What is the silliest diet you ever tried?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
chipmunk

Re: What is the silliest diet you ever tried?

Post by chipmunk »

I forgot that I did the EVOO  diet ...what a waste of good EVOO. :rose:
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Not eating. Just drinking juices and water and tea.
Not a good idea!
NJ
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

I think that I mentioned this one on another post but I just did the HCG diet. Not silly - maybe dangerous - but seems to be the most popular one in this area. Kind of expensive. You give yourself an injection (human chorionic gonadotropin - produced in pregnant women) everyday and then you eat 500 calories a day. No food until lunch and then a salad with small amount of protein with a dressing of vinegar. Only one choice of vegetable. Can't mix different ones. Then also a small fruit like an apple or strawberries. Then you do the same for dinner. You stay on it for 41 days and then you have to go off because it quits working. You lose about a pound a day. I really did lose that much. Another thing is that the weight comes off from your abnormal fat. Anywhere like the belly that there is an excess. Sounds great right? Well, I went off and started eating everything in sight. It did nothing for my cravings. There are even restaurants that have HCG dinners available here on their billboards. I have actually done this diet 3 times at about $400.00 a time and have gained it all back.  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: It is tempting to follow all the fads. Time to quit :stop: and get on the LDL program and lose for good!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on June 8th, 2009, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!