Desperate in Phoenix

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
ralong
New, but learning

Desperate in Phoenix

Post by ralong »

Hi Everyone,

I'm beginning to feel like the negative Nellie of this site, but I feel like I'm the only one who can't seem to get off the ground with the program.  There are so many people here touting stories of success, and they're people like myself who have fifty or more pounds to lose (I have been as high as 270 years ago and in the past three years got down from 230 to 190. Over the last year though, I gained 20 pounds back due to family estrangement issues, past resentments that never righted themselves, etc). The point is that I know this program is helping so many who've felt like nothing would ever work, and who've used food to console themselves, yet the majority are succeeding in spite of their former reliance on food to heal their emotional wounds. 

Now, it's true that my hubby and daughter love their carbs, and I've told you all how my husband won't go on this plan with me and rid the house of pasta, bread, cheese and chips, though he does try to hide the goodies from me and not indulge in front of me.  But I am also guilty of giving into cravings and buying forbidden foods at the store even though I've taken great pains to buy and prepare all the LDL foods. So what am I missing or doing wrong that the rest of you aren't?

Desperate to kick the weight trap. Please help.

Rebecca
Jazmyn
Master Member

Re: Desperate in Phoenix

Post by Jazmyn »

Just a few suggestions..

Are you doing a food journal in the journal section? I find this really helps me with accountability. HONEST accountability...put everything you eat in there...if you are buying the wrong food and indulging..write it down. You will get some very helpful feedback. It also makes you think just a tad bit longer before you eat something you shouldn't. Oh boy...is it worth eating this because I KNOW I will have to post that I have eaten it..and well...you get the idea lol

Part of it for me was mindset. I will dedicate X amount of time to give this a fair shot. 1 month..2 weeks. Wrap hold of the program with every fiber (bean reference!) of your being. Don't stray and notice how much better you feel, notice how the cravings disappear. You will be hooked. Attempting this WOE only part way you are not getting ALL the benefits of the plan. Your blood sugar is not stabilizing and you are having cravings and sugar highs and lows.

Once you get through the few days of feeling icky from detoxing..you will be amazed at your energy and general over all feeling of well being.

Trust the plan...follow it as it was intended...and you will experience all the joys and successes you are reading about.  :thumbsup:

Hope this helps a bit  :)

I wish you all the best with LDL ..I truly do. I can relate to alot of what you said...and I have struggled ALL my life..til now!

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

ralong wrote: I feel like I'm the only one who can't seem to get off the ground with the program. 

rebecca, without even knowing, i'm going to say that one of your problems is eating until full...actually, usually it's either that or too much snacking even on allowable foods....go over with me what you eat on any given day and tell me what your weak spots are.........
i only have my son living with me now, but up until a few months ago, i had my daughter and her son here also, so i had LOADS of junk in the house........when i first went on let's do lunch, i DID have all that stuff in the house.......the key is EATING UNTIL FULL which i think is very hard for most women(NEVER for me...i hate to be hungry)......my problem is that if i go off, i struggle to get back on...and for that first week, i HAVE to have all junk food out of the house...after a week, i can have anything in the house, nothing bothers me.....
don't forget that you have to eat all the allowable foods whenever you're hungry until the cravings go...if you go off with ONE BOWL OF ICE CREAM, you have to treat yourself like you just started and again eat all the foods whenever hungry...
so, let me know and we can poke this around....i guarantee that if you work with me, i can help you get to that craving free place.............niki  
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Rebecca please listen to Niki, she is one of the people that can help you the most.

You found LDL for a reason. We are all in the same boat, or have been. My house is full of the foods I can no longer eat, but it no longer bothers me. I decided when I found LDL to give it 3 days to see what happens. I'm terribly skeptical by nature so I took a wait and see attitude. Well, after 3 days lo and behold my cravings were under control - in large part, I think, to the quantity of fruit I could eat. The beans also curbed my desires for bread/pasta and other grains. Dairy, with the exception of eggs now and then, are off the menu. No problem with that either.

There are a lot of experts on this board who are willing to help us. Reach out to them - they'll help you stay on track. And know that you are not alone - and believe that LDL will work. It does. Good luck.
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Hi Rebecca.

I feel for you, I really do! AND I understand about the emotional cycle of eating. I've been there, done that, for soooo long! I, too, thought it was a hopeless case to break the patterns of a lifetime.

First, you won't get rid of the cravings of sugar addiction without doing one thing: when the craving strikes, be prepared to eat the sweetest fruit you can find, and eat it until you can't POSSIBLY face having another bite of it -- it would just make you want to throw up! Be prepared to do that EVERY TIME you crave something sweet and forbidden. Have on hand and ready to put in your mouth watermelon, or frozen grapes, or pineapple, or whatever you choose that is a sweet WHOLE food fruit.

You won't ever have the strength to break the emotional bond to food until your body has broken the physical bond. Once your body isn't screaming at you about the sugar, then you can deal with the messages your mind is sending, and you can CHOOSE to stay away from the bad stuff. But you can't break both at once.

I think many well-educated professionals who deal with diabetes are missing a key point about fruit. Yes, most fruit is high on the glycemic INDEX, meaning that it is high in sugars. What they miss is that it is also very LOW in glycemic LOAD, which is the rate at which those sugars are absorbed into the blood stream. Because of the immense amount of FIBER in whole, fresh fruit, your body slowly and steadily has access to those wonderful, natural sugars, and there is generally not a spike -- unless you are snacking on it in little doses.

For now, I would make it my primary goal to concentrate on kicking the physical addiction to sugar, rather than focusing on losing the pounds. The pounds WILL come off, but you are facing a lifetime battle with the addictions if you don't kick them to the curb.

Good luck, and God bless! Please stay here with us and don't get discouraged.

You can do it!
Terri
needwife

Post by needwife »

DEAR REBECCA, I FEEL YOUR PAIN  AND I HAVE ONLY ONE GOOD SUGGESTION. IT IS CALLED A FAMILY MEETING.

YOU TELL YOUR FAMILY YOU ARE NOT HAPPY AND FOR THE NEXT 30 DAYS  IT IS LDL WAY OR THE HIGHWAY AND YOU JUST GET RID OF EVERY PIECE OF FOOD IN THAT HOUSE THAT IS NOT LDL APROVED.

YOU TELL THEM IF THEY LOVE YOU , THAT 30 DAYS IS NOT TO MUCH TO ASK . AND YOU TELL THEM IF YOU FIND ANY FOOD IN THE HOUSE THAT IS NOT LDL APROVED IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS IT WILL BE THROWN AWAY.

ONCE THEY EAT LDL FOR A WHILE THEY WILL FIND OUT IT IS NOT A DIET AND THEY WILL JOIN YOU. THEY THINK IT IS A DIET AND THAT IS WHAT IS TURNING THEM OFF. GOOD LUCK DONT GIVE UP  :thumbsup: TTYL NEEDWIFE
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]
jlacotta
New, but learning

Post by jlacotta »

Hi Rebecca,
I'm also new to the LDL of eating/program.  I live in Tucson, we should get together sometime.  I go up to Phoenix about every two to three weeks to visit my grandson, daughter & son-in-law.  I have tried every diet known to Man/Woman and my problem is that I LOVE FOOD, mostly bad CARBS!!!  Since I have been on LDL, I feel better and do notice my pants fit better now than before and I have more energy. 
Keep a positive attitude and please email me if you want a 'Arizona Buddy' on the LDL plan.  My email is: jlacotta@earthlink.net and my name is Janice. 

Keep the Faith  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
What We do does not Define Us. What Defines Us is how Well We Rise after Falling!