FEELING BAD INSTEAD OF GOOD?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Bonnie CHA!

Re: FEELING BAD INSTEAD OF GOOD?

Post by Bonnie CHA! »

Mary,

Thank you so much for that! 
I personally haven't experienced anything physically notable, but have seen some posts about headaches. 
I think there may also be a similar 'mood' transition, where one might feel a bit "blue".  I did experience a little of that, personally.  As I stopped masking my emotions by stuffing my mouth with food, I'm having to face some personal things.

The bright side is, that I feel more lucid and in control now...  I actually "think" instead of eat!  I'm enlightened!
*love*
On the journey....

Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Thank you Mary for that post. It certainly is all too common and it is nice to see that it is normal and that good things are actually happening in your body even if you don't feel like it. The first 3 days were bad for me...headache and generally crabby because I didn't feel good, but if you hang in there..drink water and keep going like you should...you will wake up one morning and find a brand new world!

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

Thanks Mary for the great info...I experienced the same thing when I started LDL and still do if I indulge too much ...Add lemon to your water and it will alkaline your body faster...I also drink distilled water at home...It purifies your body...

God Bless All of You Today
Preachwife
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Great post, Mary!

I'm also impressed that your learning Medical terminology :thumbsup: If you ever decide to give up being a "Wedding Planner" maybe I can hook you up with a "new career." ;)

preachwife,

Distilled water is the best water you can drink.

Make sure your lemons are organic because the pesticides in the peel will cause your water to become acidic instead of alkaline.

CQ
Danny
New, but learning

Post by Danny »

Thank-you so much Mary! I'm 14 and I've been eating (well sneaking I should say) alot junk all my life. So starting LDL on Monday (so I've been on it for 3 and a half days) and having a couple peices of fruit for breakfast was the most fruit I've had in one day for years, let alone the smoothie and rasins later. But on tuesday I felt a bit of a headache. So I took some ibuprofen and left it at that. The next day It got a bit worse so I took a couple ibuprofin a few times that day. But later that night I began to feel absolutly horrible all over. My headache is horrible and my body seemed to be rejecting every motion I made. I got worried so I posted something on the forums and someone told me to check out this post. I decided to stop taking the ibuprofin because I feel like that may lengthen the detoxicating process. Would you say I should keep doing that? I mean its barely worth it I think but I'm not really sure. How long do you think this will keep going? Thanks again for this information!

-Dan  ;D
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Dan
Are you eating enough at lunch?  I also get headaches when I don't eat enough and am running on hungry. JJ
Danny
New, but learning

Post by Danny »

jjelli wrote:Dan
Are you eating enough at lunch?   I also get headaches when I don't eat enough and am running on hungry. JJ

I believe I'm eating plenty at lunch and plenty of protien at lunch. Although after eating that protien is when I felt the best that was short lasted.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Danny,

So glad you were able to find Mary's post. I couldn't recall the name of the effect.

Make sure to drink enough water as well. Dehydration can also cause headaches. Most people don;t realize how little water they drink but when you cut out all the sugar drinks you have to pay attention to that.

Hope you feel better. And I don't think the IB will be bothersome in the detox process. Take what you can to help you through.

Julie :rose:
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

CodingQueen: Thanks for the info about lemons...What if I peeled them first?

God Bless You
Preachwife
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

preachwife,

Organic is always the best choice but unfortunately with today's economy it's not always affordable.

If you plan to peel your produce then the nonorganic is fine as long as you soak it for about 20-30 minutes in a sink full of water with 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide. It won't remove all the pesticides but it will help reduce the amount that your body will absorb.

Always peel produce that has been waxed such as cucumbers, apples, etc.

CQ
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

preachwife,

I also meant to clarify my previous statement about distilled water. It's only the best water to drink when you are trying to detox. When you use distilled water there are no minerals in it, therefore, giving it the ability to grab onto toxins in your body. Over time it will begin to deplete your body's minerals and cause you to have an acidic state (you need minerals to alkaline your blood).

After you have detoxed then you need to drink spring or filtered water. NEVER TAP!

Also, allowing distilled water to come in contact with the air for a period of time can be harmful (in otherwords, don't take forever to drink it). Without the minerals it can absorb the carbon monoxide in the air. That's it's job, to absorb toxins.

CQ
Danny
New, but learning

Post by Danny »

:happy: I woke up today with nuthin but a bit of a headache. I'm great! Thanks to all! i drank plenty of water to flush it out and I got a great nights sleep! Fortunatly I didn't have to go see the doctor. I had a plan to but its a miracle its gone like this! Thanks again and God Bless al of you!

-Dan  ;D
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Danny!  What great news!  That's fabulous. I am so happy for you and pleased that it passed so quickly. Now that you have gotten rid of those pesky toxins, you will really see all the benefits of eating LDL.

Julie :rose:
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Mary
I am bringing this back to the top as there are some that still need to read this.
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
momx2boys
New, but learning

Post by momx2boys »

Clown Lady I found the info you were refering to. It is exciting to have results even if it is a headache and know it is something positive. im going to keep reading.
Judy-Reno

Post by Judy-Reno »

Mary--thank you for your explanation.  I came to the site looking to see if my feeling tired and irritable was just something I had to put up with for a bit.  This is day 5 for me, and I've been following the plan closely, allowing myself to eat popcorn and now edamame if I am hungry between meals. 

I think I'll start drinking distilled water until I feel better.  I use a PUR filter for all my drinking water and ice, but if my body is getting rid of toxins, the distilled water may be even better.

May I be pleasing to Him!