Stomach cramps

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Gretchen
New, but learning

Stomach cramps

Post by Gretchen »

Hi everyone,

I just finished my second day (almost) and was looking at all the posts where people talk about having some stomach cramps for the first couple of days.  I've had a few, but not bad. 
After reading those posts, I handed my laptop over to my daughter and turned on the TV.  I had recorded Oprah earlier and wanted to see what it was about.  Talk about timing.  Dr. Oz was on explaining a few things and one of them was about the stomach cramps.  He said that when we eat the processed foods and the sugars we get bacteria built up in our digestive tract that takes time to pass through.  When people switch over to a high fiber meal plan - like LDL - the fiber going in is just what the bacteria love.  They eat it up as it is passing through and the bi-product of that is bloating and gas.  It takes about 2 or 3 days to pass all of that unprocessed food bacteria, fiber, gassy mix out of your tract.  After that, you start to feel great because the fiber filled foods travel faster and easier through your body.  The feeling of cramps is actually a good thing because it is proof that your body is actually starting to work properly and more efficiently.

Gretchen