3 Day on LDL

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
GreatDaneLady
New, but learning

3 Day on LDL

Post by GreatDaneLady »

Well, today is my 3rd day on LDL.  So far I don't find it very difficult to stick to which is a pleasant change!  I am at a cross roads in my life.  I want to have a baby, but my OBGYN said I have PCOS and that unless I lose a lot of weight it's not likely that I'll ovulate and even if they can stimulate that, the obese state of my body will cause even more complications with pregnancy.

I absolutely HATE being fat.  In December I weighed 250 pounds.  I have numerous medical issues which make it difficult for me to lose weight.  I have gastroperisis, Insulin Resistance/Borderline Diabetes, PCOS, and some other stuff.  I have tried diet after diet after diet.  I started dieting when I was in grade school.  My parents used to constantly tell me how I needed to lose weight.  My father mercilessly teased me about my weight when I was younger.  This lead to me becoming bulimic when I was in junior high/high school.  Thanks to some very dedicated friends, that ended, however, so did the only thin time of my life!

I have gone to doctor after doctor after doctor asking, no begging, for weight loss help.  I have religiously stuck to diets and the same thing happens with every diet...I lose about 12 pounds in two weeks.  Then for no apparent reason I gain it plus more back.  Weight Watchers was a disaster for me!  I gained so much weight on that program.  I quit going to that after the woman who weighed us looked at me and said, "You just aren't trying!  What are you eating that you aren't writing down??!?!"  I sat through the meeting ready to burst into tears and as soon as it was over, I bolted from the building and never went back!

Doctors haven't been so kind either.  I've gotten to the point that even when I need to go to the doctor I rarely go because all it does is turn into yet another lecture on my weight.  They just look at me like I'm some lazy slob and I'm not lazy, but I am tired 100% of the time.  The diagnosis of chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia coupled with how I look and the infertility issues have sunk me into a spiraled depression.  I am praying that this diet is the answer to my prayers for help!

I have read the book along with many of your success stories.  I hope that I too will be able to make a post some day that says I have lost 100 plus pounds!
Phentermine support group!Image
GinaK

Re: 3 Day on LDL

Post by GinaK »

:rose: Welcome!  I am also on day 3 of LDL.  I can't imagine how hard it was for you to grow up in that environment.  :'(  . From everything I have read on this site everyone here is very supportive and it is a great comunity!  I am trying to lose about 45 lbs. I too have tried every diet and the diets have failed me.  I think this is the one that is going to work for us!!!! All those vibrant sweet fruits! 

Again welcome to LDL and the train to skinnytown!!!!!!!  :thumbsup:

Gina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRqzmhp/]
laurawhite1026
New, but learning

Post by laurawhite1026 »

:D  hello....and congratulations on your third day....you will be happy you found this plan....it is not just a diet but a new way of eating for the rest of your life....that is what I needed and glad this community is here, everyone is very helpful.  Glad you guys are here and good luck to the both of you.

Have a great day !

Laura
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

I just wanted to tell you guys that LDL does work and it WILL work for you.  Please go check out the Photo's thread and also the Personal Success stories thread.  You will see shining examples of how LDL is working in peoples lives.  You are NO different than we are in that you can do this too!  *HUGS*  We love you all!  Seriously  :D  We do!

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by ladyhawk21 »

Welcome GreatDaneLady

no one here will put you down, here is where you will find encouragement and ideas on how to make a "lifestyle" changes (not a dieting.)

you will find that this is not hard like a diet, you can eat as much as you want of all the LDL approved foods.  and they have some great recipes on this webpage.

i have been doing this a couple of weeks and already am not eating as much as i did.  

have you discussed with your dr. possible thyroid issues?  you can email me if you are interested in more information on that.  (sometimes dr. test you and say you are normal but your not really-some think a TSH of 10 is okay!!!  

Renee
GreatDaneLady
New, but learning

Post by GreatDaneLady »

Thanks!  The encouragement that I saw everyone giving each other and the huge amount of success stories is what gave me hope that this diet/lifestyle change will be different!

I know he says not to weigh yourself, but I do Wii Fit and it has you weigh yourself daily.  So far I've lost 4 pounds which was promising since it took me 6 months to lose 16 pounds following what my doctors suggested.
Phentermine support group!Image
LeslieB
New, but learning

Post by LeslieB »

Hi, I'm on day 3 too.  So far it seems too easy and I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I do feel a ton of energy and that alone is worth it. Good luck and Welcome.

Leslie
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

WELCOME hun!!!  you have found the right place!  these are some wonderful people on here!
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Greatdanelady,

I know it is so hard to go through this! I too was once at 243lbs and every diet I tried failed. I lost 40lbs on WW and couldn't stick to it so I gained 13lbs back and then tried just allot of exercise and what I thought was eating healthy and lost another 8lbs over a 2 month period. Then I found ldl and in the first 3 days I lost 5lbs. Then Roger said to only weigh once a month and I have now put the scale in my closet and wrote the day on the calendar to weigh myself after one month. I have been on ldl for 2 weeks and I am happy to tell you that after 15 yrs of struggling with my weight and every diet on the market, that I feel better than I did when I was a skinny teenager. I have more energy and I have no doubt that in 2 wks when I weigh that I will be below 200lbs for the first time in 10yrs! I feel where you are coming from and I hope that you will hang in there and let this work for you! I look so forward to hearing more from you on here! Please continue to post and get the wonderful advice and support from all of the great people on here. You are already on the train to skinny town, FOR LIFE!!

God bless,
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie