My Top 3 Trips How to Suceed on LDL

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Saved4Life

My Top 3 Trips How to Suceed on LDL

Post by Saved4Life »

Ok....drum roll.....here's my tips

1)  Always prepare ahead, so that you will always have plenty of LDL foods to choose from.

2)  Always prepare ahead, so that you will always have plenty of LDL foods to choose from.

3)  Always prepare ahead, so that you will always have plenty of LDL foods to choose from.

ANY QUESTIONS???

Love and Miss you ALL....These tips are more successful when the author actually puts them into practice. 

I confess that I have been struggling big time, and wobbling off the LDL path.  The pressure of doing the work of two people - literally doing both jobs, for the price (pay) of one, and travelling back and forth to both offices has been getting me down.  It's my own fault that I wobble...I just have not been prepared, but there are just so many hours in the day and when I finally get home each evening I find myself exhausted (mentally, especially) and fail miserably about getting up out of my chair and prepare something for lunch the next day.  (Gosh, even I can't stand all this whining)

I am going to have to adjust and formulate a plan of action to be prepared.  I know one thing for sure, I do NOT have enough time to come here often enough and post and read these awesome posts filled with love and encouragement from all of you.  As I write I am taking 5 minutes out of my 30 minute lunch break to pop in after woofing down a lunch (LDL friendly) I cooked for myself at 8:00 last night.  I have some grapes in the tiny freezer in my little refrige at work, so with the Lord's help I can be successful, having drawn the line in the sand and made myself a promise to get back to TOTALLY LDL.

To all New LDL'ers...hang in there - LDL ROCKS and really WORKS - and remember ALWAYS BE PREPARED, so that you don't set yourself up for failure!

LOVE & MISS EVERY ONE  *love*
Doreen
DEBBIEWEBE

Re: My Top 3 Trips How to Suceed on LDL

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Always prepare ahead

The official LDL CHEER!!!!!

Thanks for the reminder.  Im off to the store as we speak to stock up on fruit and veggies and beans and eggs, and fresh corn and herbs to make myself a well stocked fridge for the weekend.  Which by the way is the time I am most likely to stray.  Weekdays are a cinch but Im always so tempted on weekends to throw out my good sense and eat something bad.  This weekend Im gonna try and be prepared with good choices already prepared so I can tell myself I dont need to pay for a pizza.........I have something way more delicious already made!!!!
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

Just thought It needed repeating  *evil* *evil* *evil*

1)   Always prepare ahead, so that you will always have plenty of LDL foods to choose from.

2)   Always prepare ahead, so that you will always have plenty of LDL foods to choose from.

3)   Always prepare ahead, so that you will always have plenty of LDL foods to choose from.

[/quote]
mamavan

Post by mamavan »

Doreen, the road we travel is not always a nice drive ... there are bound to be potholes. Im new here...this is my second week on LDL. You sound like your schedule is really tough. I know it's easy for others to say and you apparently managed to do some cooking ahead of time...when you get some time from that hectic schedule maybe you can plan a day of cooking and freezing. I'm easy I can eat the same thing for days on end w/o getting tired of it. So when I make a pot of soup...I'll have eat it all week. One thing is for sure your mantra is so true!

"Always prepare ahead!..."

Best wishes to you,
Cheryl
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Please be encouraged by knowing that all of us "wobble" from time to time.  When I get to that place of choosing what to eat (do I want more grapes or that Little Debbie Nutty Bar?) I try to remember to ask myself:  "How do you want to feel in one hour?  Do you want to be happy with your choice or do you want to go hide your head somewhere and start whining?" Since I've started to really pay attention to that question and really ask myself what I really want, I've been able to go for the grapes.

All the individual little wrong choices don't seem so bad at the time.  But start stacking them up and here a pound there a pound...everywhere a pound pound.  Right now, praise God, it's not worth it to me.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

AMEN, Pat...you said a mouthful...pun intended!

Doreen
Honeygram

Post by Honeygram »

Boy, can I relate, Doreen.  I especially liked Pat's reply.  There are not enough hours in the day to do what I need to get done.  Needless to say, everything doesn't get done!  That's one reason I love the LDL diet--it's easy for me.  I fix my husband's supper which is tomorrow's lunch for me.  Whipping up a smoothie, eating fruit, or popcorn, or leftovers is a breeze to me to spending a lot of time cooking.  Hope your schedule improves--you need a life too!

Honeygram

heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I have heard that for several years and I am a firm believer in planning most every thing I do.  It  might not come out as I hoped but I did have a plan.

