FEELING BAD INSTEAD OF GOOD?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Re: FEELING BAD INSTEAD OF GOOD?

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

what is the difference between distilled and filtered water?  i'm curious how it helps with detox?  i guess i could google it...lol
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Lizzy,

Filtered water still contains minerals that you're body needs. Distilled water has had everything removed. In other words, you could be in a bathtub full of distilled water and a hair dryer could fall in and you wouldn't be electrocuted because there wouldn't be anything in the water to conduct the electricity.

It's great for detox because it absorbs everything.

CQ
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Has anyone tried it??  jj

just kidding
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Lizzy,

Just remember to stop drinking distilled water after you've completed a detox. Your body needs minerals and the distilled water will continue to rob your body of the minerals you need once it has removed all the toxins. Switch to filtered or Spring water to drink on a daily basis.

CQ
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

I have been drinking distilled water for a good 6 years.. It was explained to me that I get my minerals from other means like the fruits, veggies, meat etc.. I know my water cooler even though I clean it out every 4 months never has anything in it.. sound to me it is good stuff... I did a search abut the answers are varied ..
Last edited by lulu65 on March 26th, 2010, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Since distilled water doesn't have any minerals in it...it will act as a leach and draw from our bodies in order to balance itself out. That's why it's great to use for a detox.

Over a period of time you will be putting yourself at risk for osteoporosis and other diseases. Plus, distilled water is highly acidic and we're already acidic enough. Remember, cancer loves acid.

CQ
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Don't know if it's true or not, but I also read that distilled water is more acid-forming in the body (perhaps because of its "empty" state that absorbs minerals, which are mostly alkaline).

Doesn't it often seem like things are good for our health in one respect, and not so good in another!  :wacko:

Terri
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Terri,

You're correct. That's why distilled water is only good for a detox. We really need to drink only filtered or spring water when we're not on a detox. Yes, there is plenty of water in the fruit that we eat but our bodies are made up of water and we need it to sustain life in addition to the fruit. There has been a lot of debate about my last statement but they are finding out that our brains don't function at their best without it.

CQ
Sharlet2808
New, but learning

Post by Sharlet2808 »

I just feel weak.  How long would it take to get through the initial detox?

Sheila
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWDBsfw/]
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

and I took CQ's advice or posting and while I still buy distilled water I add cell food to it to get my minerals... In fact I find that CQ has much very good info for folks who are willing to follow her suggestions..
I never felt I was on a detox though with distilled water and I drink a good 64 + oz per day..
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I am glad I saw this.  I have had bad headaches the last few days.  What about nausea? For some reason, I have been nauseated just in the mornings the last few days, this morning it was really bad.  After I eat my refried beans and eggs, it does go away.  Just curious if anyone else has had that.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Jencita- Sounds like "morning sickness" to me *evil*!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Exactly what I was thinking  ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, the nausea may go along with the headache you are not aware of and the headache & nausea are addiction withdrawl symptoms. Ask a heroin addict what they feel when they are withdrawing.  Just keep eating LDL food and all that will go away.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

LOL! I was actually thinking that it does feel just like morning sickness but its not.  THe headaches are severe.  Does anyone know how long the headaches usually last?
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

When I quit caffine (twice at the bvirth of my children) it took a good week before they stopped.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
javabean
New, but learning

Post by javabean »

Excellent comment, CodingQueen. You can't stay on distilled water from what I've read. Spring water would likely not have the flouride in it, too. This is why I would drink spring vs filtered tap. People on well systems are likely in better shape than those on fluoridated tap water. Look at all the foods with bromine in them, too. Mtn Dew pop is just one of many products using bromine, in the form of BVO. Many citric acid sodas have bromine for anti-separation characteristics. Many bread makers have, for years, used bromine as a dough conditioning agent(they used to use iodine). I know Pepperidge Farm made the choice to avoid bromine. I called Aunt Millies and they said they don't use it either(brominated flour). Bromine and fluoride interferes with thyroid function. That's why when people start taking iodine they often notice weight loss and other benefits(after sometimes feeling bad for a few days due to the detox). Just this year, Gatorade announced they would NOT put bromine in their product(they use BVO).

CodingQueen wrote:Lizzy,

Just remember to stop drinking distilled water after you've completed a detox. Your body needs minerals and the distilled water will continue to rob your body of the minerals you need once it has removed all the toxins. Switch to filtered or Spring water to drink on a daily basis.

CQ