"First" magazine...did the article (and God) bring you here?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
julie409
Master Member

Re: "First" magazine...did the article (and God) bring you here?

Post by julie409 »

I first learned of LDL from the First article. I do buy it when I see a new issue is out. I was intrigued by the "Lose 12 lbs a week" claim. So I read it with interest to see if it was something that made sense for me. I have a stack of these types of articles and try most of them for about A DAY. I was usually too hungry to continue.

The LDL plan was different from what I had done in the past bc of all the fruit but it was the same bc it followed what I knew to be true re: the destructiveness of refined carbs and sugar on the body. So I went on to the web site and was really encouraged by the stories of success and the unending support of the community. I never looked back.  I KNOW with every fiber of my being that GOD brought me here. There is no doubt. I have been praying for a while to find the answers to my health issues. With LDL, he has answered my prayers.

Julie :rose:
accwoody

Post by accwoody »

I read the article in first magazine and went to the library and got the book. Have been doing this for a week. I love it. My hubby has already weighed and lost 5 pounds. I told my sister about it and she ordered the book from the website. I just ordered my own book. I was very impressed by rogers testimony to God and that made the book my mission as I have been praying for answers for my overweight 17 year old daughter!

Thanks
AMY
catdog530

Post by catdog530 »

I too am here because of the article from the First magazine.  I purchase First maybe 3-5 times a year.  What caught my eye was "Drop 12 lbs. every week-speed up metabolism 219%".. I thought, yeah right--another fad diet.  But I felt inspired to read that article.  I read it that evening after dinner, and HAD to buy the book.  I drove to Borders to find that they were sold out.  I could have ordered it, but I didn't want to wait.  I then drove to Waldenbooks where I was told they can't get that book in.  Then I thought EBAY!!.  I went home & got on Ebay.  There were some for sale, but I wanted to also search google to compare prices.  That's when I came upon this website.  I ordered it from here, and got it within a week.  I can't tell you how different this is for me.  I have been on countless diets, none of which I could stick to.  This one has been easy for me.  The food is great, and my cravings are gone.  I spent the first week and 1/2 reading this message board- soaking in all the info.  I love the personalities of all the different people here.  I have never contributed to a message board before this, but I feel like you are all my friends.  I thank God for both this new WOE and for all of you.
God Bless,
Deb
Deb T

Post by Deb T »

As I stated in my journal, I had prayed and asked Jesus to help me lose weight.  I remembered that when my mom asked for help losing weight, she ended up with a blood suger level of 600 and lost 2 pounds a day.  My sister in law prayed and asked God to help her lose weight, and she ended up with lung cancer and lost weight.  She also, lost the battle and went to be with our Lord last July.  They both said, be careful for what you ask.  So, my prayer became, please show me how to lose weight in a healthy way.  About 2 weeks later, I saw the first magazine and decided to purchase it.  I don't buy magazines much anymore, since my husbands work has cut back.  But, I purchased this one.  After reading the article, I looked LDL up on the internet.  That is how I found this message board.  I wasn't going to get the book because I have so many diet books and really didn't have the money to spend on another book but after about a week of being on the message board, I went ahead and got the book.  I am so glad that I did.  I have been on the diet 1 week.  I don't know how much weight that I have lost.  I do not weigh myself.  My double chin is begining to improve and my pants are fitting a little better.  This may be water weight, I don't know, but, I will keep on going because LDL is so easy.  Even if I get discouraged, I will not give up, because I feel that LDL is God's answer to my prayer and I will lose weight.
Glen M
New, but learning

Post by Glen M »

Well...this is my story! I'm a newbie and not too good on message boards I think. During June I was on vacation in Panama City Florida and the condo where we were staying had a copy of the First magazine that all of you have read. My wife told me about the article and I was so excited about it I drove to the local bookstore in P.C. and they had the new (red cover) book. I started reading this on my vacation and started eating fruit and trying to do as much of the plan as I could. The thing that I noticed right away was that I didn't get the sick "sugar drop" (Hypoglycemia) from not eating. I ate a breakfast of fruit very early one morning and didn't get hungry! Wow...for me this was a major happening! So...I started reading more and became more interested in how to change all my eating habits. I actually "started" the Monday after I returned from vacation on June the 29th and it is amazing how far I have come and learned during that time about how to eat! I was at Costco this past Sunday (07/05) and saw a demo on Vita-Mix, It was just what I was looking for and fit into this program so well! I am thrilled that my wife found the Let's Do lunch article (I probably would have never read it!) and I found the book! I am starting to have some health problems and was very desperate to find a way to lose the weight. I have tried several things also, but nothing could take away that intense hunger, and then I found LDL! Was it just chance that the article was in the condo where we stayed? Was it just luck that I found the new edition of LDL and it was in stock at the local bookstore in Panama City? Was it just chance that I was in Costco and saw the Vita-Mix demo on the last day they were there, and they demonstrated how to make wonderful smoothies and hot soups that I never knew you could do so quickly...you tell me, but I don't think so! I think God made a way for me to find this...and I thank him very much for it. I truly believe this is the start of a life change for me!

Thanks for reading this!

Glen
Wendy P.

Post by Wendy P. »

I am here because of the First magazine article, also.  I rarely buy any of those magazines but something grabbed me about the article.
After having gastric bypass surgery in September of 2003, I lost 90-lbs only to slowly gain back 50-lbs of that.  I have prayed that God would lead me to something that would help me lose that weight and help me to keep it off this time.  I started this new way of eating last Wednesday and have lost 4-lbs.  I don't care how long it takes to get the weight back off as long as the scales don't keep moving upward.  As I learned from the gastric bypass, a quick-fix is not always the answer.  I'm just going to have to "tweak" this way of eating a little because I get very full really fast.  Like when I ate breakfast yesterday morning all I had was my banana & 2 eggs and it was hard for me to eat a broiled burger pattie & some crowder peas at lunchtime.  I also have a hard time eating very lean meat because of it being so dry.  It seems to get stuck at the top of my stomach which is pretty painful.  Does anyone have any suggestions for this?  I truly want to do this woe b/c I believe it is so much healthier for me.  I have told everyone I can about it and have a few family members that are planning to jump on board if it works for me. 
I just wanted to say "Thank You" to Mr. Wilson and my Heavenly Father for sharing this with me and leading me to this way of eating.  I truly believe this is the answer to my prayer!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcV6x8t/]
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

My daughter and I both get the First Mag.  She read the artical before me.  She ordered the book from amazon for only 5 dollars as it was the blue book.  She said I don't usually do a diet something for Mother's Day but when I read the mag. I knew that it was for you as you are always eating fruit and veggies. (and all the other no no's)  I read the book and started with ldl right away.  WOE is for me.  I am down 15 pounds in 7 weeks.  right on pace with my goals.
I love everyone here at LDL as they are so supportive.
I like it because even RT rings in with advice and laughter.
Thanks Donna
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
intune878

Post by intune878 »

I found the article in "First" just recently.  But, I saw something about LDL a couple of years ago.  I can't remember if I was surfing the web or if I saw it on television.  I guess I wasn't ready for it because I didn't even try it.  You know, the Lord knows when we are ready for certain things in our walk.  I believe He knew when the time was right. Now is the time.  Thank you, Jesus for your ever guiding hand and the strength and power to reach what would otherwise be unattainable goals.  For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Pray for me as I pray for you!!!!  Intune878

RandomRaff

Post by RandomRaff »

Hello, I am one of those lurkers, yes - I will admit! So I decided to create an account this is my first post :)

My mother actually dropped off some magazines at my work and one of them happens to be 'First'. For the first time in my life I had forced myself to diet/watch what I eat (In January of this year), lost 15.5 pounds in 2 months, suffered an injury and I've put half of it back on :( Now that I have finished physio I am totally starting to be health conscious again and that is the reason why my mother is dropping off all these magazines haha..
I have never bought this magazine and seldomly buy any but after reading the article I decided to crawl the website to see what I could learn!

Of course the BRIGHT GREEN 'DROP 12 LBS EVERY WEEK' caught my attention - way to go First!

It looks like a fantastic community and a food-lifestyle change that I could follow... Now if only payday would come so I could order this book!
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Welcome to LDL randomraff!  Here is a link to a place on this board of how you can get started while you are waiting to get a book.  It is posted by Tom.  Then just get the book as soon as you can because it has lots more information that will be helpful to you. 

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=2812.0
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

I also subscribe to FIRST.  I was a little disappointed that in the article, they "stocked up" on rice, and it's not advised.  Also, on the sample menu plan, there was a wrap (obviously with flour or corn tortilla.) 

But, I find I don't miss the rice, bread, and pasta (too much.)

The great news is that you can get started just by reading the terrific website while your book is "in the mail."

Although I've prayed about losing weight for years, God does everything in His own time.  Maybe this is finally my time!

Thanks be to God!
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Welcome MusicManiac. You are going to love this WOE. The food is truly delicious and this family is the best.  We are all here if you need us and the food police are great with their help, suggestions and praise.

Good luck on your trip to Skinnytown,
Martha
RandomRaff

Post by RandomRaff »

Roger,

Thank you very much for your kind genocity - I have sent you an email as per your request! Wow, I do not know what to say aside from thanking you and your wonderful support crew over, and over, again! It took me a few moments to put pride aside and muster up the courage to send you the email. So again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Since yesterday I have gone ahead and peiced together what I could from the forums and even posted an eating journal of a sorts  :teeth:!
I sincerely hope that once this book arrives I will be able to share with friends and family my success and the success of countless others to further spread the teachings of  LDL  *hug*

Kindest Regards,

Raffinée
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Welcome to LDL  Saundra!  *love*  You will love this way of eating!  :cool:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
RandomRaff

Post by RandomRaff »

Thanks Roger - fired it off again!
cjs0557

Post by cjs0557 »

HI! I have bought magazines forever, I love to read, especially the ones that say "Diet".  I will buy First magazine several times a year if the cover appeals to me.  I saw "THE" First magazine while standing in line at the grocery store. I picked up the magazine and it screamed "BUY ME".  I brought the magazine home and for the first time sat down immediately and started to read the article regarding LDL. This is unusual behavior for me as I usually just add the magazine to the pile of magazines to be read. As I read the article and looked at the "Diet", I thought, I can do this!  And for the First time I have done just that and I know I can live like this for the rest of my life.  I looked for the book at our local bookstore but they were no help. So I went to the website and ordered the book immediately.  God's hand was definitely in this!  :angel: I practice Deliberate Creation and this goal was one of the things I aspired to.  Thank you Roger Troy and thank you "God"!  I am dedicated.

Cyndy  *love*