Martha
Honeygram

Post by Honeygram »

AMEN, Martha!
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

patsyfay wrote:Please be encouraged by knowing that all of us "wobble" from time to time.  When I get to that place of choosing what to eat (do I want more grapes or that Little Debbie Nutty Bar?) I try to remember to ask myself:  "How do you want to feel in one hour?  Do you want to be happy with your choice or do you want to go hide your head somewhere and start whining?" Since I've started to really pay attention to that question and really ask myself what I really want, I've been able to go for the grapes.

All the individual little wrong choices don't seem so bad at the time.  But start stacking them up and here a pound there a pound...everywhere a pound pound.  Right now, praise God, it's not worth it to me.

You said it so well, Pat...

I took away a pair of messages from your post. 

First, "all of us 'wobble' from time to time."  Yes we do.  And just like those Bozo punching bags, or the little Weebles people, we may get knocked onto our round little butts, but--thank God--with LDL we pop right back up.  Old Chinese proverb...Fall down seven times, stand up eight.  We get "points" for the effort, not just the victory.

Second, "when I get to that place of choosing what I want to eat..."  There it is, one of the big keys to success:  Making choices, rather than being driven...deciding, not being dictated to, by out of control emotional hunger.  If we can just slow ourselves down long enough to think through a craving, we can usually back away.  I've read on different posts that "nothing tastes as good as thin feels."  That's true--at least I assume it is, :tongue:--but for me, I have to add, "nothing tastes as good as controlling my eating feels."

GEM...Booked on the

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

chipmunk wrote:Just thought It needed repeating  *evil* *evil* *evil*

1)   Always prepare ahead, so that you will always have plenty of LDL foods to choose from.

2)   Always prepare ahead, so that you will always have plenty of LDL foods to choose from.

3)   Always prepare ahead, so that you will always have plenty of LDL foods to choose from.

[/quote]

AMEN - I find when I prepare ahead and plan each days menu the day before or first thing in the morning I stay on track. I also have a lot of leftovers lately... seems like this is working, eh?    :rolleyes: :thumbsup: *hug* :kiss: *woot* :rose:      Eljayne
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Doreen,

You may not post often but you post well. Thanks for the inspired tip  :angel:

I am sorry that you have such a grueling schedule. I am in the same boat. Unfortunately with the economy as shaky as it is, all companies are cutting back on people and the ones left standing are wondering if they were lucky or not, as they absorb all the extra work.

LDL came to me at the perfect time. I can respond to the stress around me more easily. I have more energy and think more clearly and am able to stay focused. This is the one thing that I will take the time to do for myself.

And, wobbling is allowed.  *hug*

Julie :rose:
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Well said, Thankyou from the bottom of my pea picking heart. 
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Thanks so much, everybody.

See, I knew there was a reason I miss being here as often as I once was able to be - you are all such loving encouragers!

I try very hard to make "dinner" at night that is for lunch for DH and me the next day.  He may not be doing LDL totally, but he's onboard for the main mean at LUNCH, and he joins me for a big bowl of popcorn for dinner almost every night.    I love him to death, but the one thing he insists on keeping on hand is one I find incredibly hard to resist is PEANUT BUTTER  *scyth*  I am trying so HARD to stay away from it, and I am successful most of the time.  I used to struggle with leaving bread alone, but now I don't even want it any more  ;)

I totally miss y'all, I can't say that often enough!  *love*

Doreen
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Buy the IM HEALTHY soynut butter and let him try that.....he wont like it as much as peanut butter so maybe he wont eat as much......also make sure he's not OVEREATING IT it cause it causes cravings in some.  Maybe a little bit on a couple of corn thins will be enough to get him thru until his urge subsides.....and let him eat it ONLY AFTER HES FILLED UP ON LEGAL LDL FOODS FIRST.  Then for sure he wont eat as much.

LDL MOTTO....the least fattening version that still appeals to you is what you have to be eating. 
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

Couldn't help it....I like this! Thanks for the encouragement to Plan Ahead, that's what I need to work on!

ginney

Post by ginney »

Awesome, I copied it and I'm gonna try to resize it and print it out.
Thanks for sharing... ;)
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Needsawife is working on a peanut butter made with blackeyed peas.  I don't use peanut butter except when I'm kayaking and planning on lunch on the water.  I don't have to worry about it spoiling and I thought it was protein--but I'm sure Needsawife will come up with a great easy solution for all of.

RB Kayaking