WOW 10 pounds in 10 days!!!! I LOVE LDL!!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Rhonda in SGF

WOW 10 pounds in 10 days!!!! I LOVE LDL!!!

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

:thumbsup:

Thank you GOD and Roger for LDL!!!!  I lost 82 pounds in 2006 -07 on one of those plans out of Durham NC.  I still needed to lose about 70 more at that time.(I won't mention the name here) but plateaued forever and could not find another diet program out there that worked for me.....until LDL!!!!!  Prior to starting LDL I had gained 40 some back so now I am losing the same pounds over but THANK GOD this is working for me.  10 pounds down and 90 or so to go!!!

I love the food, no cravings and all the support here.

I do have a question. It seems I read something on here about a banana muffin made with chickpea flour recipe but I have yet to find it.  Could someone steer me to it if you know what I am talking about?

Thanks,
Rhonda

I am 5'9

SW  265
CW  255
GW  165

P. S. I have the taco soup cooking in the crockpot for my chow down meal....can't wait!
Gretchen
New, but learning

Re: WOW 10 pounds in 10 days!!!! I LOVE LDL!!!

Post by Gretchen »

WOW!  Congrats on those 10 pounds.  That's wonderful. 

I agree that everyone here is super supportive.  Great group of people and the meal plan is easy.  I've never eaten black beans before last night when I made a basic black bean soup, and it was very good. 

Looking forward to seeing you reach more of your goals,
Gretchen
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

:thumbsup: great job and so glad your on the train to skinnytown
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

that is awesome!!!  way to go girl!! :thumbsup: ;D
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Here's the Bonzo Biscuit recipe. This is an ocassional food!

Banzo Biscuits – Basic Recipe
1 very heaping measuring cup of cooked GARBANZOS (or one 15 oz. can) -- rinsed, drained & dried off with paper towels
1 jumbo EGG (or ¼ c. Egg Substitute)
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Kosher Salt only if the beans are unsalted
Mix the following in a small cup.  Use half in the batter; reserve other half for sprinkling tiny pinches across tops prior to cooking:
½ tsp. Onion Powder
½ tsp. Garlic Powder
¼ tsp. Dried Herbs (I used thyme, rosemary & oregano)
4-5 dashes freshly ground Peppercorns
¼ tsp. Kosher Salt

Combine all ingredients (except half of seasoning mixture) in food processor bowl and process to a smooth batter.  Portion equally into 8 small paper baking cups, about 2 heaping tablespoons each.  Line a large flat baking dish or silicone muffin pan with 2 layers of paper towels and arrange four of the filled cups evenly inside, leaving generous space between and around them.  Sprinkle seasoning mixture, as above.  Cook on high power, 1 ½ to 2 ½ minutes, (rotating dish halfway through if no turntable) until no wet spots remain on top.  If needed, continue cooking in 30-second increments until done.  Check by gently touching tops in several places with finger.  Remove biscuits from the baking dish, setting them aside on their paper towel while cooking second batch on fresh paper towels.  (They exude a lot of water through the paper, during and after cooking.)  Serve hot with your favorite biscuit toppings on the side.  Makes 8 biscuits.

Note:  When fresh, these tend to dissolve with anything wet on them, so serve toppings on the side to enjoy with each bite.  Served day-old at room temp., you can break them into thick soups and they take the place of cornbread.  To keep longer, refrigerate or freeze in a single layer on top of a paper towel placed inside a large zipper bag.

Variations I have tried: 
Cheese Biscuits -- Just before portioning into baking cups, stir 2 Tbsp. grated non-fat cheddar into batter by hand.  Sprinkle tops as above, adding a pinch of grated parmesan to each just before cooking.
Pizza Biscuits – Omit garlic powder and add 1 Tbsp. Tomato Basil and Garlic Mrs. Dash® to batter.  Sprinkle tops with 1 tsp. of the same Mrs. Dash mixed with 1 tsp. grated parmesan.  Halfway through cooking, evenly divide 2 Tbsp. grated mozzarella onto each.  Finish cooking as above.  Serve with warm sugar-free marinara sauce on the side for dipping.
Deep Dish Pizza -- Spread all batter into a sprayed 2 qt. casserole dish, leaving a well in the center, pushing it higher on the edges.  It will even out as it cooks.  Cook until very firm.  Top with your favorite cooked and cooled LDL pizza toppings (minus the sauce), lowfat mozzarella & parmesan, and heat until cheese bubbles.

Beanana Bread Muffins – Using the basic biscuit recipe, omit last 5 ingredients. Add small ripe banana, an extra egg, increase evoo to 2 Tbsp. and increase baking powder to 2 tsp.  Add 1-2 tsp. NuStevia and 1-2 tsp. sweet spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, pumpkin pie spice) and 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract or insides scraped from a 2-inch piece of vanilla bean.  Because of the extra ingredients, this makes 10-12 good-sized muffins, using a generous ¼c. measure for each.  Allow extra space between them and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, turning pan until no wet spots remain.  Works best if you only cook four at a time.  Note:  I like these so much, I’m going to invest in one of those flexible silicone muffin cup baking pans so these will turn out looking like real bakery muffins.
Apple Raisin Bran Muffins – Using basic beanana muffin recipe, above, omit banana and add ¼ c. Fiber One or 100% All Bran cereal to processor.  After processing, stir in ¾ c. chopped apple mixed with 1 tsp. lemon juice and 2 Tbsp. raisins.  Cook as above.
Pumpkin Spice Beanana Muffins - To basic beanana muffin recipe add 1/2 c. cooked pumpkin, and double the amount of sweet spices.  After batter is smooth, stir in 1/4 c. raisins.  Makes 12 very generous muffins.

Sweet Cheese Mini-“Danish” – Omit last 5 ingredients from biscuit recipe.  Add 1 to 1 ½ tsp. NuStevia, 1 tsp. lemon juice and ½ tsp. cinnamon (optional) to batter.  Stir together 2 oz. softened lowfat cream cheese, a few drops of lemon juice, and NuStevia to taste (optional).  Drop cheese mixture by slightly mounded measuring teaspoon into center of each and lightly press down to form a shallow well before cooking.  Flatten papers slightly to allow them to spread a little more, if desired.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – Using the “Danish” recipe, above, omit cream cheese step.  After processing, stir in ¼ c. raisins and ½ to ¾ c. old fashioned oats, toasted in oven or dry skillet until slightly browned & a little crunchy.  Flatten papers so cookies can spread.  Makes 12 large cookies.

Variations I haven’t tried yet, but I think will be good (if you try any of them please share your thoughts):

Christmas Fruitcake Cookies – I’ll have to think about this one.  Should be the same as Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with added chopped dried fruits.  You can get fruits dried without sugar, right?  And dried ginger?  I know they make Splenda sweetened dried cranberries.  I love fruitcake.  I can’t wait to try this.

Please let me know if you try any of these.  I hope you love them.

Gwen
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

wow Pat...are these in the recipe section?  i hope so...because i'm going to have to make these soon.  and i want to know where to look for the recipe  :drool: ;D
Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

Thanks gang!

A special thanks to Pat for the recipe.  You all are great for a newbie just getting started!  Thanks for the encouragement.  I am going to plant my feet here and stay awhile....Like the rest of my life!!!    :)

Did I mention I am almost 55 and somewhere in the menopausal stage and almost impossible for me to lose weight????  Trust me I have tried everything out there!!!  Not impossible on LDL apparently!!  I will keep you posted and try to stay off the scales.  Right now I am enjoying the "LDL honeymoon"....Hooray!!!

Rhonda
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Rhonda that's great! And welcome welcome to you, it's great to have you!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
3greatgifts

Post by 3greatgifts »

Congrats Rhonda, that's awesome. I must say I'm a little jealous  :blush: but I'll keep on staying strong. I had my Weight Watchers weigh-in and have lost 1 1/2 lbs and I'm on day 6. No cheating either.....and I happy I haven't craved chocolate all week. Have you been keeping a journal on the journal section? It been interesting to see. I kind of think I haven't been eating enough and wondering if my body is doing that starving mode and slowed down. Again, congrats!
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Lizzy wrote:wow Pat...are these in the recipe section?  i hope so...because i'm going to have to make these soon.  and i want to know where to look for the recipe  :drool: ;D

Hi, Lizzy,

Those recipes are listed a couple places, but you can always bookmark any thread with the "bookmark" tab at the top of the page.  That way you'll at least know that there's something in that thread you wanted to remember.  If you find a "cleaner" version in the recipe section, you can always mark that one and delete the first.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Well, see, Greenheron, I've been on these boards for 2 1/2 years and I didn't know that!  I'll have to try it.  Thanks for the tip.  We can learn a lot of stuff here.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

LeslieB
New, but learning

Post by LeslieB »

That's awesome...and inspiring Rhonda!  I'm on day 2 and just got my book today.  You have given me inspiration.

LeslieB
Maddy Butler
New, but learning

Post by Maddy Butler »

Wonderful!! I am impressed!!  :thumbsup:
I am on day 2 and want to wait at least one week before I face the scale.
Maddy

Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

Just checking in here and letting you all know I am sticking to you like glue.  I haven't gotten on the scales since the 10 pound drop but I am still LDL'ing.  I love this plan and have no problem sticking true to it.  Yesterday was my birthday and no problems staying on plan.  I did NOT get a birthday cake!!!  I instead opted for a berry blast smoothie from SMOOTHIE KING.  It is just strawberries, blueberries and blackberries along with a little stevia and some yerba mate.  WONDERFUL Birthday dinner!!!!  Lunch was at ZIO's.  My guys (hubs and two sons) had spaghetti and other pastas but I chose the salad with grilled/chicken and a smattering of strawberries along with minestrone soup (minus the penne noodles)  I came out of their SO SATISFIED!!!  I left the bread alone also.  Yay for me!!!

I LOVE LDL!!!!

Rhonda
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

That's awesome Rhonda!! It always feels so good when you leave a restaurant and you know you made all the right decisions!! Keep up the great work!!
*woot*
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

Great job Rhonda! Good for you! I've been nervous about doing the restaurant thing, but you have given me hope! Keep up the great work!!  :thumbsup:

Tina K.
Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

Thanks both Tinas,

I am a veteran dieter (switch from this diet to that one) until something works.  However, I am sticking with this one because it is the easiest I have ever done!!!!

So, once you set your mind to what you can and can't eat the restaurant thing is a breeze!  Most restaurants work on this plan also which is nice!  You just have to make the right choices.  Once you get past the emotional eating your battle is half won.  The other half is just waiting on your body to burn fat.  That's the hard part for me.  I hate waiting!!!

Rhonda 
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Rhonda,

Yep, I hate the waiting too! But it sure does feel good when it starts coming off!! I have a much easier time at restaurants now but my husband still struggles a little. I am proud of him though because he has never stuck with an eating plan for more than a few days and he is so happy with ldl. We both are!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie