LDL and Oprah

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Jerzygrl09

Re: LDL and Oprah

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

That's for sure, Eljayne.

It was just a "what if" thought....
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

and isn't it wonderful that we can all express our thoughts on this board. *hug* Lynda
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

I don't know if anyone of you watch the show The Dr's but I think it would do great on this show. I have seen several shows where they talk about different ways of eating healthy and the whole time I was thinking that Roger Troy should be on there talking about Let's Do Lunch. They really seem to be open minded.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Yes, Tina, you are right - they are very open-minded on that show. Good idea....I'm sure at some point they, or someone else on prime time TV, will get wind of it. Word of mouth alone is very powerful. It's just a matter of time.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Guys, Yes it will be in God's time but that doesn't mean we can't help and create some opportunity  :happy: That's sort of like praying for a college education and then never sending in an application. If it is the right time and we have the right message, success will follow.  :D

New topic coming to solicit "Your Success Story" Letters and emails in a methodical manner. BTW, Roger sanctioned. :thumbsup:

See you in a new topic.

Julie :rose:
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

I agree, I think it is only a matter of time also.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Julie - excellent point you made!! I think we could get this train steamin' down the track if we did it "methodically". (I need to retire already, I keep thinking of p.r. and marketing angles even in my sleep!  *grrr*)

In any event, there are so many of you with success stories, it's very impressive. I hope to have one someday (soon) too.  :thumbsup:
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

I wrote to Oprah about LDL and Roger sent me an autographed book which i mailed to her with a letter about LDL... She never responded.  I'm thinking that it probably didn't even get to her.

RT also sent me a book autographed to Tyra Banks and i couldn't figure out where she was located (she was in the process of moving from somewhere to NYC i think at the time).  RT, i still have that book in brand new condition .  It's the blue one.  (i haven't even cracked it open).  I couldn't find an address where to send it.  It seemed like the website didn't have a mailing address for her.  She may have security problems.  But if someone can find me the address, i'll be glad to send it on...but i can't write that i'm big as a house again....perhaps someone else should send it....Niki?  Or wait until i've started losing again?

margo
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

margo wrote:Or wait until i've started losing again?

that WON'T be long...it's happening AS WE SPEAK...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
needwife

Post by needwife »

ok am i to understand that someone handed  oprah a ldl book and she said diets dont work and tossed the book aside. ok if this is true, we can use this to market rogers book. ok roger  here is the break you been looking for.  why not advertise this in big bold print, EVEN OPRAH SAID DIETS DONT WORK ! THATS WHY LDL WILL, BECAUSE ITS NOT A DIET, ITS A NEW WAY OF EATTING.  roger you market that slogan and you will  save alot of lives. ttyl needwife :thumbsup:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]
806Shari

Post by 806Shari »

I believe there is other programs that would be better than Oprah. Needless to say I don't watch her anymore.  I will keep LDL in my prayers that it will get the recognition it deserves. 

shari  :D

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Jerzygrl09 wrote:Due to her massive audience, I thought it would be a good way to promote LDL - - it's all about marketing. Not disputing it'll happen in God's time - but I'm just thinking from a business point of view about this.

Last night, there was show on cable about her and the impact she has on people's lives and businesses when they are called to her program. It's astounding, as you can imagine.

I just realized we kinda trounced your idea, Jerzy and I'm sorry for that.  I agree with you totally that featuring (or even mentioning) LDL on her program would do more to get the word out than 100 or even a thousand magazine articles.  She's massively powerful and influential - you are absolutely correct.  If you do an advanced search using "Oprah" as the keyword and Roger Troy's screen name you will find past discussion of this very topic that was brought up to RT a few months ago:  

You will also see where he has been trying for several years to get an audience with her and other popular national TV programs.  Guess it's not easy.  Be sure and give him your marketing advice -- he needs it to get through to her!
Last edited by Gwennaford on June 18th, 2009, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

electricj1316 wrote:I don't know if anyone of you watch the show The Dr's but I think it would do great on this show. I have seen several shows where they talk about different ways of eating healthy and the whole time I was thinking that Roger Troy should be on there talking about Let's Do Lunch. They really seem to be open minded.

Tina

Good idea, Tina.  I saw Valerie Bertinelli on there last week talking about her 40 pound weight loss on Jenny Craig.  She's cute.  I'm glad she succeeded & has kept it off for a year.  I'm gonna keep my eye on her to see if she's able to make it last.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

QVC.  While I don't watch QVC, I have had product on QVC and you reach a very large audience.  Roger would probably be great on air with the host. 
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

While I don't watch QVC, I have had product on QVC and you reach a very large audience.  Roger would probably be great on air with the host.

I can just picture it now!  I bet Roger would be great! 
mrsj
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

He could bring on some of the folks who have had success, and, the fact that all proceeds go to charity is an amazing story. 
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Gwen - thanks for your kind note
mamavan

Post by mamavan »

Oprah is a wonderful philanthropist, and I'm sure, like all of us, with her yo-yo dieting, etc. this just seems like another diet to her. I think we should try to get Good Morning America, or Today interested...if you can get the NY market talking about this...Ophrah will happen. We should email Robin or Diane at GMA and ask them if they have heard of Roger and his plan for life. GMA is always doing something on dieting. Well, I'm going to practice what I preach and email them today!
Cheryl
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

great idea mamavan -
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

I don't watch Oprah very often and I caught the one where the biggest losers were on.  OMG the poor girl was counting every ounce and such small portions.  Then last year's winner came on saying that he had gained it all back.

Those trainers need to get on board with LDL or all their hard work will be for not.

RB Kayaking