So What's Eating You, DOC?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
grambonnie5

Re: So What's Eating You, DOC?

Post by grambonnie5 »

After I had my last baby(25 years ago) I asked my doctor how to get the extra weight off that I had gained. He told me that I was to eat no more than 800 calories a day and he didn't care if it was 3 snickers bars - just not to go over the 800 calories. He is (well and alot more reasons) one of the reasons I am struggling with weight now - 25 years later. I bought in to the idea that if I starved myself I would lose weight. It didn't matter where the calories came from either. I now know that that is not the way to lose and thanks to LDL I will lose for good.
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

I have been moved to tears by your responses to my experience and to those you've suffered yourselves.  I have been searching for words to express my gratitude, but a simple "Thank You" :rose: seemed inadequate for what you have done,  Then, today, I was responding to t-rock's post to Turkm, regarding non food rewards for goals met.  One minute I was listing my own self rewards, and then totally unbidden, the next I was writing to all of you.  The words must have been fermenting these past two days and just slipped out naturally.  Anyway, here is a cut and paste to express my feelings--please just read through til you find your part.  You'll recognize it; I promise!

Gemini the Younger wrote:
t-rock wrote:Hi Turkkm:

I have a list, of things that I will do when I hit certain goals, that are in 5 pound increments after 10 pounds.  I have made sure they are not food related.  They include, learn a new language on the internet (free programs), go buy a new book, extra five minute foot massage at the mani/pedi place ($1 per minute), bubble baths, etc.

I never miss a t-rock post 'cause you do, indeed, rock!  Great ideas all, and thanks for sharing the article.  One of my personal favorites is half an ("guilt free" being the operative words here) hour just for me.  Turn off the phones, pull the shades, flip over the welcome mat, put the truck in the garage and close the door, then just....ahhhh sink into me and the luxury of time.  Read, meditate, practice deep breathing and self hypnosis, cross stitch, sort my shells, soak my feet in a scented bath followed by a warm pair of fuzzy socks, cuddle with my cats, read uninterrupted, experiment with my perfume and makeup samples, peruse my beloved mail order catalogs...  But I have to be honest here.  What started as a reward is fast becoming a daily "I deserve it," and I'm really begining to believe that I do!  Deserve it, that is! :shock: :shock:

It's interesting that since starting LDL, I find myself becoming a little more selfish about me--taking care of me--learning that it's okay to put myself first--saying "no" more often to extra demands on my time--feeling that it's good to pamper myself. The extra time I spend on these boards is not just mindless surfing; it's therapy time I deserve to spend.  (There's that unfamiliar word again, "deserve.") All of the posts, ideas, thoughts, expressions, recipes, fears, successes and failures you so generously and bravely share, help me to heal.  Seeing through your eyes as you examine and solve problems similar to mine gives me new insight and perspectives.  You magnify and enrich me.  You comfort and encourage me.  You make me feel valuable and part of the greater LDL community, and that sense of belonging is so theraputic.  You put an extra "l" in the word "alone," turning it into "all one."  I am no longer "alone" in my struggles, I am safe with friends.  We all are.  Praise God!
Sorry, I got a little off topic here, but in the memorable words of our own Little Princess, [size=300]"I love you guys!!!"
[/size] I'm just saying...

GEM...Booked on the

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Gemini the Younger on June 8th, 2009, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
bethp

Post by bethp »

Gem, you are such an integral part of this entire community. Your posts can be funny and uplifting or 'dead on' and inspiring. I want to say how much I appreciate the comradery of you and this entire LDL community. Thank you for pointing out the time we spend on this board is not wasted time, it is therapeutic time. We are all on this train together. And a totally amazing train it is and as repetitive as it might be:
I love you guys!!!  :rose: :rose: :rose:  *hug* *hug* *hug* :kissed: :kissed: :kissed:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

bethp wrote:...repetitive as it might be:
I love you guys!!!  :rose: :rose: :rose:  *hug* *hug* *hug* :kissed: :kissed: :kissed:
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Know what Beth...
With much more of this mushy stuff, we're all gonna be ready for tie dye, beads, flowers and an old fashioned Love In here in Skinnytown.  For you youngsters, a Love In is...ahhh, never mind.  You had to be there.  But you can probably catch a film clip on the History Channel! :shock:  Wow, do I feel old!  Only difference is now I'm wearing a bell bottom butt hanging around my ankles instead of jeans!  *evil*

GEM...Booked on the

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bethp

Post by bethp »

Might be mushy but is sure is fun!! AND way back when I was wearing those size 12 BIG FLOWER print bell bottoms if I known that I could accept myself as I was, I might not have spent as much time on the roller coaster. It's okay cuz now I am on the LDL train instead of the roller coaster!!
Life is grand on the train!  And I am so glad to be aboard the train with all of y'all, even if not everyone knows what a 'love-in" is, Thanks again, Gem, for the laugh!! I spend a lot of time laughing here which is a good thing!! Laughter is good!    :laughing:
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

:'( see this is why I love Gem so much, I swear she and I are related  :inlove: she just got all the brains and eloquence and I got short ended  :shock:  :laughing: and yes You and WE  DESERVE to be appreciated. loved, laugh, live, enjoy, healthy. the list goes on