rest of your family, yourself and the Lord that loves you so deeply that He was willing to die on a cross for you! I hope you are involved in a loving church family as I am.  That is a big plus! Also know that this group is an extension of your family & we care for you and your wellbeing.  Netia
Gretchen
New, but learning

Post by Gretchen »

Sharlene,

The fact that you are here and looking for answers is a major step forward.  Instead of feeling such great sadness at the loss of your daughter (I know it's not easy to feel any other way) try to remember all the joy she brought into your life.  Think of her life as a blessing to yours and try to be grateful that God blessed you so much with the time she spent with you. 
My dad passed away when I was 7.  My brother, who was 5 1/2 years older than me and like a second dad, passed away saving the lives of new recruits on a cliff during military training when a storm came up unexpectedly and he was struck by lightning (it was his day off) when I was 20.  I've lost 3 children at around 5 months of pregnancy and my beautiful little angel Jasmine passed away 10 years ago.  I, too, fell hard.  The depression (didn't know that was what it was at the time) caused me to "forget" long periods of time and the weight came on.  It took me a long time to realize that instead of being sad, I should rejoice.  Every single day with each of them was a special gift from God.  I celebrate our time together now and when I think of them, I always smile and a warm peace fills my soul.  I'm sure your daughter was an amazing blessing to you.  Try to smile and find the joy she gave you, instead of dwelling on the whys and sadness.  I've found it's a much better way to honor their lives and strengthen your faith for tomorrow. 
My thoughts and prayers are with you,
Gretchen
Maddy Butler
New, but learning

Post by Maddy Butler »

Hey Lizzy

I just turned 53 last week ( actually I call it 30 with 23 years of experience). I am from Germany.

Have a great day,
Maddy

MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

Gretchen...wow...you sound like an amazingly strong woman!  good for you and ((hugs))  that is a lot to swallow for one person and you seem to have such a great attitude towards it all.

Maddy...althought i'm only 32...i am already say 29 again  ;) 
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Gretchen,

Thank you so much for sharing some of your history and your great truth about the blessings these people were in your life. Life is for rejoicing...the enemy is always trying to steal it from us.  Thanks for the reminder.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Maddy Butler
New, but learning

Post by Maddy Butler »

Lizzy,

You sure don't look 32  :)
Maddy

electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Maddy,

I love what you said about your age!! I haven't heard that one before, that's a good one!

:laughing:
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

aww...thanks Maddy!  just out of curiosity...how old do i look  :blush: :D
deeda

Post by deeda »

deeda

Post by deeda »

but I'm a terrible guesser, the older I get the younger everyone else looks
withjoy
New, but learning

Post by withjoy »

turkkm wrote:I am 55 and from the wonderful state of Ohio!  Yep, I love living here, snow and all.

It was interesting to read this thread.  I hope to be getting to know all of you better as I continue with this way of eating. 

oh goodie!  i'm from ohio too!  good to see a fellow buckeye!
although i'm really a newbie here ... i'm 58 at the moment .. but i'm finding i'm much younger (and skinnier too lol) in my mind.  it's so funny how everyone around is growing up and older ...  ;)
GreatDaneLady
New, but learning

Post by GreatDaneLady »

I'm on step parent sites as well as fertility and health sites, at this point hardly anything is sacred.  I'm 32.  I have worked REALLY hard in the last 6 months to lose 16 pounds.  I'm hoping LDL will make this battle go faster!

The only reason I don't post the state I'm in is because my husband's ex CONSTANTLY tries to stalk me on the internet  :thumbdown: and I try to make it harder for her to find me *sigh*

The thing I've noticed the last 3 days is that the horrible sugar and carb cravings I ALWAYS battle have just disappeared!  It's a miracle in and of itself!
Phentermine support group!Image
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Hey Greatdanelady! It is great to have you here with us!! I am so sorry that you are having so many struggles. Just remember that God only gives us what He knows we can handle and He walks with us through all of them!  :)  You said you are on health sites so I assume you are having some health issues. Hopefully ldl will correct some of those problems for you. I know that for me, by the 3rd day I was completely off of my allergy medicine and even with it I had allergy attacks everyday. Those are gone now and I have not had one allergy attack since. I hope to eventually have my doctor take me off of my high blood pressure medicine. You can go to the Medical Success Stories messages and see many people who have been helped or even cured of medical issues all thanks to ldl (Given by God of course!! :) ). Anyway I look forward to being on this journey of good health with you!!

God bless,
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
GreatDaneLady
New, but learning

Post by GreatDaneLady »

Thank you for the encouragement!  I was just chatting with my friend about this and told her that in 3 days I've noticed that my severe stomach cramps have disappeared and I haven't thrown up at night for 3 nights!  That in and of itself is a miracle.  I have thrown up almost every night for 9 years!  I have more hope for this diet than I have for any diet I've ever tried!

BTW how is everyone posting the tickers...I tried copying and pasting code in my signature box, but it doesn't work.
Phentermine support group!Image
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

That is so amazing!! I am so glad to hear that you are already feeling better! I know I hate to throw up I can't imagine having to do it every night!  :sick:  I look forward to hearing from you even more to tell of how ldl is making you feel better.

About the tickers,
I got this from a post that Bonnie made, I hope it works!:

Tickers are fun and easy.  Here's how ya do it ... thanks to Gwen:

TICKERS:  When you click on anyone's ticker, it takes you to the tickerfactory.com website where you can customize your own.  At the bottom of the first page you click to save & continue to the next page.  When you're finished, scroll down to the bottom & look for the "BB" (bulletin board) code.  Copy the whole thing & paste it into the signature box of your profile.

To open & edit your profile, click on your screen name, or on "PROFILE" in the dark blue band above this message window to the left.  Look for "Modify Profile" in the menu on the left and click on "Forum Profile Information".  That's where the signature box is where you paste the BB code (delete any text from in the little box first).

Good luck and God Bless!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Maddy Butler
New, but learning

Post by Maddy Butler »

Lizzy,

you look more like beginning 23-25. Much like my daughter who is 24
Maddy