Corn Crisps where are you?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
isthis4me

Re: Corn Crisps where are you?

Post by isthis4me »

nope shipping was 4.00 to expedite to have today
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Oh, Ok.  :)

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

dunno how much of a savings it is for you  but for me to have my corn thins in what 3 days  :inlove:
I will letcha know later how they are with spinach artichoke dip Lil Mary's recipe  :tongue:
MissMellie

Post by MissMellie »

I found mine at Whole Foods (Harry's) in Alpharetta.
ginney

Post by ginney »

I just found online recipes to make your own corn crisps.  Do the recipes look ok for LDL?  If so, I am gonna try to make my own.

Corn Crisps
Provided by Grocery Shopping Network
Prep: Cook: Ready in: 1 hr., 30 mins
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt
Cooking Instructions
Preheat the oven to 425F. Butter a cookie sheet. Bring the water and butter to a boil in a small
pan. Quickly stir in the cornmeal and salt and mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the cookie
sheet and bake for 10 - 15 minutes.
Calories From Fat 15 Total Fat 1 Carbohydrates 3 Calories 28
Calcium 1 Sodium 98 Vitamin A 56

Let me know please. :D
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Sorry, Ginny,

Cornmeal isn't LDL friendly.  It's too processed.  A few years ago, several people experimented with cornmeal recipes and found they gained weight or their weight loss stalled.  Also, the recipe contains butter, which we don't use.

Corn Thins are a completely different creature...not like a tortilla, more like a rice cake (but no rice, of course.)  You can read about them at www.cornthins.com  but here's the basic idea:  They take field corn and popcorn, add a little salt and a tiny bit of oil and compress it in a very hot mold.  The heat makes the corns pop and expand to fill the mold and the result is a shaped patty that's light and crunchy.  Thus it's really just a legal as eating popcorn and sweet corn.  They make great dippers and platforms for sandwich fillings.  Some people use them for burger buns.

Your recipe looks like it would be interesting to taste, but it's not LDL legal.

Maybe I should set up a new business:  Just deposit $5 in my Paypal account and I'll send you 10 corn thins!  Try them for yourself and then order a case from Amazon.  Heck...it might pay for my new fruit habit ;)
ginney

Post by ginney »

Thank you, thank you.  I am sooooooooooo glad I asked before trying it.  I am going to www.cornthins.com and read up.  This morning will be my first official day for LDL.  I started a journal so when I get to "Skinny Town", I will be able to go back and read about my adventure on how I got there.  :thumbsup: