Yummy Popcorn Idea!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
electricj1316
Master Member

Yummy Popcorn Idea!

Post by electricj1316 »

I tried something new yesterday, I bought some lemon sea salt that I found in my grocery store spice isle. It is in big chunks so I put it in the magic bullet and ground it up until fine. I air popped some popcorn and sprayed it with olive oil and sprinkled the salt on and some dried parsley and mixed it up. It was a big hit with the whole family!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
photojenics
New, but learning

Re: Yummy Popcorn Idea!

Post by photojenics »

What are you using to spray your oil? I can't seem to find anything locally designed to do it.
Jen in N TX

Mynx

Post by Mynx »

I finally ordered this mister from amazon today for our oil: http://www.amazon.com/Misto-Gourmet-Bru ... 446&sr=1-1

I saw someone mention they reused a spray bottle from a flavored oil from the grocery store. I wonder if the container from those salad "spritz" dressings they have now would work well.
photojenics
New, but learning

Post by photojenics »

That was the mister I was thinking about ordering. I'd much rather buy something I can see and hold first, but I'll wait for your review.  ;)

My DD works at a grocery store, so I might pop in tonight and check out their flavored oils to see if they have any that spray. The only thing about the spritz dressing bottles I wonder is if the nozzle is big enough for the oil.
Jen in N TX

Gretchen
New, but learning

Post by Gretchen »

Pam sells an olive oil cooking spray.  It is right next to their regular one in the baking aisle. 

Gretchen
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

yummo Tina :drool: that sounds soooooooo good, I got all the stuff today to make my own brown bag popcorn so will hafta try this...tonight I think is gonna be a treat. IBNB with cinnamon/splenda
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

that does sound yummy!  i like popcorn but i never...and don't really like to eat it.  it gets in my teeth and drives me nutty! 
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Jen,

I use the no name brand of pam olive oil spray.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
LeslieB
New, but learning

Post by LeslieB »

I used to hate popcorn too b/c of the getting in my teeth thing, but got addicted to it during my last pregnancy.  The OO Pam sounds like a great idea!
GreatDaneLady
New, but learning

Post by GreatDaneLady »

I'm anxious to try popcorn again.  I literally have only let myself eat popcorn MAYBE 1-2 times a year!  To have a diet where it's not forbidden just sounds too good to be true!  Although a diet that allows me to eat fruit is just an absolute God-send!  I've missed fruit sooooooo much!
Phentermine support group!Image
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

I am soooo happy for you Greatdanelady!! I am celebrating with you!!!  *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot*

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie