frustrated in san diego

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
t-rock
Master Member

frustrated in san diego

Post by t-rock »

Hi LDL community:

I started the program today and I feel fantastic.  So I called my 82 year old dad in NJ (which I do everyday) and told him how excited I was about this plan and how perhaps my 13 year old niece in NJ (who is sadly obese) might benefit as well.  He told me it was all a bunch of bs and it's just calories in and calories out.  It makes me more determined than before to prove him wrong.  My entire life it's been "well, it's just calories in and calories out, I am an engineer, I know".....It is people like this that need to be educated and know that these programs work ! 
Sweet_Pea

Re: frustrated in san diego

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi t-rock,

Welcome to ldl.  So nice to have you join us eating healthy and losing weight at the same time.

Sorry your dad doesn't understand this way of eating.  None of us did until we read the book and saw how Roger's life changed.  It was such an inspiration to me that I got on the boards right away and looked up the success stories.  This truly convinced me and started Oct 1, 2008.  I feel better, act better, have more energy, and lost a little weight also.  I still can't believe we can eat these wonderful fruits and vegetables and still lose weight.  I'm sure your dad will notice soon what this program will do for you also.

Keep on t-rock and God bless you.

Hugs, Carrole
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

Dear t-rock,

What I have learned in life is all we can do is be the example and plant the seeds.  Then we have to let go.  I congratulate you on your success of beginning.  When you focus on your own program people will be attracted to your success.  Those you can help.  The others will find their way in other ways or not.  That's their God given choice.

Best to you always.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

t-rock:

I just got back from Jersey and when my mother (86) asked me about the program I told her "We eat fruits, vegetables and lean meats". How can you argue with that! Even an engineer can figure that one out!

Talk to your niece's parents, invite them to visit this site so they can see for themselves what we are all about, ask questions and perhaps let their daughter come onto the boards.
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
mikdar

Post by mikdar »

Dear Frustrated

I agree.  If it was just calories in and calories out I could of stayed thin.  Food to me is an addiction.  I just love to eat comfort foods (yes pasta and sugar mostly). But since I have started the LDL program I do not have the urge to eat them.  That is a first for me.  I hope you can email your niece and tell her upfront. 

YSIJC

Mike
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEt0sbM/]
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Thanks to all for the great support and kind feedback.  I seem to get a "pass" from my dad about my weight because I did a triathlon eight years ago, and that is the only reason I get a "pass".   I think my niece could be successful doing this as well, as I know she loves fruit.  However, she is pretty stubborn and "all grown up" at age 13 (very scary).  Anyway, I am hoping that the next time I go east I will be visible results and maybe she will decide to jump on board.   Anyway, it's day two and I am rocking.   My husband jumped on board today as well ! Can't wait to see what unfolds in the next few weeks and months.  

Best Regards to all!

Tiss
Last edited by Anonymous on May 26th, 2009, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.