What is the silliest diet you ever tried?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Sparkle
New, but learning

What is the silliest diet you ever tried?

Post by Sparkle »

THIS should be a fun one!!!
Mynx

Re: What is the silliest diet you ever tried?

Post by Mynx »

Everything but LDL!

I haven't really tried much in the way of a formal "diet" beyond I did go on the lemon juice fast but I wanted the health benefits from it too and I lasted almost 20 days. I did end up going off of the fast too quickly though and I did gain the weight back that I had lost.

Otherwise i have gone through periods of more excersize and watching what I eat.

But LDL will be the only thing I use I am sure for the rest of my life :P
GreatDaneLady
New, but learning

Post by GreatDaneLady »

I ate grapefruit and eggs for 2 weeks.  It promised to make you lose 20 pounds -- I lost 5!  YUCK!
Phentermine support group!Image
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

The cabbage diet.  :sick:  It's amazing what we try when we are desperate.

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by chipmunk »

5oz roast beef ,2cups green beans 2 rye toast,one green apple.....that was for all day  :shocked: :shocked:Then had give my self a shoot in the leg :wacko: :wacko: lost 25 lbs in one week...Gain 50 when I had to stop *lipssealed*...
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

boy chipmunk, that sounds almost like the HCG diet did that one, lost 25 pounds, put back on 10 after I stopped the shots and very low calorie diet, even though I was watching what I ate and exercising.  the best of all is ldl, I haven't ever felt deprived of food, no real cravings, either when I want bread, now I can have a corn thin, and the butterbean/cauliflower puree is so much like mashed potatoes I could eat it every day, but save it for a treat.
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

for lack of not gettin into trouble and naming names  *scyth* meat/egg
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

We can't name names?  Then I can't tell you all the ones I have been on.  Maybe I could use initials...

WW, the one with meetings
KK, yep the one in the magazine that turned out to be a fraud
A, the low carb, high fat one
the lemon juice cleanse
...and the one that takes the cake (sic)
hot dogs (no bun), cottage cheese, and tomato slices
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
bethp

Post by bethp »

The old liquid protein diet (from the 80's)....the one that was killing people!! And the liquid protein tasted so bad!  :bomb: It tasted like vitamins in beef broth.....nasty!
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

yuck Beth...my stomach just turned. vitamins in beef broth  :sick:
yourdish

Re: What is the silliest you ever tried?

Post by yourdish »

How about the one in which we tell ourselves we have a disease and read the A.A. book? (O.A.) Again, no doubt they mean well, and probably this approach helps some people, but I not only gained weight, I picked up a heavy load of guilt for having this addiction and dwelling on every less-than-noble thought in my head.  *evil*

It's more constructive for me to have faith in my basic decency as a person,  *love* and my body's ability to nourish itself with the "clean" foods on this plan.

yourdish  a.k.a  Meg
Happiness is frozen grapes and warm friends!

Give in to your bean cravings!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyfSlc2/
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

The one where you chew everything up but don't swallow it.  The theory is that all the enjoyment of eating is in the chewing, flavor and aroma, not in swallowing.  WRONG !  Plus you're left with .... well, we don't need to go there.   :sick:

Also did the "Slim Up & Live" program through one of those pyramid home sales companies.  Go to classes once a week, drink their nutritional shake twice a day (tasted like the sweet feed my grandpa used to feed the cow) and eat one sensible meal.  The silliness came in the new age workbook and positive thinking tape series where you tried to brainwash yourself that you are all powerful and you have the ability to affect all aspects of yourself, other people, and your environment through guided imagery.
The program was silly, but the classroom part of the program is where I met & fell in love with Neil.   *love*  Funny how it works out that the qualities that attracted you to someone in the beginning are the very qualities that annoy the spit out of you after 25 years. :wacko:
Last edited by Gwennaford on June 4th, 2009, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

Gwennaford wrote:The one where you chew everything up but don't swallow it.  The theory is that all the enjoyment of eating is in the chewing, flavor and aroma, not in swallowing.  WRONG !  Plus you're left with .... well, we don't need to go there.   :sick:
:shocked: oh heavens ~shudder~
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hey - Roger Troy did it too!  (See pp. 16-17 in the Red Book)
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

wow, it will have to wait till I get the book cos I dint get it yet ~sniffle~

the abuse we have put ourselves thru and here it is now the road to recovery and health

again we are ALL blessed  :inlove:  Oh and Ms Gwenn I am gonna make them gonzo biscuit things and try and get these boiz off some more of that gunk  :sick:
mamavan

Post by mamavan »

The silliest diet I ever tried (and obviously was worthless) was called "Fat Loss 4 Idiots" appropriately named. The theory was constantly "tricking" your body by changining meal plans.
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

I've done too many "diets" to count, including stupid pills of some sort :bomb:. Yeah, nothing really worked too much! Although I am a true believer in LDL, I have lost 6lbs in my first 4 days. I know, I know, you're not supposed to weigh yourself for like 2 weeks, I just had to see the results though!  :D Very Excited to Continue for LIFE!
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Every diet that didn't work was the silliest diet ever for me. The problem was me and trying to find a shortcut to weight loss rather than make a healthy lifestyle choice...YAY for LDL! No longer silly, Eljayne :thumbsup:
theavinpete

Post by theavinpete »

I tried the "sacred heart medical soup diet".  day one, fruit and veggie soup, day 2 veggies and veggie soup, day 3 fruit and veggies with veggie soup, baked potatoe at dinnertime. Day 4 bannanas and skim milk and veggie soup, day 5 beef and tomatoes with veggie soup, day 6 beef and veggies and veggie soup and day 7 brown rice, fruit juice and veggies with veggie soup.  Well...let me tell you, if you made it through this diet, the thought of eating that soup ever again instantly makes you want to be sick.  My stomach turns thinking about it.  I did however lose 6lbs in 5 days (i quit on the 5th day) and kept it off.
Basket Lady

Post by Basket Lady »

2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespons EVOO
Mix into a class of V8 juice

Haven't lost any weight, the oil is a little hard to get down, but I think it really should be good for you????? 

Oh yeah, supposed to give myself a B12 shot every other day with this..... :wacko:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZlJ3yw/]