I'm scared!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Dove102

I'm scared!!

Post by Dove102 »

I just received notification that my book is on it's way and I should receive it on June 11th, my 62nd birthday.  I have read a lot of the posts on these boards and am convinced that LDL will work but I'm scared!  I'm afraid I'll fail again, won't do it right, won't understand how to do it, etc.  I really want this to work.  I believe God has led me to this way of eating but I'm just afraid I won't be able to do it.  Please help me with encouraging words, testimonies, and prayers.  I know you all are great and will be a great help to me.  Thanks!
mewsical

Re: I'm scared!!

Post by mewsical »

Dear Dove102,
I was really surprised -  your message is the first one I have read.  I am new also and should receive my book June 10th.  I am 63, so I understand your anticipation.  After dieting all my life,  this really does sound too good to be true.  However, I believe that our Creator is giving us another chance and has led us to this project.  Have faith that we have finally found the right directions.  We should never give up.  Just do your best - no one can ask more than that and it looks like there is a lot of help on this web site.  You are in my prayers, please put me in yours.    mewsical
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hello Dove and mewsical,

This plan works.  IF you follow the plan you can't fail.  Dove, I like you KNOW this is my answer from God.  So just remember this.....God would not have led you here if He weren't going to help you understand, internalize and totally comprehend the plan.  You don't have to do it all overnight.  You just put one foot in front of the other and before you know it you'll be on your way.  We will all be here on the boards to encourage you along the way.  YOU CAN DO IT!!!   ;D  No doubt in my mind at all.  Did I mention it works?

(In Faith)  LP
Last edited by LittlePrincess on June 7th, 2009, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by dncwc »

I haven't gotten my book yet, but I am doing well from the posts. I do think LDL is a God send. I drank 5-6 Dr Peppers everyday and ate chocolate everyday just to keep going. Now I have no cravings. Eat lots of sweet fruiut at first to stop the cravings. I know you can do it, because with God all things are possible. Yes, we will mess up but we don't have to quit. Don't think of this as a diet but as a way to eat for life. God has not given us a spirit of
fear, but love, power and a sound mind. Blessings,
Debra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmHigpF/]
Dove102

Post by Dove102 »

Thanks everyone for your encouragement.  I've always held on to the scripture, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" and I'm going to cling to that, along with the support I receive from the LDL boards.  I'm really looking forward to finally being in control of my eating instead of it controlling me.  Thanks again for your support.
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

The cravings left the first day for me.  Interesting, I don't feel as if it is controlling me anymore or if I am controlling it.  It just seems like the right thing to do.  It is something that I do have to stay on top of, though.  I have to make sure I have enough food prepared for days I'm not home.  I am watching when I have a snack is it because I'm physically hungry or just cause it's a habit.  It is very unusual for me to eat without feeling guilty.  I don't have to feel guilty anymore when I eat.  It is so freeing.  Did any of that make sense?  (I was in classes all day today and I'm kind of tired.)

You guys will do great.  Just have a little faith.  You'll be pleasantly surprised.
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Dear Dove and Mewsical and anyone else... I'm on LDL since May 26th. I'm almost 61. I promised myself at 40 that I'd become 40 and fit; again at 50 I committed to become 50 and svelte; at 60 I said I guess I'm just supposed to be fat for the rest of my life. Then my cholesterol went out of site - probably had been but I'd not paid attention to that or the triglycerides which are a bigger concern for me. Well I'm still 60 but am not going to stay fat. I'm doing LDL and I know it will work and God Willing, I'll adopt this lifestyle change for the rest of my life. I agree, "we can do all things in Him who strengthens us".  As you peruse the posts you'll find several from people who have been afraid. All have found support here as have I. So hop on the train to skinnytown and savor every moment of a [glow=red,2,300]onederful[/glow] ride.  Welcome and God Bless, Eljayne :rose: :rose:
Babybelle

Post by Babybelle »

Hi
I'm new here, don't even have my book yet but wanted to let you know that I understand, I'm scared too!
Never been succesful at any diet, it's easy to get discouraged and decide to not even try because I've never

eded before but I can't let that stop me. I look forward to success and wish you success as well!
Basket Lady

Post by Basket Lady »

Dove 102,

I am on Day 5 of LDL and I can tell you that I have been faced with 3 boxes of donuts, apple cobbler and just wanting to give up on Day 4, but because I come here everytime I get a little "scared" or "unsure"  or tempted I am still hanging in there.  5 Days of eating healthy is AMAZING for me!!!  The blessing you will receive is the people that visit this site.  They (we) are all here for you. 

Make sure you post in your food journal every day.  I have since day one and when I posted yesterday (I had many concerns) I didn't think anyone would read it, but lo and behold someone read and came right back at me with encouragement and faith that I can do this. 

Don't give up and if you do "stray" please come right back to us.  There is a lot to learn and by no means am I an expert.... except at losing and gaining weight..... and I learn something new every time I log in.

God would not have brought you here if He did not have a plan for you.

Hang in there Dove, I am right beside you!!

BL
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZlJ3yw/]
entnurse

Post by entnurse »

SO glad I found this post, I am 60 1/2, have stuggled all my adult life with weight, was ready to give up until my doctor said I was a timebomb, high cholesterol, high BP and gave me another medication. I found this new way to eat, have been doing it since May 28 and have lost 8 lbs so far, without the book YET. It is supposed to be on the way. I am very happy so far, have not been craving chocolate or cookies and I think it is due to the fruit. I especially like to have the assorted frozen fruit, seems like I am eating all day long, love salads with kidney beans, edaname beans...this is WORKING, praise the LORD......keep the faith, looking forward to reading your success post
lizzie67
New, but learning

Post by lizzie67 »

Wow!!  I am proud of you!!!  Admitting fear and working through it!!  I am on my 2nd full week and have never thought about failing!! I always thought about failure on the other diets I was on because I was never satisfied!  I am TOTALLY satisfied and love the food, natural, whole, wonderful food!!  You are on the best message board site for success and encouragement out there!! Use it and grab hold because you have an entire site of people willing to walk this journey with you!  *hug* 
Blessings and success to you!
Lizzie
Through Christ, who strengthens me, all things are possible
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Dove102 wrote:I just received notification that my book is on it's way and I should receive it on June 11th, my 62nd birthday.  I have read a lot of the posts on these boards and am convinced that LDL will work but I'm scared!  I'm afraid I'll fail again, won't do it right, won't understand how to do it, etc.  I really want this to work.  I believe God has led me to this way of eating but I'm just afraid I won't be able to do it.  Please help me with encouraging words, testimonies, and prayers.  I know you all are great and will be a great help to me.  Thanks!

You are lucky because this is the best time to start with all the summer fruits and fresh corn available. Happy birthday by the way, I turned 60 myself on Saturday. Life is good, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
Dove102

Post by Dove102 »

Thanks to all of you who have responded to my post.  I've read a lot of the posts on the message boards the last few days and am starting to feel more comfortable about LDL.  I'm really looking forward to reading the book and getting on my way to Skinnytown.  I'm very fortunate in that I'm in very good health despite being overweight.  All of my blood work is great - in fact, my doctor said he wished all of his patients' blood work was as good as mine!  I walk three miles a day and ride my bike 10 miles when I can fit it in.  I have all of the latest and greatest fitness equipment, exercise videos, and a Wii Fit and use them.  So, I have the exercise thing down - it's just my eating that I need to get under control.  Thanks again for your encouragement.  We're all in this together and with the help of God and LDL we can do this!
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Welcome Dove102!!! I felt the same way that you do when I first started and I think pretty much everyone here felt the same way. It is hard to trust anything after failing at every diet out there. I made myself realize that it is not a diet but a way of eating for life. It is so easy because you don't have to go hungry and it is more about all of the good stuff that you get to have instead of all the stuff you have to give up. Good luck!! God is great and He is with you all the way!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Basket Lady

Post by Basket Lady »

Tina is soooooo right.......  I just had a huge taco salad for lunch and could not eat it all!  Now tell me what diet have you ever been on that having a Taco Salad is ok?  Granted I didn't have the shell, but it was still wonderful!  I'm stuffed!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZlJ3yw/]
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Basket Lady that sounds yummy! I had a hamburger on corn thins with all the fixins and I was so full that I couldn't even eat any salad! I couldn't believe it! I used to eat 2 hamburgers and a large fry and large mt. dew but thanks to ldl 1 hamburger fills me up!!  *woot* *woot* Who woulda thunk it!!  :laughing:

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

I met with a group of overweight people today and one of them shared some motivational tips. One that really stood out for me was, "for up to 15 hours after exercise, the body continues to burn calories at a higher rate than it would have without the exercise. In other words, exercise raises the body's idling speed for hours after exercise is over". (jodi Stolove - chair dancing).    :thumbsup:Exercise is my biggest downfall - I hate walking, biking, well except in Maui, i enjoy swimming but I have to drive a distance to do that most of the year. I have a recumbant exercise bike but I feel like I'm wearing my legs out giving my butt a ride. Something I will continue to work and and some of the motivational tips I heard today will be helpful I'm sure. ;)
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi all you new folks.
      I am 65 1/2 . I have been on LDL for a while now and have lost a total of 80 pounds. I have lost slowly but it is all gone ! I am happy where I am now. I wear a size 14 and that is good for me as I am tall. All you folks just jump in with both feet and enjoy the ride. The food is wonderful. Just jump on the train and hang on . Hope you all enjoy this way of eating as much as me.
                              Judie
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Eljayne,

Have you read about the Wii fit? We just got one of those and I tell you it is the most fun thing I have ever done for exercise! I am not a video game player but I love the Wii! You stand on a pad that comes with it and you do things like hula hoop, walk a tight rope, yoga poses, and even skiing. And there are so many other games. You don't feel like your exercising because you are being timed so you are competing to get first place or beat your highest score. It weighs you every time you get on and shows what your progress is and it also helps you to have better balance and posture. I recommend this to anyone who hates to work out or exercise.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie