hope this isn't too personal...take II

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

hope this isn't too personal...take II

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

what do you do for a living?  i am a daycare provider...and i guess that would put me in the stay at home mom (sahm) category as well.  i love it!!!  ;D
EnJae
Master Member

Re: hope this isn't too personal...take II

Post by EnJae »

When I started LDL I was a senior at-home caregiver.
In January I switched over to working in the senior citizens center at the local campus for mentally retarded persons.
Vivvy
New, but learning

Post by Vivvy »

Hi Lizzy,

Moving from stay at home mom to teaching this year.  Went back to get a degree and just graduated! I loved being at home too when mine were younger.  That is such a special time.  Enjoy it! 
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Hey Lizzy!

I am a stay at home mom and I home school my 3 children. I absolutely love what I do!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

wow NJ your da bomb :inlove:  and vivvy good for you!!!
I love SAHM's, I am one not by choice :'(  I love to work and work as a mechanic on airplanes, also have an extensive background in construction and insurance  :rolleyes: but am currently going back to school Summer term for Business Management with a Major in HR.

I did homeschool for 2 years and wish I would have started sooner :poo: now I am sorta homeschooling a 17yr old trying to get his GED since he cannot stay in public school :wrong: he WILL get a diploma by 18 if it kills him  :laughing:
LeslieB
New, but learning

Post by LeslieB »

I am a SAHM with 21 m.o. daughter and an 8 m.o. son.  It's not just a job, it's an adventure! I love being home with them but feel a little outnumbered sometimes.  So far LDL has really helped my energy level and has helped me stop finishing all non-eaten meals and snacks.  Love it!

Leslie
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

LeslieB wrote:I am a SAHM with 21 m.o. daughter and an 8 m.o. son.  It's not just a job, it's an adventure! I love being home with them but feel a little outnumbered sometimes.  So far LDL has really helped my energy level and has helped me stop finishing all non-eaten meals and snacks.  Love it!

Leslie
i know what you mean.  i'm so use to popping a nugget in my mouth...or a spoonful of mac and cheese here and there.  :'(
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

I am a massage therapist.  I'm also studying to become a minister.  My plan is to help people with their body, mind and spirit.
Gretchen
New, but learning

Post by Gretchen »

I've been a stay at home mom for the past 20 years.  I quit working when I was 6 months pregnant with my eldest.  I homeschooled for about 5 years, but had to stop because of health issues.  Enjoyed it, but it was a ton of work.  Helped my hubby get our family business up and running with all the misc. stuff and paperwork.  Now we own 2 car lots, a few rentals and I play with the stock market from home.  It's been interesting.

Gretchen
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

Hi, Lizzy...(and may I say what a bright light you are on these boards?)

I'll be 62 in September--if the Good Lord's willing and the creeks don't rise.  I'm an RN:  I started college the year my husband died and I've been an ER nurse since I graduated 17 years ago.  I have four wonderful children, two by God, and two by marriage, and a precious granddaughter named Grace.  I'm a proud native Texan/Houstonian.  And in my humble opinion, if Colonel Parker had discovered Roy Orbison, the world would never have heard of Elvis.  Whenever I hear Roy and k d Lang soar up into the stratosphere singing "Crying," my own personal anthem, it's all I can do not to put my hand over my heart.  (But I can't keep my knees from trembling... :inlove:)

Now what have you got planned for Hope This Isn't Too Personal...Take III.  (This thread has all the makings of a mini series, Lizzy!  Better hire an agent  :tongue:)
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

haha...thanks!  your great too...i've been laughing at your comments all morning.  yes it's only just now lunch time here...lol  i have family in houston :thumbsup:  we say they're all backwards ;)  :tongue:

hhmmm...take III...i'll need to think about this one.  unless you have an idear?!
ArmyWife1125
New, but learning

Post by ArmyWife1125 »

hey Lizzy, I'm new here...just starting LDL but I thought I'd reply to both versions....I'm 29 years old and I am an RN in a neonatal intensive care unit in Michigan...and have worked there for the last 5 years (since I grad. nursing school).  I have a hard time losing weight because I eat on the run and a bite here and there of whatever my 3 y.o daughter is eating (a common problem I see) and also I work 12 hour night shifts....my sleep is all screwed up all the time and I feel like I'm always tired.  I hope that not only can I lose weight with this lifestyle change, but also will have a tremendous increase in my energy level so I can keep up with my daughter!  I noticed that you are just getting started as well...best wishes and god bless you on your journey!
Kristin
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

Welcome, Kristin...

No wonder there's a shortage of hospital nurses!  We're all over here on the LDL boards!  How many nurses do you suppose are members?  Lizzy, please get the calculator and start a tally.  Maybe CDO Gwen can help?

Before I close, Kristin, I hope you and your husband will accept the gratitude of a proud American for serving your country.  A friend just finished an intricate counted cross stitch sampler.  It pictures the Stars and Stripes fully unfurled and snapping in the breeze, superimposed with the images of  servicemen and women, above the quote:  Home of the free because of the brave.  Very powerful.

God bless America.  And please, God, bless Kristin and her family.  :rose:
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

thank you Kristin...i wish you well too.  how fun...to work in the NICU!!  my friend (here in my town...lol) is a nurse at the hospital and she's been waiting for a spot on that floor to open for yrs!

and yes G...i'm getting right on that tally...i'll just post it...lol  :tongue:
ryguysmom

Post by ryguysmom »

Hi everyone,

I very new to both LDL and message boards in general so I'll apologize in advance for my future lingo errors. I am 30 years old, living in South Orange County, California, have a 4-year-old son who is the light of my life and the best husband in the whole world. I work full time for a national retail pharmacy as a district supervisor. I started my position in October and, with all the driving I have to do for my job, have put on 30 pounds. Since I was already over weight, this is just a little more painful. I heard about LDL in a magazine last weekend and decided to check it out. I have ordered my book and am still weighting for it to arrive. I'm so excited about changing my life! While waiting for my book, I am cleaning out the frig and cabinets and eating so much fruit. So far, in 1 1/2 weeks, I seem to have dropped 6 pounds! I am so shocked. My motivation: I REFUSE TO BUY BIGGER PANTS!!!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wN80dyY/]
[/url]
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Mary it is great to know all that stuff about you! You do seem to have a happy and full life!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I am a first grade teacher.  I was a stay at home mom for many years, but darn it, they grew up and I was out of a job.  :tongue:  I admire all those of you who said you home school your children.  I don't think I could have done that. 
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Kathie, it is a great experience! I love it and so do my kids! I love being such a big part of their lives. I felt very left out when my kids were in school. I had a hard time with them spending more time with someone I didn't know than they did with me. I feel like I only get them for a limited time and I want to make the best of it!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

I have been with the same company for 27 years. I am a VP there and manage a large creative services team. Retiring soon, I HOPE!!  :D